St. Clair Nursing Center - Saint Clair, MO

St. Clair Nursing Center - Saint Clair, MO has yet not published prices.

Buyer Beware - Don't place your loved one in this facility!

Despite the fact that this Nursing Center claims to have an Alzheimer's unit, my dad is being transferred because they cannot handle him wandering in the facility. This decision was made without consulting the family or the resident physician and happened within a matter of days. My dad had only been in the facility for 2 weeks. On Thursday, I was told by a staff member that everything was going great. On the following Monday, my mom received a phone call stating that she would have to find another facility for him and was then asked if she wanted to take him home. He is a nursing facility because she cannot handle him at home. In addition to the staff being incompetent in this matter, there have been several instances of neglect. We had pressed the call for the nurse for 30 minutes before one arrived. We have also observed a pager, that was continuously beeping, being left on a piano for 45 minutes before being retrieved by the nurse. I have also observed several staff members spending a lot of time in the smoking area. I am so disappointed in what I thought was going to be a great facility. Not sure how they got the 5 out of 5 in the Medicare review. I still cannot understand how a facility who claims to have an Alzheimers unit cannot handle a patient who wanders. It is common knowledge that wandering is a symptom of Alzheimers. Maybe they like them to be confined to their beds.