it was one of the very few places that will take medicaid.

We toured here when we were looking for options. We liked it, and it was one of the very few places that will take medicaid. Though they were more expensive than another place we found. It's also a four story building, and you have to use elevators to get everywhere, and that would have been a challenge for us.

Good Review

It was a good place for my mom. Overall experience is good loving staff and a good clean community. They kind of take you in like its your home.

we toured the courtyard est...

we toured the courtyard estate of Peoria this morning with my mother my sister and my husband and we have decided that both my mother [removed] and his mother [removed] will next month they will be moving there

Courtyard Estates/ Assisted Living Building

This facility is a good fit for what we needed; centrally located, lovely building, and nurses that pass the meds (which is a rare find in assisted living)! The price is high but it is all inclusive and Supportive Living for the State of Illinois. The Lobby is lovely complete with grand piano and working fireplace. The architecture is stunning from the lobby railing and chandelier to the stained glass windows! The staff is very nice. Personal care concerns seem to be mostly related to communication.
Constructive criticism: I would like to see more of a Move-In orientation/information, rules, contact information for personnel. Would like to see more activities. The exercise class is on the TV screen and poorly attended. Would like to see more crafts and especially Music Events and entertainment. The cable TV channel line-up is limited and does not include some of the favorites for seniors. The food is improving but they really need a new recipe for sausage gravy! :) I would like to see Care Planning meetings with the family/guardian/resident and the nursing staff. In terms of value; . . they have Deluxe One Bedrooms for a higher price, and regular One bed room apartments. And studio apartments. I would like to see the price go down on the smaller studios. Small studios seem to be all that is left, and not all bathrooms are the same. The pricing structure is two tiered for each size of apartment depending on the level of care the resident needs. Overall, we are very satisfied.

Really Great Place

It's a really, really great place. Unfortunately I think I need to move my parents becuase they need skilled care instead of assisted living. As far as the care they're getting, the food plan, and the apartment, it seems like a good value. The care services are good. They distribute all the meds which is good. My father ended up in the hospital with congestive heart failure. They saw him several times a day but he did not volunteer that he was having trouble breathing or any pains so I can't blame them for that because he was not forthcoming about his condition. I don't blame them for my dad going to the hospital.

My parents aren't taking advantage of the activities but I know they have exercise classes 3x a week, a movie night once or twice a week and a library area.

The staff is very friendly and helpful and the meals are good. The only complaint I've heard is that they serve them too much.

Friendly and Helpful Staff

We chose Courtyard Estates for the proximity to my mother-in-law's son and family and also because of the friendliness of the people. We were impressed with the staff - they were very helpful.

My mother-in-law says the food is great. The communtiy is close to a pharmacy so for those who are capable, they can walk less than a block to Walgreens. It's also close to bus routes.

They do not have locks on the doors a...

They do not have locks on the doors and she did not mention "memory secure". I have also heard about staffing issues since they are new.

Visit us at www.courtyardestates.net A retirement community to call home. Courtyard Estates provides all the comforts of home as well as health maintenance, state-of-the-art security and a full range of care services. The community offers maintenance and worry-free living that allows you to focus on family, companions, leisure and activities. Our supportive services make Courtyard Estates a perfect choice for your home, both now and throughout the future.

At Courtyard Estates of Peoria, our goal is to provide professional, compassionate services for older adults while promoting independent living, which allows our residents to maintain or improve their current lifestyle.

Courtyard Estates offers unique lifestyle choices, which allow each resident to maintain privacy, autonomy and security. Our certified staff is professionally trained and educated in providing the highest quality services, which promote a safe, loving and healthy environment. Our health care provisions allow for a wide range of services within a competitively priced, monthly rate. We are committed to providing an independent or assisted lifestyle of quality and value defined by you.

How will Courtyard Estates make life more enjoyable?

Supportive living communities provide alternative housing opportunities, appropriate for many seniors who choose not to live alone. In this setting residents can take advantage of a full range of services and amenities that will make life easy going and carefree. Retirement is not about paying taxes, mowing the lawn, shoveling snow, home maintenance or preparing meals. At Courtyard Estates of Peoria we take care of these worries and encourage a happy, healthy, social environment.

Personal Care The friendly and loving staff of Courtyard Estates of Peoria will always be there with a helping hand, a warm smile and an extra effort to make you feel happy and secure. Plus, with our year round security and maintenance staff you always know your ho