Senior Suites of Jefferson Park - Chicago, IL

Imagine being able to live in a beautiful building, in a community of friends, receive monthly housekeeping services and benefit from specially designed safety features - all for one low affordable monthly rate and in the Chicago neighborhood you've called home for most of your life. As a resident at one of our many Senior Suites communities, this dream can become a wonderful reality.

Chicago is known throughout the world for its wonderfully diverse neighborhoods and distinct architectures. Senior Suites reflect that civic pride in the neighborhoods we serve by the attractive apartment homes we offer. Senior Suites allow adults 62 years of age and older to live affordably and safely in the neighborhood that they call home. Our communities are designed with your comfort and safety in mind and provide opportunities for social engagement and camarade

[Removed] has consistently (over the phone and in person) provided me very meaningful and helpful information.
I very much appreciate her choice to meet her all visit your facility.

SLC Midwest

Thank you for your review; we very much appreciate your feedback!

Extremely nice inside and out! The professionalism of the staff, which works really well as a team, makes sure the community stays clean, safe, and trouble free. It always looks great

I like the way this place is run and cares for; very important to me.

The friendliness and helpfulness of the staff gives me comfort and makes me feel at ease.

SLC Midwest

Thank you for taking the time to write a review; we appreciate your confidence in us!

I already scheduled a tour of the Senior Suites of Jefferson Park. [Removed] took me on a tour of the building and even showed me one of the apartments! The apartment was beautiful and I was very impressed that this building has so many modern conveniences, such as air conditioning window units, and a washing machine and dryer on every floor! And no charge to do your laundry! The building also has a large dining area where all the activities are held. This building offers to take the residents grocery shopping! The building allows one small pet and even though there is an extra small fee for pets that is ok with me. And they have a maintenance staff on hand to help with any repairs that need to be done in the apartments. Also, the neighborhood is great and there are lots of stores and restaurants in the heart of this neighborhood. The building is also located near public transportation. The rental fees are extremely reasonable! I am definitely filling out an application to get on the waiting list.

I already scheduled a tour of the Senior Suites of Jefferson Park. [Removed] took me on a tour of the building and even showed me one of the apartments! The apartment was beautiful and I was very impressed that this building has so many modern conveniences, such as air conditioning window units, and a washing machine and dryer on every floor! And no charge to do your laundry! The building also has a large dining area where all the activities are held. This building offers to take the residents grocery shopping! The building allows one small pet and even though there is an extra small fee for pets that is ok with me. And they have a maintenance staff on hand to help with any repairs that need to be done in the apartments. Also, the neighborhood is great and there are lots of stores and restaurants in the heart of this neighborhood. The building is also located near public transportation. I am definitely filling out an application to get on the waiting list.

I already scheduled a tour of the Senior Suites of Jefferson Park. [Removed] took me on a tour of the building and even showed me one of the apartments! The apartment was beautiful and I was very impressed that this building has so many modern conveniences, such as air conditioning window units, and a washing machine and dryer on every floor! And no charge to do your laundry! Also, the neighborhood is great and there are stores and restaurants in the heart of this neighborhood. The building is also located near public transportation. I am definitely filling out an application to get on the waiting list.

A resident of the past 5 years. I have not had any problem with the staff or with any maintenance issues that were addressed promptly.

SLC Midwest

Thank you for your positive feedback! If you have any additional input on how we could create a five-star experience, please do not hesitate to reach out to our director team.

The staff at this location is helpful with our needs. They like to organize things for our community to socialize with other tenants. These events & activities are very well being. Its always good to sit down & have someone to talk with.

Enjoy it & loving it. Management Jessica, Dania and victor. What a staff! They are great!

A1.

A+++.

We have an exemplary great staff.

We toured SSJP on 6/11/2016. We were very impressed by the facility & apartments. It is clean, organized & comfortable. We hope to one day be living there. Hopefully, sooner rather than later. The coordinator giving us the tour, Jessica, was absolutely wonderful! She was very professional & answered all of our questions.

Only staff must handle food or make coffee. You do not know where people’s hands have been, & only huge of these people was their hands. Coffee is made in morning by tenants before arrival of employees, these people do not food handling LIC. For city of Chicago, very unsanitary. Rent notice must be in sealed envelope.

Review of Senior Suites Of Jefferson Park - Chicago, Il

Jessica Reyes, Administrative Assistant, is extremely knowledgeable of the neighborhood and, being a new resident, it has been most helpful. She always has a smile and she treats everyone with respect and kindness. The other residents have been very nice and I know I made the right decision to make SSJP my home.

Review of Senior Suites Of Jefferson Park - Chicago, Il

Multiple breakdowns of washer dryers and air conditioners and stoves and refrigerator must be replaced not repaired all equipment is 16 years old.

SLC Midwest

My name is Lisa Reed & I am the Vice President of Operations for the 24 Senior Suites we manage in the Chicagoland area. I would like to take this opportunity to first thank you very much for taking the time to provide your feedback related to Senior Suites of Jefferson Park.

I see that you have a concern about the condition of our complimentary washers & dryers. I certainly apologize if there have been repair needs which have inconvenienced you and other residents. We will always assess repair needs vs. replacement. If equipment is beyond repair, we always replace. I’m fairly certain that we have replaced many of the washers & dryers since the 2003 opening of Senior Suites of Jefferson Park.

Thank you again for your feedback.

Review of Senior Suites Of Jefferson Park - Chicago, Il

The building is clean and decent and works for my satisfaction.

Nice, clean, and secure.

Review of Senior Suites Of Jefferson Park - Chicago, Il

JP is a secure, safe, friendly place to live and in a wonderful neighborhood. They staff are good and friendly and they have always been willing to help me when I ask about anything.

Review of Senior Suites Of Jefferson Park - Chicago, Il

It is a very nice place to live. The staff is very good and there is always something to do.

Review of Senior Suites Of Jefferson Park - Chicago, Il

Furnace does not work properly can not keep up with the cold weather. Plastic on winders is not the real option.

Has not worked properly for 5 years or more.

SLC Midwest

Although you provided a very favorable score with your review, I did want to address the content of your review as it relates to the heat concerns.
We take any expressed concerns very seriously. Any heating concerns are addressed directly with the Property Manager, followed by having our staff assess the situation. We also have a external vendor who specializes in heating, venting & air conditioning whose expertise we would use to resolve the concern, if necessary. We also offer plastic for windows should our residents request, as windows are naturally drafty.
I’m happy to address any further concerns you may have, and invite you to reach out at [removed].

5-Star Rating

Nothing really to comment on right now, my sister has only been there for just about three weeks now. If anything, getting constant e-mails was just getting to be a pest, but they got us in there and that's what matters.

Wonderful facility, very modern and clean with activities, but mom not qualified for low income housing. It would have been nice!

Great place for low-income seniors

Senior Suites of Jefferson Park is a great place for low-income seniors. It is very clean and well maintained. The seniors have many activities and there are day rooms and laundry facilities on every floor. I would recommend this place to others. The only criticism I have is that there seems to be a problem with hooking up TV access if you do not have cable.

Review of Senior Suits Jefferson Park in Chicago, IL

Clean - community areas comfortably furnished - staff and residents are friendly.

Review of Senior Suits Jefferson Park in Chicago, IL

I came in for a tour with my mother. Gladdis and LeRon were very helpful. Answered all our questions and explained everything to us. My mother loved the place and wants to move in right away. Unfortunately they are full at the moment. Her name will definitely be on the wait list.

Thank you Gladdis and LeRon for the wonderful tour.

Review of Senior Suits Jefferson Park in Chicago, IL

I just moved in. Everyone are very friendly. I attended the resident birthday party/meeting and we had cake and coffee. I made the right choice in moving here. The staff are all wonderful. This place is clean and close to a lot of stores. I liked the once a week grocery shopping since I don't drive anymore. I also like the once a month house keeping.

Review of Senior Suites of Jefferson Park in Chicago, IL

The building is close to public transportation. The area is very clean as well as the building. Also the staff was very helpful.

Review of Senior Suites of Jefferson Park in Chicago, IL

Building is very clean, and the staff is great. A staff member checks on the residents everyday which we really love because of peace of mind.

Review of Senior Suites of Jefferson Park in Chicago, IL

I have been living here for 8 years and love every minute of it. This place is very clean, the staff really takes pride of their work and it shows. I would recommend this place to everyone. The staff really goes above and beyond their duties to serve us all.

Review of Senior Suites of Jefferson Park in Chicago, IL

The staff was very professional. They answered all of my questions and at the same time. They were very welcoming. I did not feel rushed. They actually took their time with me to make sure all my questions were anwsered.

Review of Senior Suites of Jefferson Park in Chicago, IL

My grand mother lives at this community. All the staff are wonderful, kind, helpful and very friendly. My grand mother didn't think she'll make any friends but she was wrong. She made plenty of friends that she loves playing bingo with. This place is very clean. I'm glad my grand mother lives here.

Review of Senior Suites of Jefferson Park Independent Living in Chicago, IL

The rooms were very nice and airy. I liked the fact that there was a motion detector in the bathroom and that if you aren't up and about by 10 a.m., you will check. This is close to transportation, as I do not drive. Leron was very helpful and professional.

Horrible management

I'm going to have to give them a 2 right now because we set my father up to do a direct debit and the first time he had to write a check because it wouldn't go through and they charged him twice. They were really poor at resolving it, I can say the management there is not good at all. The manager ignored us and ignored my father, I had to threaten with a lawyer to get her to pay attention and even when I called the regional manager I got no response. The assitant manager is a really great guy, the facilities are great, the maintenence is great, the housekeeping is great, the facility is very nice. He's happy there with the people and the facilities but the manager is jsut not good. For the money, this was the best I could find and we needed something almost immedeatly and if this didn't even happy from the very beginning we wouldn't have had any problems.

SLC Seniorsuites

On behalf of Senior Suites of Jefferson Park, I very much appreciate your feedback of your recent experience with our community. I am disappointed that your initial impression of some of our staff and our payment process has not been positive. It is our commitment to you and your father to improve your perception and experience of your community and what we have to offer.

It is our goal to always resolve any accounting concerns related to rental payments as swiftly as possible. I understand the bank charges were reimbursed to your father but evidently this was not communicated efficiently enough & for that we certainly apologize and will strive to win back your confidence.

I am pleased to see that you and your father are satisfied with our support staff and the services they provide. Please know that you or your father can reach out directly to me if you have any further concerns. You may reach me at [removed].

We were very impressed with this prop...

We were very impressed with this property! Excellent location, the apartment was very clean, spacious, and safe, and LeRon was very professional and helpful. My mother-in-law was ready to move in today! We completed the waiting list application and hopefully will hear back from them soon.

We are signing the lease