Solera At West Houston - Houston, TX

Solera At West Houston - Houston, TX has yet not published prices.

Uncaring, dishonest beautiful place! Keep looking!

Please don't be fooled by the looks! Solera is not where you want your loved one! The administrative staff is horrible! They are [Removed] and uncaring! The Corporate office is not available they don't care about anything but the money! Unfortunately most people don't stay long enough to make this place accountable! They either are discharged or [Removed]. So the facility gets by with [Removed]. They can't keep good employees! They over work the ones they have. They do just enough to keep the state happy. Keep looking! My Grandmother died a horrible painful death [Removed]

This place sucks.

The food is terrible and looks horrible. The residents must be in the dining room by 4:30 but the food comes out at 5:30 or later and is cold. I wish I could post a photo of the food served here. It is disgusting!

No! Don't go there!! Worry, u won't be Happy!

No, No, No! If you love your family member, do not send them to Solera. The staff is unprofessional & Unconcerned & uninformed. Communication is practically non-existent. My son has been there for rehab. He had to call 911 for an ambulance, to go to the hospital, due to extremely high sugar & blood pressure. He fell off bed twice (due to being incoherent due to high sugar) & waited lengthy periods, after calling for help, before anyone came to his aid. He is blind & has one leg. They are discharging him without the proper equipment needed to function at home. I have spoken to the administrator. However, he just made excuses for their slackness of performance. The corporate office does not provide a telephone number to access them. Either they do not care or do not want to hear about the issues, or both. They need to be investigated & monitored & maybe shut down, if they do not bring their level of care up to par. Sorry, Solera! The truth is the truth!

Excellent facility!

I was in for rehab for a total hip replacement for 3 weeks. This place was excellent!?the therapists got me really strong and I can walk without a cane after 3 weeks. All the nurses and aids are really nice. Just like anywhere else there is a smaller amount of staff on nights and weekends and it may take a little longer to get assistance during those times but they always paid attention to my needs.

OUR EXPERIENCE WAS GREAT

My mother admitted to Solera about 2 months ago. At the beginning, everything started off slow, maybe because it was the weekend. On Monday, my mother looked like a totally different person. She had her hair fixed, showered and started therapy. I can not Thank the entire team for such GREAT care. My mom is back to her normal self, after we were told at the hospital she probably would not live another month. Thank you Solera and the entire Team for such Great care again.

Horrible care

My grandmother was only there a week and the level of care was horrible. She is oxygen dependent with a history of congestive heart failure. She had been telling the night nurses (when they would actually come, usually 30-45 minutes after ringing the bell!!) that she couldn't breathe. [removed] The service and care for patients here is very poor! My grandmother also has a catheter and the nurse left the cap off causing urine to be dumping onto the carpet in her room. We will not be sending her back.

My family was so disappointed in the care at Solera which turned out to be very negligent. Our loved one was in and out of the ER several times, scared to be alone, and always wet. The high turnover in help was never familiar with each patience needs.

The weekend crew was extremly lazy as they would sit down talk and laugh and avoid helping the senior residents while they were crying out for help. The response was at their leisure.

On the surface Solera looks like a nice place. When living on the inside it was a nightmare. Our loved one is much happier now at a new facility and is treated much better and well cared for.

If you are trying to decide whether or not to put your loved one in here... DONT!! You will be sorry if you do.

Nightmare

Horrible, I hated leaving in the evenings to leave my dad there by himself. It was a nightmare for us. Their care quality and the ineptness of their caregivers were just awful. It came very highly recommended and it is a new place but it was terrible for us, he was in and out of the ER constantly because they weren't paying attention. They wouldn't give meds in a timely manor, and for my dad, he has certain meds that have to be taken at certain times of the day or you can REALLY tell. For the money that you pay, you expect them to take care of your parent!!!

Good Skilled Nursing

It was brand new when we went there for rehab. They had good skilled nursing but it was very expensive. They do take Medicare insurance, but not Medicaid.

No What It Appears

This looks like a clean facility. They take better care of the floors than the patients. Very difficult to get them to change a patients diaper. Many times my relative has laid in poop or urine for hours. When asked for someone to come change her, I'm told someone will be right there...but no one comes. They are too busy talking on their cell phones. hiding in vacant rooms or taking a break.

It's Not What It Seems

This looks like a very clean and well taked care of facility. Too bad they take care of the floors and walls better than they take care of their patients. My relative needed a diaper for a season. There were many days that he laid in a puddle of urine and feces for hours without being changed. I consistently had to repeatedly ask for someone to help me. I was told, "there was no one right now. They were all busy". Yet I walked around and saw the care takers sitting around talking on their cell phones, on break, hiding in vacant rooms etc. I had to stay until 8PM lots of nights to be sure we had a clean diaper for the night. Very disappointing.

Not What Meets the EYE

Solera West is a new clean looking facility on the outside, but the clenliness and care for the patients leaves much to be desired. The place smells and looks clean because they spray everyday. Many days I found my relative soaking wet and lying on wet sheets. They are suppposed to check and change them every few hours, but how can someone be that wet if they really do change them. I don't believe that they do. They have a call button for the patients to use, but many times it is 'hidden' where the patient can't call. When you do call it takes 20 min and sometimes 45 minutes before they come to see what is wrong. They charge a first class rate but in my opinion you do not get what you pay for.

The Eyes Are Deceiving

This place looks new and clean, but inside there is much to be disapponted about the care my relative receives. Some of the staff finds busy work to do so they don't have to take care of the patients. Many times the patients are not cleaned up often enough or soon enough. I have found my relative laying on urine soaked sheets or soaking wet diaper many times. Oh, they spray everyday to cover up the urine and feces smell.

They have a nurses call button, but they "hide" it where the patient has a hard time finding it. When you do call they take a long time coming to see about why you are calling and usually turn the light off and leave with out fixing the problem. The excuse..... I gotta go get some supplies. But they don't come back for 30 minutes or longer. One shift leaves work for the next shift instead of doing the work themselves when it needs to be completed.

They are friendly but tell you one what you want to hear. The office staff is arrogant when you confront them with an issue. My relative is afraid to complain because of what might happen when they are alone in the facility.

I had high hopes that the Solera staff would help my relative recover...they have not met my expectations. They demand top dollar to stay there but don't provide the first class care in my opinion.

Solera at West Houston is a state-of-the-art transitional care center uniquely presented in a luxury, resort-style residential setting. Our interdisciplinary clinical staff is focused on working with you and your physician to carry out your personalized inpatient rehabilitative, complex or chronic care plan. Whether your stay with us is brief or long-term, our goal is to make you feel right at home as you recover full independence at a pace most comfortable to you.