St. Augustine Manor - Peoria, IL

I Really Like This Community

I'am very pleased with my move to this community. Everything is working out very well. I really like this community. Everyone has been very kind, and welcoming. The staff is very kind, and helpful. They do a good job with keeping everything very clean, and well maintained. This is a community I would recommend, it is a really nice place.

My new home

This is an amazing old buildings. The managers and staff are friendly and willing to provide assistance as needed. The residents are outgoing, friendly and caring. There are activities, a beauty shop, laundry. Once week there is a trip to Wal-Mart and you can submit your grocery list if you don't want to go out yourself. There is a chapel with daily Mass for those who care to attend.
I have been here two months and am pleased to call St. Aaugustine Manor home.

He is very happy there.

He is very happy there. The food is excellent. They do a good job of keeping the place clean. I haven't met that many of the staff, but the ones I have met have been friendly.

exceptional

They have done an exceptional job at making my brother feel welcome. The process of getting him moved in and settled was very easy. They made it a very smooth transition and have been and continue to be very accommodating for him.

Good place for your family member

My family member has not moved in yet, but after visiting 3 times and finding everything clean and well-cared for, I believe he will be very happy there. The studio apartment is very small and may not be suitable for some, but it is adequate if you don't try to take too many possessions with you.

Visited on 5/29/14 by mysel...

Visited on 5/29/14 by myself. Met with Jeri, the manager, and Kathy, a 20-year volunteer, and met the lady who does housekeeping. Extremely, extremely nice staff. That would be VERY important to Mom. Very clean and well maintained building for being such a grand old building. I have some concerns about the neighborhood / location. The building is on a steep hill and Mom may be uncomfortable driving there especially when pulling away from the stop signs on the hill. She goes out of her way to avoid such manuevers. Also, while locating the entrance I had to go around the building. I was in a neighborhood that is not the best. I know Mom would be uncomfortable if she got lost or turned around. The A/C was not on in the building even though it was in the mid-80's. The individual rooms have window A/C units but it was warm everywhere else. Mom is always cold so this may not be an issue. The apartments had several large windows. That is a major plus for Mom. She has mentioned to me in other tours when she found a lack of windows or if the room seemed gloomy. There were 3 open rooms that may work for Mom. #325: 532 sq. ft., $1320 rent. #349: 565 sq. ft., $1446 rent. #336: 900 sq. ft., $2045 rent. Most have step-in showers, small refrigerators and interesting floor plans. I really loved the windows. Meals are extra and prepared fresh on-site. 2 meals $400/mo. Garage: $50/mo. Telephone and cable are extra. There is an elevator - big plus for Mom. There is a Catholic chapel in the Manor. Mom is Catholic and may want to join in. This is a plus. Every resident we passed said Hello. There is a nice room for grocery items and she can ask for specific itme too without mark-up. Overall I liked this place and I think Mom would be comfortable there. I will want her to come for a visit and have a meal. Thank you Jim.