Serenity Senior Living - Pflugerville, TX

• Specializing in Alzheimer
  • Recreational & Social Activities

Highly recommend. They gave me peace of mind that my mother was being cared for.

Serenity Senior Living is terrific. They helped our family through an extremely difficult time by acting quickly, accommodating our mother's needs and providing a family like setting so that she could live out her remaining days peacefully. I wish I could have cared for her full time, but it felt so good to see the level of care the staff provided to her. I knew she was in the right place. Highly recommend Serenity!

Jared Addis

Thanks so much, Micheal. Taking care of Mrs. Cathy was an honor.

Look elsewhere

A Place for Mom referred this to me as one of several possibilities. I'm sorry to say I made an unwise choice in selecting Serenity. After a few weeks, I was shocked to learned that staff were not giving my mom her regular medications. No wonder she seemed depressed and said she wanted to die. Later, someone in the facility stole her wedding ring while she was immobile in her bed. The owners made no attempt to interview staff or seek to determine how the ring was taken. They also declaimed any responsibility for its loss. They never called me, my mom's POA, to apologize. A former employee advised me later that many of the hires had criminal records. I could not verify that; however, several staff workers were fired during my mom's short stay. My mom lasted just under two months and then died. It appears to me the owners' focus is more on their bottom line than on their residents, even though a senior home should be more than a business to its owners. There were other problems, but space does not permit me to elaborate. If you love your parent, find a different home for them.

Highly recommend Serenity. Their caring staff brought us peace at a difficult time.

SO WONDERFUL!

Serenity Senior Living and A Place for Mom have literally been a Godsend for our family. Serenity has welcomed my mother into their home style care with grace and ease and welcome. They are organized and communicative and kind. We feel so grateful to have found them and been able to offer my mom a place where she can feel like she has a home away from home versus a cold facility.

Wonderful Home

Serenity was the answer to our prayers. I couldn't have asked for a better place for mom. The staff were so competent and caring. I will forever be grateful to them for their level of care.

I have been really impressed with the openness and the availability of the staff that work there. Whenever we need to call them, if we have any concerns, if we have any questions, all the staff are extremely available and willing to talk. That is a big thing. It just feels like a home there, instead of a "facility". They make you feel very comfortable when you are there. Everyone is very friendly. I feel that my mom is well suited for a smaller place, so this is right up her alley.

A Perfect fit for our Mom and our whole family!

We looked at two other group homes in the area and
were somewhat disappointed. Serenity Senior Living was
our last tour of the day. It was like a breath of fresh air! We were very impressed with
the staff and the homelike atmosphere. The owner,
Chris, was extremely kind and helpful, taking as much time with us as we needed. We got on the waiting list and moved
our Mom in several weeks later and have been very happy with the care given to her, the cleanliness of the home, and the friendly welcoming atmosphere. We feel like everyone there is family now and enjoy our visits whenever we go. Serenity is a perfect fit for our Mom and our whole family!

Love it!

My grandma has blossomed in her new home! Her mind is better her body is better! It's great to see all the positive changes! And she loves it here!!

Moms Second Home

We looked at several places and ultimately found Serenity. We knew after 10 minutes that we had found
the right place. The owner (Chris) and staff are caring and experienced. They clearly have their heart in this business and that means a lot. We moved Mom in the next week and she felt at ease right away. The team gave her a warm welcome and they listened to what we said about Mom and what she liked. She started dancing again (she always has been a dancer) and joking and laughing as always. She liked living there and she liked the other residents. Often when I visited Mom, the staff had updates and pictures or videos for me. They told me stories of how Mom was doing and that meant a lot to me. Mom’s had Alzheimer’s and she could not recall what she had done yesterday, but the team at Serenity treated her like an adopted grandmother and made note of everything she experienced.

Mom passed away a while ago. She was in hospice care (and still living at Serenity) the last three months of her life. When it was Mom’s time to go, she stayed where she had lived and felt the warmth of home and the folks that cared about her. She had a “second” family in the staff there.

care

The home was clean and staff ate nice and helpful

Awesome!

What an awesome place. Don't know what the review was talking about... But the place was clean, well lit and the bedrooms were pleasant. I was especially impressed with the people that work there. Truly caring people who have a special ministry to the elderly. If you want your parent well taken care of this place is well worth the extra money. The staff ratio can't be beat!

Not Impressed with Serenity

The two people that owned it were a very young couple and they were extremely nice. I didn't get a good feel, that they had a handle on how to run a place like this though. I thought the place looked dirty and dingy. The rooms were awful and the residents were just sitting there, parked on the couch. It was just a gut reaction. I was not impressed with Serenity at all.

Good Care and Activities

I think they're all so expensive so I'd probably put a 3 on anyone's score. The management has been very friendly and helpful. My parents are in the Serenity home. Sometimes with their issues they're not in their right minds but I do believe they are being well taken care of. I think they could be maybe more agressive in their care.

They have bingo and they go places and have puzzles and music shows. I think they are going to be starting a garden. There is a whole variety.

We chose Serenity S...

We chose Serenity Senior Living for our loved one because it was a better environment for them, a nice house, with nice people.

Looking for a home for your loved one? Want an alternative to a nursing home or big institutional facility? Here is what we offer: Country living in the city. 4200 square foot single story home on 2 acres. We are a LICENSED Residential, Type B facility. Doctor, Nurse, and Healthcare visits on site. Funding alternatives (LTC insurance, VA Aide and Attendance.) Three healthy and fresh meals prepared daily by a dedicated and loving team of Caregivers, Assistance with bathing, clothing, incontinence care, and other personal grooming needs, medication management, scheduled daily activities, weekly outings, board games, card games and domino's. Beautifully landscaped backyard with walking trails, a 14 foot by 30 foot garden just beyond the wrap around covered back porch, private resident garden to grow vegetables, herbs, and flowers. Personalized wellness packages available with our full time Physical Therapy Tech, wireless internet, cable, and personal phones. We have private and semi-private rooms available. . Immediate availability. Tours 7 days a week 8am-7pm