Cottages of Lake St. Louis - Lake Saint Louis, MO

Cottages of Lake St. Louis - Lake Saint Louis, MO has yet not published prices.

Review of Cottages of Lake St. Louis

We are really pleased. The atmosphere is bright and cheery. The setup is pleasing to the eye and functional. My friend's father was there and it was recommended to me. It is next to being at home. The rooms are large and comfortable. It is very clean and orderly. The food is generally pretty good. The therapy is very good. The nurses are knowledgeable of his medication and they are good. Everything was on time and we were given instructions verbally and paper with what to expect. I had some questions about his medication and they answered them.

Review of Cottages of Lake St. Louis

I have no doubts that my dad is in the right place. It's more a home setting instead of a medical one. They are patient with him and top-notch. The social worker is very nice. The therapist working with my dad does a very good job explaining things. I have not once had a bad experience with any of the nurses. I've even sat down and talked to some of the residents there, and they all seem happy. It's absolutely clean. The food always looks good and smells good. I have had all my answers that I've needed. Everyone is knowledgeable about the situation.

Review of Cottages of Lake St. Louis

So far, everything has been good. Everything seems to be clean. They call my husband and me.

Review of Cottages of Lake St. Louis

The care was pretty good. The therapy was very good. In general, the food was really good. There were a couple of staff that weren't exactly friendly. My loved one said it was kind of noisy.

It has gone well.

Review of Cottages of Lake St. Louis

The employees are very nice and the concept is nice. The food is good, with well-balanced meals. Some of the nursing staff was friendly and attentive. They helped communicate information and followed through on requests. The therapy seemed good, but there was no schedule so that we could observe it. There needs to be an improvement in housekeeping and communication with the family.

Review of Cottages of Lake St. Louis

This was my mom's second time there at the Cottages. The nurses were responsive to requests about my mom. I wasn't satisfied with the type of food they were serving. They could be more careful with the amount of salt they're giving the patients.

Review of Cottages of Lake St. Louis

The treatment is good and the facility is nice. The therapy is good. The nurses are attentive. She seems to be improving and is recovering well. They keep it clean with no issues. The food is not very good and they do not cater to her diet, but they do give food she is willing to eat. There are not many activities.

Review of Cottages of Lake St. Louis

They seem to be doing well with therapy, and they are all polite and pleasant. Overall, it's pretty clean. It seems like they have a pretty good variety of meals. The food is a little bland. I think they are not quite as responsive as they could be.

Review of Cottages of Lake St. Louis

The place is awesome and very nice. I would take him back there. It is kept very clean. The food is very nice. Everybody is very nice for the most part. The nurses are pretty good, but he has to wait a long time to get pain pills. Sometimes the help is too scattered. I have not heard anything and I have been there at least every other day.

Review of Cottages of Lake St. Louis

The facility was great and 80% of the people were awesome. There were social and private areas with gardens and birds. They answered my questions. The nurses were awesome. They were caring, concerned, and considerate. In general, the staff was friendly, but I had difficulty with just one person. In general, the housekeeping was okay. We had problems with the off shift being understaffed. Some of the food was bland.

Review of Cottages of Lake St. Louis

The therapists were fine. The dining and meals were great. The staff was mostly friendly. I had trouble with moving her in. She fell after I told them not to leave her unattended. The toilet was filthy for a few days. I had to ask them questions. Everyone needed to improve on giving me updates.

Review of Cottages of Lake St. Louis

The atmosphere is good. For the most part, it's decent. They've been good on calling me when he falls. It's nicer than other places. They keep it very clean and picked up. He loves the food he can eat and that it's cooked in front of him, but they say they can't tend to his specific diet. They're very nice to the family and then sit there and snap and scream at patients. There is sometimes miscommunication. Finding someone who knows what's going on has been difficult.

Review of Cottages of Lake St. Louis

All of the nurses are friendly. The communication has been good. The daytime staff is excellent, and some of the evening night shift staff are not doing their job. The quality of food depends on who is cooking.

Review of Cottages of Lake St. Louis

The facility itself is beautiful, but the faculty was a concern of mine. My mother would have to go to the bathroom often, and no one would come and get her. My mother was actually sent to the hospital and the facility never notified me.

Review of Cottages of Lake St. Louis

The stay was absolutely great! My loved one was really happy with the therapy services he received. I think the nurses were great and I know that he does, as well. He loved every bit of his stay! The housekeeping was really nice! I would definitely recommend it.

Review of Cottages of Lake St. Louis

I love the nurses. I think they're all wonderful! We've had nothing but a great experience with the employees! I was pleasantly surprised by how clean it is. My dad is eating better than he ever has! That's a lot of dessert, which isn't always a good thing, but he's happy! They always contact me when something is wrong, like when he falls.

Review of Cottages of Lake St. Louis

Any time my mom needs anything, the nurses are right there. They have enough staff to help people and are always mingling with the people and encouraging them to participate. My mom says it's the first time she's had a hot meal in a long time! They present it very nice. They're always letting me know how she's doing and if she's participating with the other people.

Review of Cottages of Lake St. Louis

They took very good care of her and she did okay. She liked it. We learned from her physical therapist. She liked her cook and the meals. The staff was great at communicating. The nurses were very informative and they returned my phone calls. They seemed to come in and were attentive more during the day. They were slower to respond in the evening and night.

It was good!

Review of Cottages of Lake St. Louis

My mom had individualized care. She was well taken care of. The staff-to-resident ratio was really high. I always knew that my mom was safe there. The therapists were very responsive to her needs and helped her gain the strength she needed to come back home. It seemed like you could eat off the floor when I was there. It never smelled like a nursing home. It is the cleanest rehab I've been in. I've never seen such good meals at a nursing home. They cooked in each of the cottages. They had the healthiest food I've seen. It wasn't like hospital food at all. I did have to call the social worker a few times when they could have been more responsive on their end.

Review of Cottages of Lake St. Louis

To me, the nursing care seems just fine. Everything seems to be going well. As a whole, everyone has been very friendly. He likes the meals!

Review of Cottages of Lake St. Louis

So far, it has gone well. The communication has been good so far.

Review of Cottages of Lake St. Louis

It is a clean and nice place. They have good people that work there. They all do well with her. The cleaning is perfect. She does not complain about the food and likes to eat everything. I would live there myself. Anytime I have a question, they are very helpful.

Review of Cottages of Lake St. Louis

The staff were all very friendly, kind and they would go the extra mile to be so helpful and considerate. The nurses were kind and patient. My loved one was not the easiest person to deal with, but they have my utmost respect and full admiration. I appreciate everything they did. We were there so often, it was easy to converse with them several times a week. If there was anything special they would let us know.

Review of Cottages of Lake St. Louis

They provided an extremely high level of care for my loved one. She was at The Cottages several times and we can't say enough good things about it.

Review of Cottages of Lake St. Louis

It went well for my loved one!

Review of Cottages of Lake St. Louis

Overall, my loved one's experience went well. The nursing care was good but sometimes there was not an aide to be seen when we needed one.

Review of Cottages of Lake St. Louis

The staff care and nursing care went well for my loved one, but the communication could improve. I kept trying to find out when the doctor was coming, and they couldn't tell me. The rooms could also be cleaner.

Review of Cottages of Lake St. Louis

We would recommend Cottages to everyone! There are some staff members that are amazing during the day and make me feel comfortable. The nurses do a great job. It's very clean. My loved one loves the shrimp and baked potatoes.

Review of Cottages of Lake St. Louis

I would recommend to a friend.

Review of Cottages of Lake St. Louis

The staff seems very friendly and it's a clean place. They do a good job with the rehab. It seems likes she is happy with it.

Review of Cottages of Lake St. Louis

I have seen the therapy sessions a couple of times and they do quite well.

They are friendly!

It was good!

Review of Cottages of Lake St. Louis

They are always people around and they are personable. They have a central gathering room and someone is always there for the patients. They are over the top and caring. They are very positive. My mother was helping to set the table. They encourage her to help. One of the nurses joked with my mom and sang with my mom. It is very clean. Every time we go there we have talked to the nurses and nurses assistants about how she is doing.

Review of Cottages of Lake St. Louis

I believe one of the staff members was very helpful with my mom. The nurses that were on duty were good, pleasant and helpful. It is always clean. The meals were great! The food always looked good, smelled great and mom really seemed to enjoy whatever she was served.

Review of Cottages of Lake St. Louis

I think they are an extremely friendly, and caring community. It's a pleasant atmosphere. They have a good response time to calls for assistance! They have been following the care properly. They do go above and beyond with certain things, such as, if my mom isn't hungry or feel up to eating, they always offer to make her soup or something later in the evening when she's feeling better.

Review of Cottages of Lake St. Louis

They are very professional and they take good care of my loved one. They are very friendly. They have really good food. Nothing has gone wrong and she is happy when I am there.

Review of Cottages of Lake St. Louis

They have excellent communication!

Review of Cottages of Lake St. Louis

My loved one says the meals are pretty good here. She is enjoying the food here really means something. I have not had any communication yet.

Review of Cottages of Lake St. Louis

They are receptive when you request something but do not anticipate needs. The floors could be cleaned. My loved one does not like the meals they are very institutional. They are very efficient in reporting changes in her medical condition.

Review of Cottages of Lake St. Louis

I am happy with the staff but the food needs improvement at supper time.

Review of Cottages of Lake St. Louis

The care is great and my loved one is happy here. They are friendly and nice. She likes the food. They are the top of the line for the aides. They called me and even the doctors do.

Overall, it was great!

Review of Cottages of Lake St. Louis

They are doing the best they can to help her. They got her to walk a little and it is a roller coaster with different people there. They are friendly. She does not eat much. They made a scrambled egg and that was fine. The nurse practitioner is my communicator and she does well.

Overall, it was good.

Review of Cottages of Lake St. Louis

So far it is been okay. The nursing care is excellent and the meals are great. We like that the meals are homemade and the breakfasts you get to pick what you eat. It is clean and the communication is okay. I ask my husband for information.

Review of Cottages of Lake St. Louis

My mother is more informative than anyone at Cottages. The nurses told us that she wasn't on any medications. We chose Cottages because it was small, odor free, and bright and cheery. Since she got there she has been bed-ridden and no one introduces themselves as they come into the room.

Review of Cottages of Lake St. Louis

My loved one is happy here. The people up there are great. I cannot say anything bad about the nurses and I am satisfied with how they treated my mother. She has done great and they have done marvelous things for her health with the therapy. The nurses are great people. They empty the trash but I have not seen them do much in her room but the rest of it is perfect. The meals look great. I have talked to the nurse a few times and they give me answers.

Review of Cottages of Lake St. Louis

The accommodations are well done. Their transportation service has been helpful. The aides seem to be very good. It seems to be very clean. I think the communication has been good.

Review of Cottages of Lake St. Louis

The overall environment is excellent.

It was great!

Review of Cottages of Lake St. Louis

I thought the people were nice and helpful. They look after my husband very well. Everyone that works here was excellent. The aides were good and getting him clean putting his shirt on and everything. The physical therapists are very kind and helpful. The therapists explain to him what to do and how to do it. The RNs communicate well.

Review of Cottages of Lake St. Louis

My loved one told me she was enjoying her services and they have been helping her with her progress. It looks like she is being very well taken care of. All of the staff members have been very friendly. The meals are good though.

Review of Cottages of Lake St. Louis

It's one of the nicest nursing homes I have ever seen in my life. Everyone is so kind and took care of my dad. We thought it was the best place ever! It was always clean. The meal preparation is done right in front you and they make home cooked meals. There was a lady in the kitchen who was awesome all the time, and she was great with my dad. It was pretty good communication. My only complaint, I asked to be called if my dad refused medication or food, and they didn't.

Review of Cottages of Lake St. Louis

The cleanliness, food, and care are all good. The nurses are great. There were some nurses that kept me updated on my loved one.

Review of Cottages of Lake St. Louis

It's a normal place. It's kind of like sitting around with family. The people that are there, they make everybody laugh. They are very friendly, funny and make you laugh. It just a very comfortable place to be. It's very clean. The food is, for what it is, very good food. Every time I ask questions, they answer them.

Review of Cottages of Lake St. Louis

It's beautiful here! Everybody is just wonderful. Everyone is just wonderful to us! It was very clean and nice. The communication was excellent.

Overall, it was good!

Review of Cottages of Lake St. Louis

My sister says she is getting excellent care with no complaints. The nurses all have been good and everybody has been super nice to me. My loved one says that she eats the same thing every day. I have not gotten any updates. I have asked them how she is doing and they say she is doing great and tremendous.

Review of Cottages of Lake St. Louis

I like the size of the place and individual care. The people are wonderful. I am surprised if I find him in his room and he plays dominoes and likes the huge windows there. I think the aides are very good. I am very happy with everything that has gone on. The nurses are wonderful. They are there when you need them and anxious to help. The meals are fabulous. I told them he is a meat and potatoes guy. One time they served beef chips and mashed potatoes and gravy and they noticed he ate up his plate and made up a plate for him and gave it to him later because he likes it. I thought that was super special. He loves orange juice and watermelon and they keep what we bring in their refrigerator for him. They approach me with how he is doing and what is going on. They even ask me how I am doing.

Review of Cottages of Lake St. Louis

Overall, it was good. We did have a hard time getting my loved ones call light answered and the bathrooms could be cleaner.

Review of Cottages of Lake St. Louis

Generally, it is very clean. There is an awful lot of pasta and mashed potatoes. I would prefer more greens and vegetables with the meals. The communication is pretty good.

Review of Cottages of Lake St. Louis

There was one aide that was friendly and she was willing to do anything for us. Some of the food was really good and some she could not eat. That communication was fine. She had an incident where she slipped out of bed but she was fine.

Review of Cottages of Lake St. Louis

Nothing is coordinated right, and nothing gets done right.

Review of Cottages of Lake St. Louis

I would highly recommend the facility to a friend or family. It is a nice place. The staff has especially done a nice job with my father because he can be a bit grumpy at times- he has definitely tested their patients and I appreciate how they have been with him. So far they are doing a good job with him. It is very clean and the meals are very good. I have visited during the times he has been eating and I can say they smelled and seemed really good. I met with the doctor and a couple of nurses and asked questions.

Review of Cottages of Lake St. Louis

This is the fourth facility we have had to use this year and it is by far the best. We knew as soon as we walked in. Some of the other ones bragged about their experience and it turned out to be a total disaster. Here, it is the opposite. One of the best things about this facility is the food. It is absolutely wonderful. Sometimes I look over at my dad's plate and I get a little jealous, in fact! They are good about feeding him the right portion sizes. I have heard that the nurses are stretched thinly here, but so far, I have not experienced this. He was missing soap in the dispenser, but come on, that happens to me at home! If that is what I have to be picky about, I'd say the experience has been pretty good!

Review of Cottages of Lake St. Louis

My loved one really liked the pork chop and hamburger with noodles. It is a little difficult finding a nurse at night because they will go to different cottages.

Review of Cottages of Lake St. Louis

My loved one seems to be liking the therapy services! The staff is wonderful! They communicate pretty well. There were a couple meals she did not necessarily enjoy.

It was good.

Review of Cottages of Lake St. Louis

The nurses and aides are quick to respond and are very good. The food could be improved. There was a couple of times they didn't vacuum and they didn't get trash but we did bring that to their attention. I like the overall experience.

Review of Cottages of Lake St. Louis

They considered everything and how to take care of the patients in detail. On a few occasions, their schedule got out of sorts or she missed the therapy completely.

Review of Cottages of Lake St. Louis

All of them have really been friendly.

Review of Cottages of Lake St. Louis

The people there are so nice. She compliments them. She's happy about the place. The care is good and they have a good ratio. She says she gets a shower every day, which she really likes. When I talk to my loved one, she raves about the food. She says it is all good. She is always saying they feed her all the time. I have communicating with them a lot. They are calling me back.

Review of Cottages of Lake St. Louis

My loved one has never had this kind of care before, and this place is absolutely unbelievable. The food is wonderful, and that was an excellent surprise.

Review of Cottages of Lake St. Louis

My husband is getting excellent attention and they are giving him really good therapy. He never complains and his room seems clean. He says the food is pretty good. The therapists seem to being doing as much as they can do. The aides are terrific. It's always clean. As soon as they do tests, they give me the results. It's excellent. The one thing I wish they had more of is entertainment. The other thing is that they don't have transportation. I wish they had a way to take them on field trips.

Review of Cottages of Lake St. Louis

I think the therapists are doing great. I know the nurses are doing a great job. We haven't had a trouble with anyone. They are very friendly. It is very clean. There is more than enough food. We are fine with that. They have been excellent about communicating.

Review of Cottages of Lake St. Louis

It has been a good experience.

Review of Cottages of Lake St. Louis

The nurses are pretty doggone good! The cleaning is really good! They serve actually good meals! There are some ups and downs in terms of the friendliness.

Review of Cottages of Lake St. Louis

The people are conscientious and friendly. They seem to care. I have no complaints about the nurses! We have not had any problems with the staff. It's clean. I haven't seen anything that would be questionable. My loved one says the food is really good. So far, the communication is good. They call me when something occurs.

Review of Cottages of Lake St. Louis

They did a great job with him. The staff was very friendly. He really liked the food.

Review of Cottages of Lake St. Louis

She's liking the food. If they don't like what's on the menu, they'll fix them something else. They get patient input on the menu and will change the choices if everyone says they don't like it. Two of the workers are phenomenal. They're cheerful and accommodating. Even with the medication issues that we have, the nurses are nice. There were some issues communicating with the patient around her medications. It's a different nurse every day. I think she should be walking more. They're lackadaisical about her walking. I have to ask the nurses for updates.

Review of Cottages of Lake St. Louis

The therapists are all good. One of the nurses is really good. The communication has been very good. The service varies with the aides. The majority are pretty good. We have had a few problems, but nothing major. We had an issue with medication and them not showering her on the day they were supposed to. She is not really pleased with the food.

Do not go there!

Terrible Terrible....do not go there to recuperate or for skilled nursing care. My sister was there for 8 weeks to recover from hip replacement and didn't receive her bed rails until the last 2 weeks. She was always afraid of falling out of bed and didn't have a rail to help turn herself. Developed very bad bed sores because staff didn't turn her.
Place is lovely, staff nice, but no communication between each other, pills given incorrectly, lpn nurses on staff where not trained for procedures needed, one rn for all cottages.

the physical therapists come in and out on no schedule, so could show up at any time of day, during a nap or lunch or shower. Patient should anticipate therapy time.

Review of Cottages of Lake St. Louis

It was very clean. The food was good. When I was there, they were pretty good at talking with me, but getting back in touch with them was hard. I could not get in touch on the phone with the social worker and email was never answered. There was a lack of communication with everyone in there. There were too many people giving my mom too much information. There was at least once incident when my mom was in the bathroom and a male nurse came in the room and wanted to chat through the door and have her come out and meet the owner and she refused. The staff bothered her. One or two people were not nice.

Review of Cottages of Lake St. Louis

Most of the staff is very friendly. My husband really likes the meals. I only question the meals in terms of following the correct care plan. When he pushes the call light button, it takes a while to get help. You cannot tell them what you want right then because at times they are very busy. They are maybe understaffed. The quality of communication depends on the person you ask. Communication with the doctor could improve. I am concerned about not meeting with him up until this point.

Review of Cottages of Lake St. Louis

This is the best that we have found for a facility. It is new and bright. The people are very nice. The therapy is great. The nurses are okay. Most of the aides are great. The staff is all very friendly. They all have good personalities. It is new and clean. It is furnished nice. They accommodate my loved one's breakfast according to his diet. It is okay. I do have to ask for updates, but he is happy with the contact he has with the doctor.

Review of Cottages of Lake St. Louis

I am very pleased. It has been very good so far. My loved one is getting stronger. The nurses are friendly and knowledgeable. The staff is very good. It is clean. The food is really good. They are very good at communicating with me. The house doctor called me today.

Review of Cottages of Lake St. Louis

My loved one is very happy there with excellent service. I met the owner yesterday and you could not ask for better people. Every one of the eight therapists are great and they have gotten her out of the wheelchair and now she is using a walker. It is spotless. The meals are very good. The director of admissions is very helpful. We had a meeting with all of the therapists and they were all helpful.

Review of Cottages of Lake St. Louis

They are doing everything they said they would be doing. He is getting good care. The therapy is fine. The cleaning is perfect. It is up to par. The meals are adequate and you can get what you want any time around the clock. The nurses and the staff take care of any requests.

Review of Cottages of Lake St. Louis

I like the way they treat my loved one. They are nice and helpful. They give good customer service.

Review of Cottages of Lake St. Louis

It is great. We are very happy. I like the friendliness. They are like relatives, and not like they are working there. They are very attentive. My husband has a smile on his face, and it is more like a home setting. He has a private room and bathroom. They have an open-air kitchen. It is very clean. They are neat and put things back where they belong. They serve great food. You get your breakfast when you want it. The nurses communicate very well.

Review of Cottages of Lake St. Louis

I am pleased with how they've handled things, and the friendliness of 90% of them is good. I am pleased with building itself. It amazes me. It's like having a big home. It doesn't feel like nursing home, and you can ring the doorbell. It is very clean. The food is outstanding! They have really been communicating well. I am quite pleased. When I ask something, nine out of ten times they can answer or find out.

Review of Cottages of Lake St. Louis

It is really impressive with cleanliness. The food is very impressive. The meal variety is good. The selection of beverages is good. The preparations are great. One of the nurses is phenomenal. Most of the staff is great. My loved one once waited 45 minutes for help to the bathroom, and his medication was 25 minutes late. We have worked all of that out now.

Review of Cottages of Lake St. Louis

It is too much food. My loved one likes it! We have no complaints about the meals. The nurses are okay. A few things need ironing out. Notes of when to get pills and such have some issues. She can't go to the bathroom by herself. She requests females, but they can't accommodate. There are males only on shifts at times, so that's surprising. There's stuff on the floor, and we've asked them to clean it, and they haven't. There's food, bugs, and crumbs all over in the room. Some of the staff isn't as friendly. The staff had a crude response and called her intolerant to her face. I have received no input from therapy, and I've asked to hear from them. I have not heard from the on-call doctor, either.

Review of Cottages of Lake St. Louis

It has been good overall. There has just been some miscommunication when my loved one falls.

Review of Cottages of Lake St. Louis

My loved one was pleased with the therapy, and the therapist was really nice. They were thorough explaining his medications. The facility was extremely clean. The food was not good. It is warmed up and not fresh. The filled urinal would not be emptied.

Review of Cottages of Lake St. Louis

The therapists are doing really well and are helpful. The people are helpful and kind. They are very nice to everyone and the patients. It is clean. The communication is very good. The food is good, but some residents say that things are hard to chew. They are doing pretty well, but at night, it takes long to get to my loved one.

Review of Cottages of Lake St. Louis

Several of the caretakers are very good. The people are fine. There is just not enough help and supplies. I spoke to the manager about getting more help. There could be more therapy.

Review of Cottages of Lake St. Louis

The therapists seemed to be really good with my loved one. It was a clean facility. For the most part, they were warm and inviting. Some instructions that were given for her care were not passed on to the others and not followed. Better communication was needed. Some people, if they were having a bad day, transferred it to the people there. The food was kind of bland.

Cottages of Lake St. Louis is Missouri’s first Green House Project community, bringing a proven and innovative approach to short-term rehabilitation and long-term skilled nursing. The Cottages are six ten-person houses in which each Elder has a private bedroom and bathroom. Our nurses and CNAs are dedicated to each home, creating meaningful relationships and consistent care. These caregivers are supported by an interdisciplinary team of social workers, physicians, activity professionals, and dietary staff. The rehab team works with each person at their desired times to meet their individual goals and get great results.