Staff rates A+ the Meals and Menu D-

Our loved ones has been at Jersey Ridge for little over a year. We also chose this place because of the aid to resident ratio. We felt that there was a better chance of care in a smaller facility. For the most part that is true. Our biggest complaint is the MEALS!

In looking over the menus and the meals themselves it is hard fore to believe that they work with a registered dietician! Some of the offerings like polish sasuages (?) . How can that be healthy for older people? It is loaded with sodium not to mention hard to chew
Little variety. For what they are charging , and prices are going up in March 2018, they should be able to provide more nutritious and appealing meals. I honestly find it hard to believe they work with a dietician and/or meals are reviewed by that dietician.
Perhaps if the staff were asked to eat the meals for a week we might see some immediate action.

We moved my mom into Jersey Ridge Place 2 years ago. It was the best decision we have ever made. She was at home and lonely and was starting to get pretty forgetful. After about 2 months at Jersey Ridge Place her mind started to awaken again. The stimulation has been great. She's social, reading books, and even doing her crossword puzzles!! I would recommend this place to anyone.

The Community I Toured

When touring I noticed this was a little small. We liked the lady we talked with. She gave me her full attention and focus on the tour. At the time we were looking for assisted living and the room was a little small for us. It is a very nice place and we liked the tour.

The community is pretty well!

The staff is very good and helpful with my loved one. The community offers lots of great activities for my loved one to enjoy. They offer a fitness class and bingo. The meals that are served are okay, but they do not look appetizing. The community only has 1 person who serves all 10 residents in the memory care unit. The memory care unit can use some additional staff to help care for the residents. There usually is only 1 aide to care for the whole unit.

Friendly staff. Clean environment. Good staff to patient ratio. A bit expensive but my mom loves it there!

it nice enough, and welcoming and friendly

Just like the others we visited, it nice enough, and welcoming and friendly, but there was one place we visited that was just a little brighter and airier. The accommodations available here, as far as room size and set up weren't exactly what we were looking for either. The one that she chose was also in a better location for her.

Poor Communication

Overall place is clean but that is the only good thing I have to say. Please read on as you will find their communication lack there off unbelievable!
Mother has been resident in assisted living for 3 years and in Dec 2014 moved to the memory care area. She is almost 90 now.
My issue is I can't get the staff to answer the phone. Especially after 530 pm. THIS ISNT THE FIRST TIME THIS HAS HAPPENED. I have three phone numbers to call front area, back area and a cell. Tonight my mothers phone as been busy (most likely off the hook not hung up correctly) for 5 hours. It is now 1030 PM and still cannot get any staff to answer the phone at Jersey Ridge Place. What if something is wrong or she is hurt? I am about ready to call the police for a welfare check! I was told by the director Heidi to keep calling or go over and check myself. I am 350 miles away and she knows that! She also said the staff is not required to answer the phone. Again what if something bad has happened?
My mom is almost 90 and is having a very bad day today.
Cannot get anyone to help. Again this isn't the first time I've had this happen.
And we've all but given up on the staff putting on the support socks aka tubie grips the doctor has ordered my mom to wear. The staff inconsistently puts them on her.
We ask but get results about 50% now. Gets less and less cooperation as time goes by.
To top it off today we learned the Jersey Ridge place nurse has quit to go to another facility. Now the person who knew my Mom's issues will no longer be there.
If all you are concerned with is cleanliness then this place will work for you. If you want communication and cooperation good luck with that!

Review of Jersey Ridge Place Alzheimer's / Memory Care in Davenport, IA

very impressed liked the fact that it is small and more one on one with the patient.

Very nice. One level. Not t...

Very nice. One level. Not too big. Great location. Rooms a little smaller but nice. Not cheap ($3525/mo.& 2k up front)

Life at Jersey Ridge Place is more interesting!

Jersey Ridge Place is designed to nurture your spirit and senses. The schedules and activities are centered around your desires. You will have the opportunity to remain both physically and mentally active; and have a great time with your fellow residents.

So, weather you are ready for a fun-filled day or you just want a peaceful place to relax, you will find it here at Jersey Ridge Place.

Our delightful Dining Room Serves as the meeting place for family style meals and opportunities to socialize. We enjoy having guests, so feel free to invite your family members to any of our meals for a nominal charge. Jersey Ridge Place provides tableside service for three meals per day, seven days a week. Menus are adjusted to enjoy seasonal selections.

Jersey Ridge Place Activities Jersey Ridge Place offers you a wide variety of programs that enhance your mental, physical, and spiritual growth. Our activity room is large open space with room for daily exercise, a game of cards, crafts and more. Other items on the agenda at Jersey Ridge Place are family parties, outings, musical guests, bible study and nondenominational worship. With a daily activity schedule featuring such wide variety, there is something for everyone!

Safety is always a concern We have taken extra measures to provide you with a safe secure environment. From handrails in the hallways to smoke alarms and sprinklers in each apartment…you will always have a peace of mind. Our emergency call system is answered by our professional staff 24 hours a day. With our private courtyard you will feel safe and secure when enjoying the outdoors.