Morningside of Washington - Washington, IL

Very nice assisted living facility

This place is an assisted living facility and it’s very nice. We visited on a Sunday for a few reasons: I wanted to see if I’d be able to get in or if the residents could get out, I wanted to see what activities would be available for them or if there were people just sitting around. It was very quiet and there were several people sitting around. I didn’t see anyone that worked there, but it is assisted living so they can just come and go and do whatever they want. My dad had been there for a birthday party for a gentleman that turned 100 and they did a flag folding for him with the American Legion because he wanted to be able to see it while he was alive. They have birthday parties once a month for those who have birthdays during that time, as well. Overall, it was a nice place but we chose a different community.

Administrative Team goes above and beyond!!!

The administrative staff of Morningside Washington, IL goes above and beyond to ensure needs are met for your loved ones. Scott went above and beyond to assist moving my parents from their apt in morton to the assisted living and then after mom passed he and his team promptly moved my dad to a unit that better fit his needs. I would highly recommend for those who could benefit from having meals and housekeeping needs met. I wish I would have thought of this much sooner as mom would have loved this years ago! The management team is committed to helping you stay in the home and out of dreaded nursing homes.

Very nice place!

We used this place for a brief respite stay for our loved one, and I thought they did an excellent job! Everything went very smoothly, and from what I saw the people here were friendly and caring. When it came time for a permanent placement for our loved one they were also very high on our list!

settling in well

Mom and dad are settling in well at The Grand Victorian of Washington. Mom is on a no red meat diet and they seem to be accommodating that well. They have hired new aids and mom would like more stability in only having two or three aids. The director is wonderful. My sister is able to approach Margo the health person with any concerns. Sometimes my sister has to do some things that the aids should be doing. Overall it has been a good experience.

The Best Place for your Parent

When I moved mom in January 2015 to this wonderful facility it was The Grand Victorian. Now they just changed to Morningside and so far my feelings are the same. We looked at a couple and this one just felt homey and the staff was so friendly and the place was very very clean and didn't smell. As soon as we walked in both of us felt as if we found moms new home. The day she moved in the residents were all welcoming her and the staff. It is like a posh hotel on a beautiful island somewhere! Being an only child it was so comforting to know I found my mom a safe place that was exactly right for her. I live 500 miles away and if I have questions or something arises with mom the personnel contact me immediately and they are always there when I need them too. I hope they have openings for anyone reading this and trying to decide where to go - this one is very special.

They were excellent to work with.

We unfortunately didn't get a lot of time here. We moved in furniture and that's about it. They were excellent to work with. They were very good about working with us on the billing and the contract since my loved one didn't make it long enough to even get moved in. They were very friendly, and caring though.

The Grand Victorian of Washington

My mother in law has been living at The Grand Victorian of Washington for almost one year. We are very pleased with the care she had received. The staff is very competent and often communicates any new issues or needs. I have been very impressed with the compassion and kindness of the staff. They have gone above and beyond to make her feel loved, welcome, and safe.
The building is very well maintained.
It's is always clean. The entrances have key pad security and the courtyard is fully fenced and the gates are locked.
The location is also advantageous for our family.
We are so delighted to know that she enjoys living there and feels safe and secure!
We highly recommend The a Grand Victorian of Washington.

Loving, high quality community

By the 3rd day Mom (95) with moderate dementia who was extremely frightened and overwhelmed the first day after living in a tiny 2 bed nursing home room for 3 months, was saying, " I feel really comfortable here." All the staff (including administrators) is actively involved in keeping her safe, giving her respect and love, and getting her involved in the community. She is wheelchair bound and unable to do anything for herself, and I have felt the greatest relief knowing that she is not sitting and staring at the 4 walls all day. I really feel that the Lord led me to this place.
In the first week, at least half the time, I have had to go searching for her when I visit because she is at an activity.
The CNA staff is completely willing to do things the way I want them done for her, and put my requests into her care plan so each shift knows what to do. Grand Victorian is on a mission to love and respect the aging, and make their last days filled with light and friendship.

After more than a decade of solid experience as a residential community, The Grand Victorian is recognized as a leader in state-of-the-art senior services. Guided by dedicated staff and management, such a level of competence places The Grand Victorian at the forefront of quality care for older adults who require assisted living services or who are blessed with a level of health that allows independent living. Over the years, residents and their families have come to hold high expectations of The Grand Victorian and we delight in exceeding them. Our bottom line is the total satisfaction of our residents and their kin. Our knowledge, experience and unparalleled dedication are your assurance that needs will be met and superlative care will be rendered

The design and architecture of our two-story Victorian mansion are indicative of the premium we place on attention to detail, convenience, and spaciousness. Our studio and one-bedroom apartments include 10-foot ceilings, large floor areas, private baths, kitchenettes, individually controlled air-conditioning and heating, an emergency call system, smoke detection, sprinkler systems, and fire-resistant construction. All apartment styles include wall-to-wall carpeting, window treatments and decorative lights. Residents may bring their personal furnishings as well.

Residents find an easy and comfortable lifestyle at The Grand Victorian, underscored by the absence of long hallways. The warm, friendly atmosphere is accentuated by sitting areas strategically located near groups of apartments providing residents with convenient settings for relaxing with neighbors. Just a short stroll from these well appointed social areas, our elegant dining room beckons for three sumptuously prepared meals served restaurant-style every day.

The elegant lifestyle at The Grand Victorian is also free of care. Our capable staff handles all the chores of daily life. We also assist with day-to-day personal activities*, medication management*, housekeeping and laundry service* and, with the exception of personal telephone and television, all utilities are included.