Barnes-Jewish Extended Care - Clayton, MO

Stay away!!!

I’m a patient here now and can’t wait
to leave. The majority of the nursing/care staff is rude and defensive and many are incompetent to the point that even with an injury
I don’t bother to ask for things like help walking to the bathroom,
My meds get delivered haphazardly
and occasionally I’ve been handed
the wrong dosage. Or I don’t get the right medicine at all.
Stay away! Bad news.
PS: the food is atrocious. Badly prepared and inbalanced nutritionally. All carbs and limp over cooked vegetables. Yuck!
F-

great overall

The place was great--many people worked to help me get better. One girl brought me treats to help my appetite and staff was nice and friendly. Had a little trouble and my medicine needed changing and they were quick to get this done.

kind and capable

helped my family member get stronger after a bad illness. staff was kind and capable. we were able to go home and had a good experience .

The worst rehab facility

The staff is not nice or friendly and are not attentive to the patients. They are rude, disinterested and lazy. This is a disgrace that BJC has put their name on this facility. The staff was more interested in talking to each other than helping the patients

great nurses

Had a great experience and got better--good nurses and therapists. Got what we needed to get home and had a good experience overall.

If you have choices, do not choose here

My father spent time here while going through treatment for brain cancer. It was a nightmare experience. If you have another choice, take it. Missing personal items, neglect, wrong medication, the list goes on. The only positive is therapy - they were wonderful and made good progress which helped when I removed my father after the second medicine mishap and third overlooked infection.

Not very good care of residents

While our loved on was here we still basically had to manage all the care and make sure everything was getting down. We had to hire care givers to come in and care for our loved one because the in house staff was not doing a good job. Their doctors are very good and they provide very good therapy like physical therapy and occupational therapy. The normal care is what they need to fix. I would not recommend this community.

Barnes-Jewish Extended Care
When you're choosing an extended care facility for a loved one -- whether for rehabilitation or to join our community -- your top priority is to find a facility that offers high quality care, cleanliness and a warm, experienced staff. Barnes-Jewish Extended Care is just the place you've been looking for.

Barnes-Jewish Extended Care is part of the Barnes-Jewish continuum of top ranked, compassionate care. It is a 120-bed skilled nursing facility, located at 401 Corporate Park Drive in Clayton, Missouri. Tucked away in a quite respite of Clayton, Barnes-Jewish Extended Care offers peace of mind knowing your loved one is well cared for in a safe, secure and pleasant environment.

Organized as a hospital-based facility, Barnes-Jewish Extended Care is under the direction of Barnes-Jewish Hospital medical staff with full support of laboratory and rehabilitation departments. Services range from minimal assistance to subacute post-hospital recovery. Our patients range from the young to the elderly, as well as post-trauma rehabilitation patients and those in need of hospice or respite care.