Riverview Senior Living Community - East Peoria, IL

Great Food Nice Staff

We looked at several places before deciding on Riverview for my Grandma. Riverview was the best fit for her needs. The food is great with so many choices available. We frequently join her for dinner in their restaurant. All of the staff are very nice and welcoming. It is reassuring that grandma is in a safe place.

Great community caring staff

We have looked at many communities for my grandpa. When we visited Riverview we knew immediately that this was the right place for us. Before we moved in they invited us to stay for a meal. Not only was the food good, but there were so many choices available. We talked to several residents while we were there and they all said how happy they were. Their assisted living floor has wonderful staff. They have gone out of their way to welcome my grandpa and I feel comfortable that he is safe and cared for when I leave. It is very reassuring that there is a nurse there 24 hours a day.

Riverview Senior Living

For seniors with some senility issues, the documentation process is overwhelming and wasn't explained in advance to us ... took about an hour which caused my parent to become very overwhelmed, angry, and frustrated. The actual place is very pretty with well kept common areas. While the rooms are cleaned, refurbished before a new occupant moves in, the actual living quarters are out of date (kitchen cabinets are well used and need replaced ... at least in the unit my parent got). The on-site caregivers are wonderful (outside agencies). My parent is adjusting well and likes the facility. Some of the social activities people need to understand that seniors are not as quick to comprehend, can be hard of hearing and may need extra time to participate in the activity. The person who currently runs the Bingo activity goes way to fast for seniors! The maintenance people are quick to address issues.

Wonderful!

They've been wonderful. The cleanliness is good and they do clean her room once a week. She seems to be satisfied with that. We've been up there and her apartment is always clean. She said she's treated like a queen. She’s is in an independent apartment. So they clean her room once a week and take her laundry and do that. She has two chains that she can pull for help if she needs it. She has her kitty with her. She gets three meals a day and she goes down to where they serve them restaurant style. They have a menu with several choices and she says the food is wonderful.

There are lots and lots of activities. She's gone to a few. They are associated with the Kroger store that's not too far from them. That pharmacy will deliver to her door. They have a transportation service. If she doesn’t have a way to get to her doctor they will take her. Some of her doctors are 15 – 20 miles away and it’s not a problem. As far as cost and what they had to offer Riverview is great! It's a very good fit.

Welcomes with Open Arms

We chose Riverview because their staff is just wonderful. The entire staff really goes above and beyond to help, accommodate and solve any problems that arise. Riverview is such a compassionate community, when there was a flood in the local community and people were forced from their homes, Riverview opened their doors to everyone that was affected and offered them a place to live. My parents were looking for a community during this time and due to the flood, Riverview’s' only two bedroom apartment available was the model they use to show everyone, they rented the model to my parents and now have no model to show. The fact that Riverview was willing to make it happen and sacrifice so much really is a difference maker when choosing a community. When I was looking at communities and calling around Mercedes at Riverview was the right person with the right answers at the right time. I called in panic and she just made it so much easier and really put my mind at ease. I promise the staff at Riverview could not be talked up enough about for what they do. My parents have stretched the staff and really have tested them and each time the staff rises to the challenge and really over comes the obstacles. The fact that Riverview offered to help everyone in need in the surrounding community really says a lot about Riverview their passion to help others when in need is just unheard of.

Riverview, located on 55 acres with beautiful scenery and landscaping, is a comprehensive healthcare center that specializes in skilled nursing care, rehabilitation services, and retirement living at its best. Tenants and patients enjoy a variety of social, recreational, and cultural activities and have the benefit of beauty and barber shop services on site. Our lounges and outdoor walking paths offer attractive visiting areas for entertaining family and friends. Riverview is just minutes away from shopping, recreational, and medical facilities.

Our loving group of caring people greets each newcomer as a special guest. They are invited to enjoy our exciting range of social get-togethers and welcome to take part in our many activities, or to simply relax in private, according to their preference. Riverview Senior Living Community has proudly served East Peoria and the surrounding area for more than 25 years. Our parent company, HCR-ManorCare, is a trusted leader in healthcare services backed by extraordinary patient outcomes. This distinguished management structure assures our sound financial base, offering stability and quality.

You'll enjoy the best in independent living at Riverview. Riverview tenants have the option of stylish studios, one or two-bedroom apartments, or two-bedroom suites. All accommodations feature fully equipped kitchens, one or two full baths, plush wall-to-wall carpeting, 24-hour maintenance and security, and individual climate controls. Riverview tenants enjoy gracious homelike accommodations without the worry of household maintenance, repairs, or lawn care.

Our special amenities include: Delicious and nutritious meals served 3 times daily, Notions store/Cafe, Beauty salon and barber shop, Library, Private dining room for special parties, Weekly housekeeping and linen service, Laundry facilities, Emergency call system, Personal banking access, Transportation services, Reserved parking, and Storage lockers.