Atria Kingwood - Kingwood, TX

They didn't seem to do a good job of assessing my mother. About 3 weeks after her arrival, they stated they couldn't deliver the level of care she needed. It then took more than 3 months to refund the money.
That being said, I can't say enough good things about the daily caregivers on both shifts, and weekends, and including the pharmacy techs, and [Name removed]. They showed so much compassion, gentleness, and empathy to my mom.
I feel mom wasn't there long enough to accurately rate them Maybe 3?4?

Great place !!!!

First off my dad did not want to move from his residence but had to because of falling all the time. My mom is on the Life Guidence side of the facility in which she likes. They really have them some fun with [Removed].Dad has settled in but still wants to go home but he really likes it there cause he like to eat breakfast in his room. He likes his assigned seat at meals cause he has some things in common with the fellows he eats with. The facility it self is really beautiful and is kept up really good. The only draw back is I think they should have a weekend maintenance man. The director of sales is really a nice person who knows her product and presents it really well. We had looked at other facilities in the area but the Atria Kingwood was the best. Very friendly staff and will greet you and best of all you by name. I would recommend the Atria Kingwood to anyone who is looking for a place for their loved ones. You would really like it cause of the facility and the great staff that is there and pricing is really reasonable and it is easy to find. Thank all of you guys there. You are GREAT!!

The views from the rooms where not that great. The feel was more hotel than residence.

Recommend Going On A Tour

Mom seems to be doing fine here. She has settled in and has adjusted as well as she can. She is doing activities that she can. The staff is been really good here very friendly and caring and very helpful when needed. The community is always clean and well maintained. I would recommend anyone to stop by and take a tour of the community.

Best Assisted Living in Kingwood

Atria Kingwood is one of my favorite assisted living facilities in the area. Their staff is very friendly and engaged with the residents. They know every resident's name, family and life story. They are very good at keeping everyone active and social. The food is excellent, as well! I recommend this place to anyone looking for a social and active setting for seniors like no other.

Not for people with memory loss!!

My grandfather recently was living at this community and I have to say things did not go as planned. He ended up having to leave because they could not provide the care he needed with his memory loss. They also assigned a personal caregiver to him that my grandmother was not aware of and was billed for. It was hard enough moving him here and then to find out I had to move him again was very hard on him.

Kate Vance

Thank you for taking a moment to reach out. I’m sorry to hear that the community wasn’t a good fit for your father’s needs. If you’d like to tell me more, please feel free to reach out to me directly at [removed].

Saitsifeid with This Community

My mother is doing pretty well since her move to this community. This is a nice community, and so far everything working out well. She is doing well, and I do feel she is in good hands. They have a good staff. They do a good job with the cleanliness around the community. I'am satisfied with all they have done for us. I would recommend this community to my family, and friends.

Was Not the Right Fit for Us, but Lovely Community Overall

Unfortunately my mother in law was not able to make the move into this community, due to her medical issues. However we were very excited for her to move to this community, but we did find another community that suited our needs better. Overall this is a lovely community, the staff is kind, and friendly. It wasn't the right for us, but it is a really nice facility.

A great community for care

We toured this community. We toured this very nice community. The staff was nice and able to answer the questions. The menu was nice and the activities would have been good for my father. The community was nice and we like the atmosphere of the other residents. We would recommend this community for the care and value to other families.

WE like what we saw and what they offered. A neigbor spoke highly of this facility which was the reason we wanted a tour. We agreed that this is what we were looking for my wife. I believe she will be happy living here.

No better choice.

Friendly, there to help, with SMILE.
Care givers help brighten the mood for new residents.
First impression-- --CLEAN.
Everyone considerate of resident needs.
Thank you all.

Although the Atria was clean, I would not consider It safe because they only have one elevator and it would be impossible to evacuate all residents on the second floor in case of an emergency. My mother in law is confined to a wheelchair.

Kate Vance

Atria Kingwood, like all Atria communities, have detailed response plans in cases of emergencies that account for evacuating all residents and staff in a safe and efficient manner. I invite you to reach out the Atria Kingwood Executive Director to learn more about their specific plans to ease any and all of your concerns.

The big bucks!

This place was very nice. The staff were excellent and they were very kind and helpful. They assisted us with any questions that we had. The only thing that we did not like was the price it was just way to expensive.

Mother loves it!

My mother is really enjoying herself at the Atria Kingwood. She kind of turned into the star there, she plays piano and the other residents crowd around and join in by singing. She is very into joining in the activities, every time I call her she is doing something from bingo, to exercise, to dominos. I have no complaints, we are very happy with our choice.

My tour

This seemed like a clean community when I visited. I did not get a warm and fuzzy feeling from this community. They did not have an one bedroom available at the time of our tour. The people I met during the tour were knowledgeable.

Too Expensive, But Tour Went Well

I was very impressed with my tour of this community. Everything looked great. You could tell they do a good job with the cleanliness of the facility. It was too expensive for my budget, but my tour went well.

Very nice facility... clean, inviting, friendly staff ... a warm feeling... no offensive smells.... liked being offered all inclusive fee and limited add ons..... only concerns 1... they would not file on insurance.. they would supply the forms (?), they required a month and community fee up front... even though insurance will cover 100% of fee for life time.... and that it is not a forever home for loved one.. he would have to be relocated if he was unable to feed himself or completely bed ridden....

My mother in law is doing very well here. She has informed me that the community is clean and always taken care of, She has stated that the food does need a little improvement. She is now getting in involved with the activities with the other residents. We would highly recommend this community to other families for good care and value for a loved one.

The Right Place We Needed

My husband is doing okay and he likes the community. He is active as can be and gets to socialize more than usual and gets along with everybody. The staff get him from the secured area and take him to activities with music and much more. All the staff have been very helpful. He has been gaining weight from the meals they serve. It is a nice and clean place and I choose them because they have a secured memory care and I got a deal with an immediate move-in. It has worked out well for us.

A small personable community!

They serve food between 4:30 and 6:00. If you go down after 5:00 they seem to always be out of food. The food is not good. The caregivers that work with my mom are very good. They know her by name and are personable. I am not happy with the administrative staff. They have a reasonable amount of activities, however I think they could do a little more. They do have nice music activities.

Kate Vance

Thank you for being a part of the Atria family and for reaching out. I appreciate your feedback and would like to learn more about activities you'd be interested in and how we can meet your dining preferences. If you'd like to tell me more, you can email me at [removed].

Great Facility!!

I have no complaints about my tour of this community, they offer lots of great amenities for there residents and they keep this facility well maintained. All of the residents seem to be happy and enjoying the company of each other as well as participating in the various activities they offer.

Needs Updating!!

Atria Kingwood was very clean and neat. It would be nice if they did a little updating to the building. It looks like the walls need a re-touch on the painting. It was a nice little set up and this is good it makes it feel like home. I would recommend a tour of the community it had nice staff and wonderful residents.

The staff are helpful at Atria!!!

I believe there is a small issue of some of my loved ones clothes missing and I will be looking into this with the director. The community seems to appear clean. I have not tried the food, however he seems to like it. I am not sure if they followed through and are getting him involved in the variety of activities offered. I would recommend this community for people that are a little more independent.

Kate Vance

Thank you for the feedback – I'm glad to know your loved one is enjoying our dining options! But it also seems you have a few concerns, which I would be happy to discuss in more detail and share with community leadership. If you'd like to talk more, feel free to email me at [removed]. I hope you'll stop by to join us for a meal!

Mixed experience, but a decent place overall

Our experience with Atria Kingwood has been somewhat mixed. It's a nice looking place, but the service can be a little hit or miss. It has been a good solution for our family, but I'd still advise others to double check and be sure it will be a good fit for your loved one.

Kate Vance

Thanks for being a part of the Atria family, and for this insight into your experience. If you'd like to share more with us, please send me an email at [removed].

We love it. The people are really nice to her.

We love it. The people are really nice to her. The food is good, they take really good care of her. If she needs anything they are right there. She is making friends, and they come and get her and take her to participate in activities, which I am so happy about. They are very accommodating. When I was looking around at different places, I liked how homey it was, a lot of the places were beautiful, but felt more like a hotel.

Review of Atria Kingwood - Kingwood, TX

By far the best place ever and the one we chose. This was our 1st last stop. The staff and Director were fantastic and it met all our needs for our loved one and options were great and why we chose it. A must visit if you are needing an assisted living place for a loved one.

The right place for my mother.

My mother is doing really well at Atria Kingwood. We definitely found the right place for her. The thing that made us select Atria was the friendliness of the staff and the size of the community. They offer the right services and the people are always very nice. My mother is happy with the food and my husband has gone and eaten with her and he says it is good as well. They do a lot of activities, she stays busy, which is good.

Mom was really apprehensive about making this change and after being at Atria for a while she decided to stay. I truly owe it to the staff for making Mom feel so comfortable and really just welcoming her. Since being at Atria she's participated in poker, dominoes, and bunko which she loves and even exercises on a daily. As a community they go on trips and really enjoy each other's company. The staff is amazing and as long as Mom's happy I'm happy.

Looking for assisted living for my mother: Atria is a very nice assisted living facility. They have 49 rooms, so they are not HUGE. Everyone I met on staff seemed very cheerful. When the director took me on a tour, she was speaking to residents by name, and they all seemed to know her. One thing I really like about Atria is their activity schedule. They have 6-7 activities scheduled 7 days per week. They also take residents out on "field trips", like going to the library, out to a restaurant for lunch, or even just a "sight seeing" trip where they don't get out of the vehicle. This would be awesome for someone who can still get around fairly well. My only "con" is that there aren't many places to go for a private visit (other than the resident's bedroom); but all in all, I like this place a lot.

personable and caring facility

Atria Kingwood is a very personable and caring facility. It looks at taking care of the residents as a primary objective. The staff has really gone above and beyond our needs here. We had some extenuating circumstances and they helped us every step of the way.

I really liked the smaller environment they had

I toured here while I was looking for options. I really liked the smaller environment they had, and liked the people there. It is a better fit for my mom and we will likely place her there if the time comes.

Great

Just 3 words.
I LOVED IT!!

The Truth about Atria at Kingwood

Atria at Kingwood is the last place I would put another one of my loved ones if I hated them. The prices are way to high and you get little to nothing. Id rather put my grandmother and a motel and pay the housekeeping lady a little something to bring her food and wash her clothes. They only have one maintenance man and one housekeeper that work from 9am to 5pm off on the weekends and holidays, that's not efficient enough to maintain a building with 500 units. That's why every time I went to visit my grandmother her room and bathroom were so nasty. My grandmothers toilet was stopped up one weekend and she had to use the bathroom down the hall until that Monday morning. Don't let the nice little tours fool you.

Kate Vance

Your comments are concerning to us and we would like to speak with you personally to gain a better understanding of your grandmother’s situation. Please reach out to us directly via [removed] and kindly include “Atria Kingwood” in your subject line so we may quickly connect you with the right people to help. We hope to hear from you soon.

good experience

They could be better about giving information to new residents to help them get acclimated to the place and the process. I suggest having some sort of welcome packet that explains the basics of what residents and their families need to know going in.

Other than that it has been a really good experience. They have given my mom excellent care.

Kate Vance

We feel strongly about making sure our new residents feel welcome and supported during their transition which is where our wonderful resident ambassadors come in! If you feel you need more assistance than is currently offered to you, please reach out to your Resident Services Director and she will help coordinate a plan to help. Please feel
free also to reach out via [email protected][removed], including “Atria Kingwood” in your subject line, if you would like to discuss your experience further. We are here to help.

Lacey-good. 44 apts one win...

Lacey-good. 44 apts one wing asst. one memory. grassy area front and back. yes dogs. men's club. installing pool table. $2895-$3175 studio+ long term employees. Chef good food. exercise 2x, outings 1X lunch 1x. 1/2 stories horse shoe shape. 30 M 70 F

assisted living , Alzheimer...

assisted living , Alzheimers no

Looked Good

It was a big, big open place and my dad said it looked like a hospital to him. They were very nice and it looked like it would have been a good place for him but I couldn't get him past his first impression.

LaDawn K.

We appreciate your feedback, and I apologize for any negative impression your dad may have developed while visiting our community. We strive to make sure that all visitors and residents experience a warm and welcoming setting at all times. I encourage your family to stop by again soon and chat with some of our residents to hear first-hand what they like most about our community. We are happy to answer any questions you may have. You can always contact us at [removed], and be sure to include the Atria community name in your subject line.

"Social Assisted Living"

My father wanted to move closer to me in Kingwood so we chose Atria and I kept asking them if they wanted to an assessment and they would say that they'll do it when he gets here. Well when he got here they said his level of care was something that they just didn't do - so then I had to find a place! They said they're more of a "social assisted living" so they're assisted but not to the level that my dad needed.

Really liked. Very homey. Nice Room...

Really liked. Very homey. Nice Rooms, liked the set up of rooms. Decor was nice. Employees were all very friendly. Didn't see many residents though. Need to go back for lunch. Was a multi level facility.

Looked at Memory Care unit when I was...

Looked at Memory Care unit when I was looking for Assisted Living for Mom. Was clean, bright and secure. I only looked at one private room there. It was a small room but would be adequate. Staff was friendly.

Nestled among trees in a secluded setting, you’ll find comfort and relaxation at Atria Kingwood. Our beautiful community features a well-stocked library, lighted gazebo and outdoor gardening area. Just 15 miles north of Houston, Atria Kingwood received a 2007 Platinum Award from the National Assisted Living Nurses Association.