Pacifica Senior Living Mission Villa - Daly City, CA

• Full-time Activity Director
  • Outside Patio Garden
  • Care for seniors and adults recovering from an illness
  • On-site physical therapy
  • Free Assessment
  • Medical Director on Staff
  • Full Schedule of Trips, Events and Activities!
  • Free Nourishment Stations
  • Religious Services
  • 3 Balanced Meals and Snacks Per Day
  • Recreational & Social Activities
  • Specializing in Alzheimer
  • Social, cultural and educational life enrichment programs
  • Personalized care plans
  • Toileting & Incontinence Care
  • Mobility Assistance
  • Bathing, Grooming, Hygiene

Review of Pacifica Senior Living Mission Villa

[Name removed] was very accommodating and friendly. We enjoyed the facility and appreciated the welcoming staff and atmosphere. Enjoyed the tour and [Name removed] being very helpful.

Pacifica Senior Living

Thank you for taking the time to share your review, your opinion is very important to us. We are very proud of our community and support staff. Did you know we have a Facebook page with pictures of our residents and their interesting activities? (The link to the Facebook page is on our website, [removed] Please feel free to contact with any and all questions, [removed].

Review of Pacifica Senior Living

Love the facility and all the new updates. [name removed] was upfront with all costs. He knows and loves his community. I believe my husband will do well here.

Pacifica Senior Living

Thank you for your positive review! We are so pleased that you are happy. We appreciate the kind words and agree with you! We are very proud of our community and the level of care we provide! We have a great staff and genuinely care for all our residents.

Wonderful memory care facility

My niece and I wanted my sister to be able to stay in the same area that she’s always been in, and close to family. We chose this place because they have a dedicated memory care program, it’s a smaller sized facility so she receives closer attention, it’s close to my niece, and the cost seemed to be on par with other places, if not less expensive. From what I’ve seen and heard, they provide the care that she needs and the cost is reasonable. The staff here has done very well in introducing us to the community too. They’ve been very helpful in arranging a quick placement for my sister and getting her settled in, they’re easy to communicate with, and very good about answering questions. Even when my sister has occasional behavioral issues, they deal with it very well and communicate very well with the family. When she first moved in, they made sure she was evaluated by a doctor to make sure she wasn’t sick or anything like that. I was very impressed with that. The first couple of days were difficult for her but the staff was really good at understanding what to do, how to do it, and with working with our whole family. The food is nutritious and well-balanced and my sister has even lost a lot of weight, which is very good as she was unable to feed herself decent food before. There are no reservations from us about cleanliness; they do a good job and put my niece’s mind at ease. They offer activities like art and music, special meals and celebrations, and they’ll even post on their Facebook page about upcoming events so the families of the residents are aware and can join in. They seem to have a pretty good activities program. We’re happy with the level of care she’s receiving and I would recommend this place for your loved one.

Pacifica Senior Living

Hi there, thank you for taking the time to leave a review for us at Pacifica Senior Living Mission Villa. We're happy we could meet your expectations! Please don't hesitate to reach out if there's anything we can do for you.

A Full Memory Care Community

The care has been going very well for my mother-in-law. The community is clean and the meals are good. It was a good referral from A Place For Mom. It has been the second month and she seems to be settled in and they keep her busy with so many activities.

Pacifica Senior Living

Thanks for the detailed review, we are so happy to hear that your mother in law is enjoying our community. We strive to provide excellent care and service to our residents and their families at Mission Villa Memory Care. We appreciate you taking the time to leave us a review!

Mom and Cheryl visited. Put a deposit for a room.

Pacifica Senior Living

You really made our day today. Thanks for leaving us this response.

No...there are good staff here and it's clean but not enough staff, high turnover, multiple issues. A few families have recently taken their loved ones out. Check with San Mateo County Health and Human Services/Omsbudsman.

Pacifica Senior Living

Please call us at your earliest convenience to discuss this review [removed].

friendly and courteous

Great facility. It is always clean when I go there. The staff is very friendly and courteous. The staff really cares about the residents and always takes great care of them. I would highly recommend this facility.

Pacifica Senior Living

Thank you very much for taking the time to leave us this positive 5 star review. We appreciate it!

Patient staff

The facility is nice and always kept clean, but what stands out about Pacifica is the staff. They are patient, compassionate, and always willing to help. You can tell that the entire staff genuinely cares for the wellbeing and health of the residents here.

Pacifica Senior Living

Thank you for your positive review! We are incredibly proud of our staff and our community. We do genuinely care for everyone here. We are very proud of our community and the level of care we provide here and we truly thank you for sharing your review! We hope to see you around and please say Hi, we would love to shake your hand and say Thanks, in person.

They have been really good with mom. They are very patient and all around helpful. The facility is very clean and well kept. They have good activities to keep the residents engaged. Everything is going really good so far.

Pacifica Senior Living

Thank you for your positive review! We have a Facebook page and post weekly pictures of our residents and their interesting activities. (The link to the Facebook page is on our website).

Review of Pacifica Senior Living Mission Villa Alzheimer's / Memory Care in Daly City, CA

This property was recently acquired and the Community Relations Director was 3 days new on the job. So it is difficult to provide feedback on something that has not yet been established with the new owner. The Director could not readily answer many of my questions about the community (i.e. community bus for outings & doctor's appts). She did not even have the correct keys to show me the available rooms. The property was clean and bright and residents have access to 2 small outdoor areas. I did not like that the resident's bathroom is accessed from the main corridor and not from within their room. I was trying to learn more info about the new owner (is it a large organization?) of this property and felt the Director was snarky in her response; her rudeness turned me off.

Pacifica Senior Living

Thank you for your review. We have a fantastic team here and feel that we can provide exceptional care to our residents. We value our residents and families are constantly striving to make our community as enjoyable and comfortable as possible. We want our residents to feel cared for, engaged and to enjoy life. We would like to formally invite you back for a free tour and to meet our fantastic staff. Please reach out at your earliest convenience!

Daily observer

I visit my loved one every day, so I see the daily routine of the caregives. Of course, they are not perfect, but they care about the residents, and is shows it the treatment the residents are given. Their hearts are in the "tight place." they work hard, and most of all, I belileve, they are sincere about their efforts. I have come to love them all. What more can I say?

Pacifica Senior Living

Thank you for your positive review! We are so pleased that you are happy. We appreciate the kind words and agree with you! We are very proud of our community and the level of care we provide! We have a great staff and genuinely care for all our residents, and it shows.

I like the place so clean and well pl...

I like the place so clean and well pleasing they have kind staffs and beautiful receptionists

Pacifica Senior Living

Thank you for your positive review! We are very proud of our community and the exceptional level of care we provide. We do have a great staff and genuinely care for all our residents! We have a Facebook page and post weekly pictures of our residents and their interesting activities. (The link to the Facebook page is on our website).

Nice accommodations, but it...

Nice accommodations, but it's a long distance from Carol's home. Outdoors areas and views not appealing, gardens are minimal.

Pacifica Senior Living

Thank you for your positive review! We have a great staff and genuinely care for all our residents. We recently renovated the grounds and community. You can see the photos on our website and Facebook page. We have a fantastic team and feel that we can provide exceptional care to our residents. We invite you back to see how we have improved for the better.

Mission Villa of Daly City

After my father's death in 2013, I called A Place for Mom to help me find an appropriate residence for my mother near my home. The assisted living facility my parents had lived in together wasn't a good fit for my mother alone since she has some memory issues. We had to wait a few months for a room to be available, but we needed the time to see doctors and arrange the move.

My mother is able to take care of her personal grooming, but needs help with medications, and no longer has any interest in cooking or cleaning. She remembers her family, and can talk family and friends. She doesn't have Alzheimer's, so a facility with people at her own level was important.

The facility is always clean. The residents are always clean. There aren't the underlying odors some of the other places have. The laundry is done twice a week, and the bathrooms are cleaned daily. The radiant under-the-floor heating in the bedrooms works beautifully. Mom was always cold before she lived here.

All of the staff is friendly. Everyone called me by name the second time I came to visit. They are always kind with the residents. The maintenance staff has lent me tools for hanging pictures.

Mission Villa's charges include everything except incontinent supplies and two person assist. No point system, no extra cost for laundry, housekeeping or meds management. Sheets and towels are provided. A cable connection in her room is $35 a month. A phone line is not included, but is easy to order from AT&T. A podiatrist comes is regularly for a reasonable fee.

The care services are fantastic! First, the bathrooms are designed for wheelchairs. This seems intuitive for a senior facility, but my father could barely get into the bathroom of the their apartment in Tucson, and forget about getting in the shower. The nursing staff is wonderful. They check her blood pressure before giving her the blood pressure pill, and check her blood sugar twice daily. She is given sugarless alternatives for desserts and snacks. There are always plenty of staff available to help the residents and prevent falls, but they don't hover. Everyone is always pleasant.

There are activities all day, many designed to help with memory function. About four times a week there are music programs, church services every week, sing-a-longs, bingo, trivia games, and movies. Two interior gardens are open with trees and lots of roses. A small kitchen adjacent to the dining room has coffee, tea, cold drinks, snacks, ice and a microwave for residents and their visitors. I usually enjoy a cup of coffee while visiting mom. The design of the building's hallways makes a nice walking path. There are alcoves with a library and a beautiful fish tank, jigsaw puzzles, movie area, and the lobby. We enjoyed a beautiful sunset together through a window with a view last month.

Mom is happy at Mission Villa, and I'm grateful I found such a nice place for her near my home.

No Complaints!

They are very friendly! There have been some adjustments on the price, but they seem to be very aggressive in accommodating my mother. My brother and his son live in the City and they seem to be pleased - I've heard no complaints. My mother is very social and she's interfacing with a lot of folks, doing activities, and as your world is closing in on you, that's all you could hope for. It's her money, so might as well use it to pay for the Hilton!

Light, airy, clean facility...

Light, airy, clean facility. Individuals seem well tended. Liked the director, Keith Payne. Parking not a problem. Good mixture of males and females. Good ratio of assistants to residents. Benefits more than adequate.

Pacifica Senior Living

Thank you so much for your positive review!

Scary and Depressing. NO!

Scary and Depressing. NO!

Pacifica Senior Living

Thank you for your review. We are sorry to hear that you did not have a positive experience at our community. We value our residents and families and appreciate you sharing your comments. We wanted to let you know that we are constantly striving to improve our programs and activities for our residents. We invite you back to see how we have improved for the better.

This place is great

Was here for a short time but it was great.

Pacifica Senior Living

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review! We are very proud of our community and the level of care we provide here!! We value your time and appreciate the kind words!

Perfectt place for a loved one.

Before I placed my husband in the Villa, I toured the facility. I found the director and the staff friendly and informative. One thing I noticed is that all residence are called by name, and they are treated as though they were part of the staff's family. The staff is professional, friendly, and well-informed of each resident's special needs. There are activities for those who wish to join the group, yet the staff allow for those who are not joiners. The rooms are clean and safe for individuals who have trouble walking or showering on their own. My husband is shaved and dressed each morning, and taken to the dining room to eat. I'm very pleased with the outcome and the care my dear one is receiving.

Pacifica Senior Living

I visited this facility and it is cle...

I visited this facility and it is clean and everyone appeared well cared for. It is right next to a power facility.

For me , I would say that this place ...

For me , I would say that this place is perfect for my Mother.My step Dad still wants me to keep looking though,and I have only seen 4 places as of 3-19-2012. He did say that this was a better price, and he like myself, like that it is all memory care focused.

Pacifica Senior Living

Thank you for your positive review! We are very proud of our community and memory care program. We recently started a Facebook page and post weekly pictures of our residents and their interesting activities. (The link to the Facebook page is on our website). If you want to see the activities they are engaging in it is great way to stay involved. We are here to make sure that you and your family are happy. Please feel free to reach out at any time to share your thoughts. We look forward to hearing from you.

Too large for proper care...

Too large for proper care...

Pacifica Senior Living

Thank you for your review. We are sorry to hear that you feel this way. We value our residents and families are constantly striving to make our community as enjoyable and comfortable as possible. We want our residents to feel cared for, engaged and to enjoy life. We have a fantastic team and feel that we can provide exceptional care to our residents. We invite you back to see how we have improved for the better.

She is now living there

She is now living there

Pacifica Senior Living

Thank you for your positive review!

a large care facility, bright buildin...

a large care facility, bright building, acitivities not too interesting.

Pacifica Senior Living

Thank you for your review. We are sorry to hear that you feel this way. We take your comments seriously and wanted to let you know that we are working on many ways to make this community feel like their home. Our Activity Director is very engaging and always finding creative activities to do. Please feel free to let us know how we can better suit you. We are here to make sure you are happy and enjoying yourself.

Mission Villa is strictly a Dementia and Alzheimer's Memory Care Residence. We recognize the emotional burden placed on families that have a loved one with Cognitive Decline and Alzheimer's. Our doors are therefore always open as a resource for these families within the Bay Area and beyond. Everyone, whether or not one has a family member living here, is invited to attend our monthly family support meetings run by licensed professionals who are experts in the field of Memory Care. Our entire staff is uniquely trained to meet the specialized needs of Alzheimer and Dementia residents.

Mission Villa offers a wide variety of activities including music and crafts, plus mental and physical activities to promote wellness. We accept diabetics, some pets (depending on their size) and also work with those in advanced states of Alzheimer disease. Please call us for a tour anytime!

AMENITIES AVAILABLE