Solstice Senior Living at Normandy Park - Normandy Park, WA

Solstice Senior Living at Normandy Park - Normandy Park, WA has yet not published prices.

My tour

I liked this community when I visited. This community does allow pets and seems to offer some nice activities. The one thing I did not like is it felt a little dark inside.

Food Is Horrible

My husband loves it here and I hate it. The food is horrible it is not prepared well. The quality is poor there is no taste to it and it is overcooked. We live in the basement apartment and it is extremely small for what we are paying for. There isn't enough closet space the carpets are too thick which makes it hard to walk. The staff is friendly enough but doesn't go out of the way to help you. The housekeeping is horrible they don't dust or vacuum and when they do they don't move any sort of furniture. The only thing that I like is the walk in a tub it's very convenient for me. The location of the property is poor we are near the airport so it's very noisy. They don't deliver food to your room for free there is a charge of $5.00 and they serve it in take out containers and by the time I get it it's cold.

Holiday Retirement

Hello, my name is Katie, I work for Holiday, and I'd like to thank you very much for reaching out and sharing these comments with us. We are so happy to hear your husband enjoys it here, and that you find our staff to be friendly. I'm sorry to hear, however, your thoughts on our food and that you yourself are not enjoying it here. I'd like the opportunity to discuss the concerns you raise, and work on a plan that would make your stay with us more enjoyable and to your liking. We love having you here, and want to see you thrive! Please, give our Resident Relations team a call anytime at [removed], or email at [removed]. We really look forward to hearing from you soon -- thank you so much! --Katie

A good experience

The staff are helpful and accommodating. The food is pretty decent. This community does have an older resident population. They offer plenty of activities, however I wish they offered more outings. I like the size of my apartment and this community is in a good location for me.

A home for a good friend

I like see my friend doing so good at this community. He is pleased with the vairety of meals that are offered. The community is outstanding and clean. He is always busy with the activites as much as possible. I happy to see that he has good care for the value. I give this commuinty a high recommendation for the care and value

Wonderful Community

Everything about this community is fantastic. They are in the process of remodeling the outside and pretty soon the inside as well. I am very happy with my decision to move into this complex. The food is very nutritious and delicious. In would defiantly recommend this place to anyone.

Showing major signs of wear and tear. The room sizes are great but overall it wasn't a good fit for us. Last issue is that it is actually a independent living facility with pull cords to notify the staff if someone falls. They also do not take medicaid should your relative run out of money, they would have to be relocated to a medicaid licensed facility for care. Not truly a long term option.

Holiday Retirement

Hello, thank you so much for reaching out and sharing this feedback with us. We are so happy to hear you thought are rooms were nice, but are concerned to hear you are worried about some of the recent changes we've been making to help improve the safety of our resident and shorten the response time by trained medical professionals in the event of an emergency. We would really appreciate the opportunity to speak with you, and show you these changes are truly designed with the safety and well-being of our residents top of mind. Please, give our Resident Relations team a call anytime at [removed], or write us at [removed], we really hope to hear from you, and wish you all the best in the meantime! Thank you so much once again for reaching out, and providing us the opportunity to address these concerns -- we appreciate it, and you!

Dad is really enjoying them.

Fernwood at the Park has been good so far. Dad is really enjoying them. I would rate them pretty highly, and give them eight out of ten. It's working out well so far.

Fernwood is a nice enough p...

Fernwood is a nice enough place and has all the great amenities of the Holiday model. It's nice and quiet, so if you prefer a quieter place this would be good. I didn't like the setting it's in - on a very busy street and no park or nice place to walk nearby. There is a community pool across the street which is a plus.

I look forward to when I retire so I ...

I look forward to when I retire so I can go live at Fernwood. You get to live like a King or Queen. You get three amazing meals a day. The dinning room is quiet, comfortable and very clean. The meals are served by polite young people like your eating at a 5 star restaurant. The rooms are clean, roomy and quiet. You get your own outside place and if you want a different view you can choose from many other seating areas outside. There is activities daily at the Park or away. Always ways to get to your appointments or shopping. The people are extremely friendly and helpful. I never need to worry about my mother-in-law because I know she is happy and taken care of. This place is one of the best around and fair priced.

Fernwood at the Park

My first experience was a phone call from the manager, Larry Foster. He invited me and my parents down, and said whether or not they were a fit for his facility, he would like to remain a source for my use in finding a place for mom and dad. The rest is history. We are most impressed with the care taken to assure my parents are at meals and blending into the activities provided. As yet, my parents are still in the intro phase and not taking advantage of the many activities, but I know in time they will. This has been shared with me by other residents children. They are able to maintain a feel of independent living while assisted care is available. A win for us all!

This was awesome. You get a very warm...

This was awesome. You get a very warm, homey feeling and the staff is excellent.

Visited and loved it, but it has no k...

Visited and loved it, but it has no kitchen to speak of.

Does not offer an Income Qualified Pr...

Does not offer an Income Qualified Program.

Solstice Senior Living provides a fulfilling, independent lifestyle in a welcoming environment.

With breathtaking views of Puget Sound at every vista, you’ll fall in love with the elegant grace of Fernwood at the Park. We’re conveniently located in the heart of Washington, giving you access to countless destinations.

Our all-inclusive month-to-month rent covers:
- Three delicious and nutritious chef-prepared meals from scratch
- A variety of enriching activities
- Weekly housekeeping and linen service
- Transportation
- Most utilities

Friends in 300 places
Solstice Senior Living offers our residents a one-of-a-kind travel program that invites you to stay up to seven nights per visit at most of our more than 300 independent living communities across the United States and Canada, where you’ll enjoy a comfortable guest room, all your meals, shuttle service, and participation in all programs and activities, at no additional expense.

Built with your comfort and safety in mind
Our easy-to-maneuver floor plans are ideal for seniors and all apartments have emergency pull cords. Our 24/7 dedicated live-in managers provide an additional level of comfort. We understand that each individual is unique and that needs may change over time. Solstice Senior Living does not provide any health care services. Residents are welcome to use outside home health care options that may enable them to continue enjoying life at our community.