Silverado Kingwood - Kingwood, TX

Amazing Staff!!

My loved one has recently moved into this community and I have to say that I am very pleased with how things are going for him. The staff make sure to take excellent care of him and are very professional in there work. I am pleased to see my grandmother have a peace of mind with him being there and I would recommend this place to anyone.

Silverado Representative

Hello! Thank you for recognizing the amazing care our staff provide. We are glad to hear that your loved one is thriving at Silverado. Our around-the-clock nursing team, masters prepared social workers and experienced leadership team further add to the peace of mind our families value. We look forward to continue being a trusted resource for you and your family. Thanks again!

Mom was in Good Hands!!!

My mom was well cared for by the staff and caregivers. The place is well located off the highway. They found activities to do for her level. They provided her with finger foods so she could feed herself, and if she couldn't feed herself they would help her eat. The staff went above and beyond to accommodate and work with my mom who could at times be very difficult to work with. The interaction between the staff and my family was outstanding. They were great at communicating with my son who stood in for me while I was out of the country. That is saying something about the community that I felt comfortable enough to be able to leave her care in their hands. They were also very accommodating to my son's family and his children, there was even a play area for visiting children. They provided adult beverages for visiting families, it was very comfortable to visit. My son had nothing but positive things to say about Silverado Kingwood.

Silverado Representative

Feedback like this truly motivates our associates to continue to change the way the world cares for those with memory impairments. Our inspiration comes from seeing how our efforts have helped those we serve. Hearing from residents' families inspires us to reach new heights of accomplishment. Thank you again for sharing your experience.

Great Memory Care

I was familiar with Silverado from prior meetings. I toured several of their facilities and I think they are absolutely top notch. The memory care they offer was not needed but they would be our first choice when that time comes.

Silverado Representative

Thank you for taking the time to tour our Kingwood community. At Silverado, we pride ourselves in being industry leaders and providing individualized memory care that is just as focused on mind and spirit as it is on body. Thank you again for sharing your comments and we look forward to being a trusted resource and care partner for you and your family!

Mom in Law Receiving the Care She Needs

My mother in law was in need of a community, that was able to provide that level of care she needs. I do feel found that in this community. She is doing very well, and we are pleased with all they have done for us. She is safe, and receiving great care. Everything is working out well for us in this community.

Silverado Representative

We love hearing from Silverado family members. Feedback like this truly motivates us to change the way the world cares for those with memory impairments, and to enrich the lives of those affected by dementia.

Dishonest management

Entered Silverado Feb 2009 and care was excellent because people were up and walking with no meds but sudden change in 2012. Management went to the dogs and residents were getting sick and put on Hospice for extra care I believe to supplement income because everyone was leaving. Frequently only 2 or 3 employees would show up for work. [Removed] was new administrator in 2012 was a huge mistake. She was a horrible administrator. The help left and she made false reports to police to run residents families off for reporting the facility to DADS and APS. The doctor would lie to the families and the administrator would lie about the families also. Don't put your love one there

A father's care

I like the care of this community. They need to work on getting cable and they could use some improvements on the meals. The community is clean and taken care of. They do offer activites to the residents who want to participate. We would recommendthe care of this community to other familes.

Silverado Representative

Creating a safe, lively environment where residents can thrive is Silverado's top priority, and we welcome feedback so that we can continue to improve upon the world-class environment for which we are known. We hope to continue to be a trusted resource for you and your family in the future.

They are doing a fantastic job

They are doing a fantastic job at Silverado Kingwood. The staff are doing a great job. I do believe dad has an infection right now though and I cannot get anyone to figure that out for me. Other than that all is going well at this facility.

Silverado Representative

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. We look forward to being a resource for you and you family in the future.

good overall

They have done very well in terms of communication, keeping me informed of how dad is doing and what all is going on.

They have not cut his hair as often as they are supposed to, and they have lost his glasses a couple of times as well. So there are a couple of areas in the care department that can be improved, but overall they are good.

Silverado Representative

Thank you for your comments. We are happy that you and your father had a good experience at Silverado. We take all feedback seriously and are always available to personally address any concerns. Creating a safe, lively environment where residents can thrive is our top priority.

Mixed experience

My loved one was here for a brief respite stay, and our experience was somewhat mixed. The facility itself was a nice looking place, and all of the staff were very friendly, professional, and hardworking. While I was away they were very good about keeping in touch and updating me on her status.
However, there were a few issues we noticed that could have been improved. The mattress that was on her bed was a bit worn in and broken down, and I noticed that her sheets had some obvious damage (a cigarette burn). I also noticed the same burned sheets on her bed when I returned from my trip, so I don't know that they were changed while I was gone. My loved one also attempted to attend the religious service that they offered on Sunday, however it had apparently been cancelled without any notification, which certainly could have been handled better.
Overall it seemed like a nice place with hardworking staff, but there were quite a few little things that added up to it not being as pleasant as it could have been.

Silverado Representative

Thank you for taking the time to leave feedback. With 18 years of memory care expertise, we take pride in being a leader in memory care. As you noted, all of our associates are fully committed to providing life-enriching care to our residents. We are always looking for ways to improve and appreciate your feedback. We are currently in the process of changing out our older mattresses and sheets and are continually replacing any damaged goods. Please always feel free to reach out to us directly to discuss this further.

Catherine +/ Megan+duck hun...

Catherine +/ Megan+duck hunter, 2 wings 12 rooms courtyard, fishing club, wood working shop, $5970. accept $200/day no out of pocket. excited to have dog trainer.

Silverado Representative

Thank you taking the time to tour our community and share your comments.

Okay community

The parking was a little limited. The staff was very nice. It was decently clean. We were happy with the activities that were offered. The food was okay. My loved one wasn’t in this community very long, but it was okay.

Silverado Representative

We are happy to hear that you had a positive experience! Our dementia specific engagement plans are customized for each resident's personal preference so we are able to offer activities that are interesting to each resident. We hope to be a resource for you and your family in the future.

It's been wonderful from what I've seen. It's a pleasant place to be.

It's been wonderful from what I've seen. The lady who evaluated him, said that when he got there and got up and, he was not the same man. He went on picnic less than a week after he got there, he went out to breakfast. One of the reasons is that we chose them is they didn't want him in his room all the time and they try to get him involved. He's walking a little on his own now, it's been less than a week!! They have a culinary staff and their own RN's and LPN's, on staff!! They have someone that coordinates the outings and activities. They have a housecleaning staff so they have different people that do the different jobs. They have a mascot dog, and if you had pets you could bring them in. It's a pleasant place to be.

Silverado Representative

Thank you for taking the time to share your Silverado story. At Silverado, we have dementia specific engagement plans with age appropriate activities. We are happy that your loved one enjoys many of the resident outings and is able to walk on his own now! Feedback like this truly motivates us to continue changing the way people with memory loss are cared for and to enrich the lives of Silverado residents and family members.

This was my first choice, if we could afford it.

They are very expensive. The residents had more freedom so they could go in and out if they wanted to. They had different levels of Alzheimers, so there were others who could relate to him. They had a lot of family coming in here. It was a very family oriented environment. It was my first choice, if we could afford it.

Silverado Representative

Thank you for your comment. We are happy that you enjoyed your tour of the community. At Silverado, our around-the-clock nursing team, masters prepared social workers and experienced leadership team provide a exceptional, industry-leading care that is truly valued by family members.

Compassionate and Attentive

The people are very compassionate and attentive. I don't think you can find a better place. I think the cost, initially, took me by surprise but it's all relative. Some of these place give you a room and board price and then add on for everything else so it probably comes out in the wash.

They keep the place active with varied activities that stimulate the senses. They keep the doors open and there is activity going on all the time and that's important for stimulation.

Silverado Representative

Virginia, thank you for your comment. Our associates are passionate about providing unmatched service and exceptional care to those we serve. Feedback like this motivates us to continue to enrich lives!

Friendly staff and clean environment....

Friendly staff and clean environment. Liked the two "wings." Like that they will have dinner for my parents if they want to eat together.

Silverado Representative

Thank you for sharing your feedback! We are happy that you had a great experience. As always, we encourage family members to join in on activities or grab a quick complimentary dinner with their loved ones at any time.

The skilled, compassionate memory care professionals at Silverado are dedicated to providing residents with the dignity and care they deserve while they enjoy the community’s warm atmosphere. Comfortable surroundings and engagement activities designed with the needs of memory-impaired individuals in mind help ensure the goal of enriching the lives of both residents and their families.