Looking for a place with option to increase care levels and vibrant community. Didn't see this as a option for us here.

Holiday Marketing

Hi there, thank you for providing us with feedback of your recent tour to Bridge Park. We strive to provide a community that will help older independent people live better. While we do not directly provide increased levels of care, we can recommend companies who assist residents in our community with additional care. If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to reach out. Thanks again!

The facility, the staff, and the people I had lunch there (hand-picked for lucidity) were very nice, the food (salmon) for lunch was exceptionally good, but no water nearby and so many older and disabled elderly depressed me. The activities there seemed designed for old folks also... crafts... watching movies together, etc.
I liked that you could stay at their other facilities nationwide if you were on travel. It is just that I am in perfect health at the moment, and would like to stay very active...

A Very Big Community

We were looking for a community that was small with a good atmosphere. On the tour we saw a very big community. It seemed much larger and we were not interested in the size of the facility.

Better Care

I moved into this community from an independent apartment because I felt that I would have more protection. But, we were only given a device to wear in case of emergency. They have no one on site nighttime. The meals are not the daily gourmet meals promised and are in great part junk food. Consequently I had to buy my own kitchen appliances to prepare healthy and substantial meals. So-called activities are low level brain games such as tug of war and bingo. They have no intellectually stimulating activities so I have had to create my own activities for myself and others. I would not recommend this community and will be leaving very soon. Most residents feel trapped having been persuaded into committing to a rental Rate Lock clause. Management policies and menus are the same in the Holiday Touch 300 nationwide locations so complaining to the local management is pointless.

Holiday Retirement

Hello, my name is Katie, I work for Holiday, and I'd like to thank you very much for reaching out to share these comments and reflections with us. We want to make Bridge Park the best possible place to work for our employees, and can not do that with your open and honest feedback. I'd like you to know I am taking these comments and will share them with the appropriate parties; but please, if you have additional feedback, we would really like to hear from you. Thank you so much once again for reaching out and sharing this with us. We hope you have a wonderful rest of your day. --Katie

A good place

The staff have been friendly and helpful. They are taking good care of my friend. They offer good food and they change the menu options often. The community is beautiful. This community is a good value and I would recommend it.

A great choice!!

My loved one really likes the Bridge Park! We are very happy with A Place For Mom and happy they were able to help us into this community. When he first arrived, they had someone show him around. They do a fine job there. The food is good, I have eaten there a few times and they have good choices. The apartment he is in is comfortable and we are happy with how things are going.

The staff was so helpful; it made the transition more easy.

This is a nice community!!

The director was good and answered my questions. The community was clean and the rest of the staff were very nice. The main reason I did not choose this community is due to the cost.

good retirement living

My sister moved into Bridge Park senior retirement living only 2 weeks ago but we have both been impressed with the helpfulness of all the staff, the cleanliness of the facility, the studio apartment size, the ease of moving.
I find the food good, my sister enjoys it. the main meal is at lunch which I think is good.

The exterior of the building is beautiful but the interior is showing major signs of wear and tear. I visit a unit that was ready for a new occupant and one of the doors had a huge gouge in it that went through to the door core. The room sizes are great but overall it wasn't a good fit for us.

I don't know about a place for mom but this is a great place for dad

Bridge Park is the perfect place for Dad. Since he's moved in he's making friends and really appreciates the opportunity to socialize with his new neighbors. He enjoys playing scrabble with other residents and can even attend church services on site . Any time I go to visit, he makes sure we go down to the dining room a half hour early to engage in conversation with the other residents. The food is good and I've even heard of residents concerned about gaining weight since they moved in. The staff is caring, attentive and personable. if you are considering moving loved ones to Bridge Park, I'd definitely encourage you to go talk with Nathan, take a tour and share a meal with some of the residents. A great place that I highly recommend.

West Seattle Bridge Park

Our dad will be moving in soon. Staff was friendly and helpful. Facility is good value. Only negative is that residents can smoke in their rooms which is pretty unpleasant as you pass by in the hall.

Nate was extremely welcoming and helpful. Before I left he gave me a lot of information on things to consider during this search and made himself very available for any future questions.

The place seems nice and seems clean and the food is bland but pretty good, but my father really doesn't like it. Also the cost is at the very edge of what he can afford.

Holiday Retirement

Hi, I'm Katie, I work at Holiday Retirement Home Office. I'm so sorry to hear that your father isn't enjoying his time at Bridge Park. Is there anything we can do to improve his experience? If so, please don't hesitate to give a call to our resident relations team at [removed]. We're all ears! - Katie

overwhelmed with the kindness

My brother is currently staying at Bridge Park. At first he was very resistant to the idea, but he was overwhelmed with the kindness that all the residents showed him. He had never been at a place where people were all so friendly and helpful. The meals were very appetizing for the most part, though my brother has complained about them a couple of times (though I am not sure I can fully trust his judgment).

I like Bridge Park. I have asked Nate to contact me again next Fall. Meanwhile he is keeping in touch with me. My daughter doesn't like the neighborhood.

The Good & the BAD

Family member has been a resident for 3 years. Fabulous facility. Great rooms, lots of storage. Dining rooms & common areas are spacious & comfortable. Most rooms have nice outdoor areas & the facility has a nice inner courtyard. Parking is generous for both residents & visitors. Good access to shopping & services.
Now for the downside: Inadequate laundry facilities, they look nice but very limited hours for residents use. But the worst problem is the food. Very uneven quality & service. They can put out good restaurant quality food & then the next meal is totally unacceptable. This week they served potatoes that were burned on the edges & raw in the middle (just an example). Totally unacceptable!! Soups may be good or look like dishwater. I just don't understand why their service can't be more even. Residents are a close knit group that look out for each other. I certainly hope they can improve their food service! Other problem is extremely high turnover for staff which is very distressing to the residents. Hard to develop relationships that seniors value. I can't count the managers that they have had in 3 years ( I would guess 12).

Holiday Retirement

Hi, I'm Katie, I work at Holiday Home Office in Oregon. First, thank you for your sincere feedback. Providing three chef-prepared meals is part of the Holiday lifestyle, so if those meals are not up to par, we definitely want to know more so we can improve our product. Please feel free to call our Resident Relations line at [removed] to discuss details.

Love this place! Nice, comm...

Love this place! Nice, community feeling, easy access to home medical care, staff and residents are very friendly with each other (Nate knows every resident by name), lovely park with community center and bee garden just across the street, spacious apartments, most with a deck or patio, pet-friendly. Nice schedule of activities, transportation to most areas in south Seattle and around the downtown core. Affordable options. I can see Mom being happy here!

Independent living

It’s an independent living place, but there is an emergency call button in each room and they come right away when called. I recommend it highly for anyone who is ready to move and ready to live in an independent living community. It takes some adapting - any move takes some adapting.

Not What I Signed Up For!

I moved out of there almost as quickly as I got in. The management was just a joke. there was so much bureaucracy and politics that I felt like I'd moved in with a dysfunctional family. They basically set me up and lied to me. The minute I got there I got sick and I was sick almost the whole time I was there. The food was horrible. I didn't like the fact that they say they at age 55 and yet most of their people are in there are in their 80s.

It's too bad because the facility itself is just beautiful. Maybe I was premature in thinking that a retirement facility was right for me. I was surrounded by people with all walkers, people with bibs and falling asleep with their food. I thought wait a minute, this is not what I signed up for!

They didn't tell me that I was going to be dealing with people with Alzheimer's. I thought I was moving into a fairly active retirement community. It's really more of some kind of care facility. I'm so glad I'm out of there.

Helpful Staff, Great Activities

So far they've been excellent. My mother-in-law requires a little more care than independent living so having Homewell on site has been really useful. She loves the food and the staff has been really helpful. There is still a chance she will need assisted living in the future.

Compared to a lot of other things they're quite affordable but they're still not cheap. For the activities, they're always doing cool stuff. They have poetry readings, outings, luaus! We've been really pleased.

Bridge Park is on the short list for ...

Bridge Park is on the short list for my Mom and Stepdad. We really like the facility and what it has to offer. Our only reservation is that there are no financial options if they have to go on Medicaid in the future and would then need to move.

Situated on charmingly landscaped grounds in a peaceful corner of southwestern Seattle, you’ll love the coziness of our facilities while enjoying the convenience of the nearby city. We’re just minutes from shopping, healthcare, dining and all the excitement of the metropolitan center.
Our all-inclusive month-to-month rent covers:
- Three delicious and nutritious chef-prepared meals from scratch
- A variety of enriching activities
- Weekly housekeeping and linen service
- Transportation
- Most utilities

Friends in 300 places

Built with your comfort and safety in mind