St. Francis Manor I - San Francisco, CA

With gratitude for this godsend of a care home!

St. Francis Manor worked out so well for my mom that I'm actually glad the large retirement community wherein she'd had a relatively good run stopped working out. Deciding to look for a new place is what led to this place which was a godsend! Bedridden and far into her dimentia years, my mom was a handful at the end. Nevertheless in this home she was consistently met with love from the warm, family-oriented, devoted, hard-working, experienced, skillful caregivers there. When I and other family members visited, we were met with kindness, compassion, and flexibility. Not only was our singing tolerated (my mom loved sing-alongs!), we were sometimes enthusiastically joined by a staff member or two or another resident. Since I work about a quarter mile away, I still pass by from time to time. When I look at the building again, I feel deep gratitude.

A Godsend.

My mother was recently there for the last two months of her life. She was not easy to care for, and I am eternally grateful to [name removed] and her staff for the loving, devoted and professional care that she got. They were very flexible with family preferences. [name removed] was also a great resource on palliative and hospice care options in the City. This home is a godsend.

Has one bed available $5500 for rent and 100% assistance.

My mother was treated so beautifully. She was kept so clean and enjoyed home cooked delicious food it was especially wonderful to live so close by. I thank the angels who work there from the bottom of my heart. God bless them!

A Good Move

This was a good move for my grandfather, and he seems to have adjusted well. The community is very nice and very clean; I have no concerns with that. The staff here has been nothing but helpful and kind to him and our family when we come visit. The only thing that I've noticed is that they don't offer many activities here, so if that is important to you then this wouldn't be a good community for you. The food is fine, my grandfather hasn't said anything bad about it. It has been a good experience so far for us, and I would highly recommend this community.

They are doing an okay job.

They are doing an okay job. He's on hospice, and there isn't anything positive to say. The staff is friendly, and they follow up on any concerns that might come up. There really isn't anything specific that needs to be improved at all.

I liked this place. The st...

I liked this place. The staff and owner seem very nice. I'm a little concerned about the stairs to get out into the back yard, but Mom can still do stairs with assistance.

St. Francis Manor I is an assisted living facility in San Francisco, CA that offers residents independent living options and daily support services.