I would not recommend them.

I would not recommend them. The concept is fantastic, but it's not really what you would hope it would be. It was clean but it seemed more like a job to do, than really caring for the people.

Review of Silver Memories Alzheimer's / Memory Care in Omaha, NE

Both of these facilities are staffed with friendly and helpful individuals and residents seem comfortable in a home setting. Living quarters seem somewhat small as rooms are shared. The facility on Morrison would be better for my Mom because it has an outdoor patio and nicely landscaped back yard that she would enjoy. Also, the other facility on Maple has a lovely dog that unfortunately, I had an allergic reaction to after visiting.

Placing loved one at silver memories a mistake

We subsequently had to move our grandfather due to staffing upheavals and inactivity. He would sit in his recliner all day and they would just bring him a scrambled egg to eat. Nothing else. He didn't get along with his roommate so they decided to move him to another room which was barely big enough for his things but then they said eventually he would get a roommate in that room.. That was the last straw. He paid good money to live there and should not have been treated like that. I would not place any loved one at silver memories ever!

Pet Friendly but Not for Us

The people were very nice but the place stunk! There was an overpowering smell of ammonia or Clorox. They have a large, friendly dog dog that runs around. Might be nice for some people but my mom doesn't like pets. The people were way farther gone than my mom. It seemed like they were all "glazed over." The owner is the former judge of Omaha.

I wanted to leave as soon a...

I wanted to leave as soon as I entered the door. This was very dingy, and in need of repair/paint. The staff was not very professional looking.

Silver Memories is a memory care home that provides a place for dementia care residents to live while receiving personalized care. If you or someone close to you has been diagnosed with dementia, we want to do all that we can to provide a comfortable and caring environment that offers support. The personalized services that we provide utilize a 1:2 staff to resident ratio as we believe someone should be available to tend to your loved one's needs at all times. We understand how frustrating it can be to deal with dementia and its side effects, which is why our services are comprehensive and our living arrangements are comfortable.We want all our residents to feel as if they're living in their own home. We have a large variety of geriatric medical services available on site, all of them designed to keep our residents healthy.