Cottages of Lake St. Louis - Lake Saint Louis, MO

Cottages of Lake St. Louis - Lake Saint Louis, MO has yet not published prices.

Do not go there!

Terrible Terrible....do not go there to recuperate or for skilled nursing care. My sister was there for 8 weeks to recover from hip replacement and didn't receive her bed rails until the last 2 weeks. She was always afraid of falling out of bed and didn't have a rail to help turn herself. Developed very bad bed sores because staff didn't turn her.
Place is lovely, staff nice, but no communication between each other, pills given incorrectly, lpn nurses on staff where not trained for procedures needed, one rn for all cottages.

the physical therapists come in and out on no schedule, so could show up at any time of day, during a nap or lunch or shower. Patient should anticipate therapy time.

Review of Cottages of Lake St. Louis

It was very clean. The food was good. When I was there, they were pretty good at talking with me, but getting back in touch with them was hard. I could not get in touch on the phone with the social worker and email was never answered. There was a lack of communication with everyone in there. There were too many people giving my mom too much information. There was at least once incident when my mom was in the bathroom and a male nurse came in the room and wanted to chat through the door and have her come out and meet the owner and she refused. The staff bothered her. One or two people were not nice.

Review of Cottages of Lake St. Louis

Most of the staff is very friendly. My husband really likes the meals. I only question the meals in terms of following the correct care plan. When he pushes the call light button, it takes a while to get help. You cannot tell them what you want right then because at times they are very busy. They are maybe understaffed. The quality of communication depends on the person you ask. Communication with the doctor could improve. I am concerned about not meeting with him up until this point.

Review of Cottages of Lake St. Louis

This is the best that we have found for a facility. It is new and bright. The people are very nice. The therapy is great. The nurses are okay. Most of the aides are great. The staff is all very friendly. They all have good personalities. It is new and clean. It is furnished nice. They accommodate my loved one's breakfast according to his diet. It is okay. I do have to ask for updates, but he is happy with the contact he has with the doctor.

Review of Cottages of Lake St. Louis

I am very pleased. It has been very good so far. My loved one is getting stronger. The nurses are friendly and knowledgeable. The staff is very good. It is clean. The food is really good. They are very good at communicating with me. The house doctor called me today.

Review of Cottages of Lake St. Louis

My loved one is very happy there with excellent service. I met the owner yesterday and you could not ask for better people. Every one of the eight therapists are great and they have gotten her out of the wheelchair and now she is using a walker. It is spotless. The meals are very good. The director of admissions is very helpful. We had a meeting with all of the therapists and they were all helpful.

Review of Cottages of Lake St. Louis

They are doing everything they said they would be doing. He is getting good care. The therapy is fine. The cleaning is perfect. It is up to par. The meals are adequate and you can get what you want any time around the clock. The nurses and the staff take care of any requests.

Review of Cottages of Lake St. Louis

I like the way they treat my loved one. They are nice and helpful. They give good customer service.

Review of Cottages of Lake St. Louis

It is great. We are very happy. I like the friendliness. They are like relatives, and not like they are working there. They are very attentive. My husband has a smile on his face, and it is more like a home setting. He has a private room and bathroom. They have an open-air kitchen. It is very clean. They are neat and put things back where they belong. They serve great food. You get your breakfast when you want it. The nurses communicate very well.

Review of Cottages of Lake St. Louis

I am pleased with how they've handled things, and the friendliness of 90% of them is good. I am pleased with building itself. It amazes me. It's like having a big home. It doesn't feel like nursing home, and you can ring the doorbell. It is very clean. The food is outstanding! They have really been communicating well. I am quite pleased. When I ask something, nine out of ten times they can answer or find out.

Review of Cottages of Lake St. Louis

It is really impressive with cleanliness. The food is very impressive. The meal variety is good. The selection of beverages is good. The preparations are great. One of the nurses is phenomenal. Most of the staff is great. My loved one once waited 45 minutes for help to the bathroom, and his medication was 25 minutes late. We have worked all of that out now.

Review of Cottages of Lake St. Louis

It is too much food. My loved one likes it! We have no complaints about the meals. The nurses are okay. A few things need ironing out. Notes of when to get pills and such have some issues. She can't go to the bathroom by herself. She requests females, but they can't accommodate. There are males only on shifts at times, so that's surprising. There's stuff on the floor, and we've asked them to clean it, and they haven't. There's food, bugs, and crumbs all over in the room. Some of the staff isn't as friendly. The staff had a crude response and called her intolerant to her face. I have received no input from therapy, and I've asked to hear from them. I have not heard from the on-call doctor, either.

Review of Cottages of Lake St. Louis

It has been good overall. There has just been some miscommunication when my loved one falls.

Review of Cottages of Lake St. Louis

My loved one was pleased with the therapy, and the therapist was really nice. They were thorough explaining his medications. The facility was extremely clean. The food was not good. It is warmed up and not fresh. The filled urinal would not be emptied.

Review of Cottages of Lake St. Louis

The therapists are doing really well and are helpful. The people are helpful and kind. They are very nice to everyone and the patients. It is clean. The communication is very good. The food is good, but some residents say that things are hard to chew. They are doing pretty well, but at night, it takes long to get to my loved one.

Review of Cottages of Lake St. Louis

Several of the caretakers are very good. The people are fine. There is just not enough help and supplies. I spoke to the manager about getting more help. There could be more therapy.

Review of Cottages of Lake St. Louis

The therapists seemed to be really good with my loved one. It was a clean facility. For the most part, they were warm and inviting. Some instructions that were given for her care were not passed on to the others and not followed. Better communication was needed. Some people, if they were having a bad day, transferred it to the people there. The food was kind of bland.

Cottages of Lake St. Louis is Missouri’s first Green House Project community, bringing a proven and innovative approach to short-term rehabilitation and long-term skilled nursing. The Cottages are six ten-person houses in which each Elder has a private bedroom and bathroom. Our nurses and CNAs are dedicated to each home, creating meaningful relationships and consistent care. These caregivers are supported by an interdisciplinary team of social workers, physicians, activity professionals, and dietary staff. The rehab team works with each person at their desired times to meet their individual goals and get great results.