AlmaVia of San Francisco - San Francisco, CA

AlmaVia of San Francisco offers older adults a unique opportunity to choose a faith-based community where quality of life is enhanced through creative programs and supportive assisted living services. Our commitment to each person we serve is to proved high quality housing with services and amenities that promote independence and foster dignity, respect, and personal choice.

AlmaVia of San Francisco offers residents a choice of one bedroom plus den, on bedroom, or alcove apartments. Our custom care approach to assisted living allows residents to choose the service plan program that works best for them. AlmaVia Gardens, our dementia care program, combines old-fashioned care and compassion with the most current programming techniques and equipment so that residents who suffer from Alzheimer's Disease or related forms of dementia can benefit from a residential environment while receiving the care and services they need.

AlmaVia of San Francisco is proud to be a part of Elder Care Alliance, a nonprofit faith-based organization committed to serving and enriching the physical, emotional, and spiritual well-being of older adults.

This was the second place on my visits to different assisted living homes in the San Francisco area, and I immediately loved it. The place has a warm and welcoming atmosphere. The staff and residents seem happy. Its just a great place.

Newly Renovated

This community was very nice we liked it.Since it was just recently renovated everything was new and clean very updated. On the tour, the staff was helpful and nice. My husband took time to talk to the residents and any of their family members to get a sense as to how they liked living here and everyone seemed to agree it was a good place. They seem to offer quite a few activities to keep the residents busy.

PLUS: Nice facility, large windows and lots of natural light. Good size one-bed rooms. Quite neigborhood, adjacent to green space. You don't hear the freeway. Catholic, with parish church on the property. Wide hallways. MINUS: Right up agains freeway on-ramp. Many of the residence have walkers and cane, some patients in wheels chairs sit in empty rooms. Dining room feels small and not very special. Building feels more like a converted hospital or SNF.

Not a good fit...

AlmaVia was a nice facility, but they were not for what we were looking for. They could accommodate one but not the other. We wanted my aunt and uncle to stay together as of we chose this community they would have to separate them because of their different levels of care.

A tour

This community would have been a good choice, however it was just a little to far away. The community was nice and the staff were wonderful when we visited. They had large rooms available.

Great nature views in courtyard!!

My mother really loves the nature that is in the courtyard at this community and the different views she has from all of the windows. I do feel a little let down with the lack of information I had received upon move in. I did not know that they where short staffed at night time and that it would take up too two hours for my mom to get a response to her call light. I had to hire extra help and have a caregiver come in during the night to take care her which is more expense than I had wanted to spend. Overall I am happy with everything there just needs to be some improvements made.

I would give them a five so far, they have been very good.

They have been very helpful and good about asking questions, and getting things taken care of once we got moved in. The food is actually quite good, and they have live entertainment, and she thinks that is good. She participates in the activities. The staff are very nice and helpful. It was more of an apartment/hotel kind of feel. I would give them a five so far, they have been very good.

They were my top choice for a while.

We considered AlmaVia as we were looking for options. They were my top choice for a while. There were some things that I found odd though. We tried to provide as much information about our experiences with her caregiving, as possible, to find the right fit for her. There was a concern that we were sharing too much and we found that odd, because I am the POA and we were sharing what we felt was needed to make sure she would be a worthwhile resident here. The waiting list then got very long, and they didn't want to be in the loop of her caregiving anymore. We then decided against AlmaVia.

Best Assisted Living Community in SF

Alma Via of SF is quite large, with three floors, two wings on the 2nd & 3rd floors dedicated to Memory Care. The staff here are caring, professional, and most of all, make the resident & family feel like family. My mother is in the Memory Care Unit for dementia. Here, they have excellent activities throughout the day, engaging the residents in fun activities they enjoy. The Gardens are quite nice, roomy, and very clean. The other residents appear to be very happy and well cared for. The Assisted Living areas are like being in a large hotel. The main dining room is quite nice - our family has had several meals there - good food & lots to chose from! I highly recommend Alma Via of San Francisco for your loved one.

Lovely staff

My mom needed memory care so many things the Alma Via community offers were not interesting or appropriate for her. That said, the staff in the memory care unit was lovely and very helpful. My mother survived just a very short time after moving in but we felt she got tremendous attention and an outpouring of support for her and all our family. It is impossible to judge financial value. We got services that my mother really needed and we paid quite a bit for them but not more than the going rate for similar services in San Francisco. The staff at Alma Via really do seem to live their values about the dignity of each resident and were wonderful to work with.

Excellent-consistent service

My mother has spent time in several assisted living facilities and this has been her best experience by far. They communicate consistently with her and I and its easy to reach anyone you need to talk to. The facility itself is quite new and my mom's apartment is clean and well-maintained. They've gotten my mom to be enthusiastic about quite a few of the activities, which was a pleasant surprise for me.

Bathtubs

The reason that I didn't choose this AlmaVia was because of the bathtub. You had to step over to get into the shower and I just didn't want my mom to fall. I thought it was a beautiful place and the had beautiful grounds. It was just the bathtub that I didn't like. We ended up choosing the AlmaVia in Union City instead.

Tessa Gresko

Hello, and thank you for your review. AlmaVia of San Francisco does not have bathtubs in any of it's apartments. All of our assisted living apartments offer safe entry without the need to step up into our showers. All showers offer our residents a tub shower bench and nearby grab bars for safety.

Elegant public spaces. Roo...

Elegant public spaces. Rooms seemed small. Mostly female residents. Parking adequate. Listed benefits equal to other facilities. Something wrong here - I can't put my finger on it.

Good

This place was nice. It was clean. Everything seemed on comparable to the others we were looking at. One of the others was more competetively priced though.

Took tour-have a deposit check there.

Took tour-have a deposit check there.

Very Nice, Top of the line,cost may b...

Very Nice, Top of the line,cost may be a problem for my step Dad though. Everyone was very friendly and it has a good location.

Nice, reminds me of a mini-version of...

Nice, reminds me of a mini-version of Monarch Village. Still liked another facility more so in terms of pricing and available perks but will keep this as a backup place.

This is the family's first choice, ha...

This is the family's first choice, hands down!