Brookdale Lake Shore Drive - Chicago, IL

Brookdale Plaza Lake Shore Drive provides a full range of choices for today's seniors. Choosing a senior living community represents a lifestyle choice and we understand that our residents are choosing much more than a comfortable living environment to call home. Our Brookdale community delivers Inspired Independent Living, with the promise of Exceptional Experiences Everyday. In choosing this community, our residents have made a conscious lifestyle decision designed to deliver enhanced opportunities for pursuing health and life fulfillment through the exceptional services, amenities and opportunities we offer. And, our residents can rest assured that as their needs change we provide a variety of ancillary services and a Personalized Assisted Living environment that encourages our residents to continue to live as they please while respecting individual preferences.

Mom's Respite Visit

My mom did fine when she was here for respite. She enjoyed eating filet mignon and other good meals they made. It was clean from what I saw and the staff were all very good. They have activities available but my mom was not shown where and how to participate. All was fine but the city environment was too much for my mom.

Superb Senior Living

The employees, from the Director down to the housekeeping staff, are superb at their jobs, friendliness and helpfulness. They make Brookdale Lake Shore Drive a very special place.

[Removed] was not able to answer all my questions, although she tried to get them.Did not see much activitity there. Where were all the residents? Rooms were much smaller than I thought they would be. Didn't get to see all models in which I was interested. Tubs not safe for elderly. Meal schedule does not meet my lifestyle. I was treated very well.

Large busy place with many activities. Maybe too busy for PB? Therapy on site. Perfect location for him. Excellent apt, includes fridge, lake view. Still must know how care is provided in assisted living. Details. Clinic on site in morning. Food seems very good. So, still not sure this is the place.

Beautiful, but questionable business practices

Beautiful facility and lovely apartments with stunning views. Caring staff. Nice array of activities. This facility was originally built by Hyatt, the hotel company and it shows.

This facility works well if you/ your parent is fairly independent and mobile and just needs a bit of structure and activities. Also if he/ she has an easy going personality. It also works well if you have a parent with more serious cognitive declines, but again with a mellow personality and wealth to afford significant outside help. Some residents "age in place" and have 24 hour help.

Their business practices, however, are questionable--they are evicting my mom after 6 weeks because of her demanding personality. Tried to blame it on drinking (she has 1/ 2 cocktail before dinner) or frontal lobe dementia (which I know from recent cat scans she does not have.)

No ability to correct the situation, nothing in writing or evidence of the behavior--just a call and 30 days to leave.

If you have a parent with a demanding personality, this is not a good choice. A new facility I called said I was the second person from Brookdale Lakeshore who called him with the same issue in the last month.

Hard sell, "we can handle it"--then no follow-up when there is an issue....

Really Good Community

I'am doing very well here at this community, they are taking good care of me. The community looks great, everything is always very nice and clean. The staff is excellent. They are always there if I need some help. I haven't had a chance to try many of the activities, but I hope with more time I can participate in all the activities they offer. The food is surprisingly very good, I really like the meals. It has been a great experience. I would recommend this facility.

Good experience so far

Our experience with Brookdale Lake Shore Drive has been a positive one, so far. We were impressed by what we saw of the facility on the tour, and the sales staff we worked with were helpful and accommodating throughout the sales process.

We are very happy with Brookdale.

We are very happy with Brookdale. It's a great place, he is very happy there. The food is very good, they clean once a week and laundry twice a week. I would definitely give them a five.

The program for assisted living is excellent

The program for assisted living is excellent at Brookdale Lake Shore Drive. It is exceptional. It has been a good experience at this facility overall.

Brookdale Lake Shore Drive

I have lived at Brookdale Lake Shore Drive for just over one month. I love everything about it! I like not having to cook or clean for myself. The food is wonderful and I have already met a number of people with whom I share dinner and certain activities. There are more activities than any one person could attend and they span broad ranges of interests. I am handicapped and I have received immediate assistance in physical and occupational therapy. My primary care physician comes to the building for appointments. Our van takes us to shops, theaters, museums, and doctor appointments...a great service! What more could one ask for?

Nice place

Our experience with Brookdale Plaza has been a good one, I'd give them top marks across the board. The staff are friendly, they provide excellent care for the residents, and the facility itself is clean and well kept. We're very happy with them, and would recommend them to others looking in the area.

I toured this community, and never go...

I toured this community, and never got to see the rooms. However, I did walk up and down and around the community. Overall, it looked decent. The clientele seemed a little older than what we were hoping for. The lobby was definitely favorable. It was modern and just fantastic. Also, one thing that was nice is that this site is adjacent to St. Joseph's Hospital. It is literally across the street. However, this was definitely a city environment, and we were looking for something more suburban.

Classier environment, could have more activities

I didn't take part in too many of the activities, I'm 71 and I think that some of the activities were aimed at people older; they had activities but I think that's the one area they could improve on. I just liked the people, they were very friendly, the staff was very friendly and the location was perfect. I was quite a bit younger than the average person there, I think they said it was around 82, I was just using it as a place to stay while I visited my daughter and they let me have my dog up there which was really nice. Hallmark required no jeans in the dining room at night and they required the men at least not wear shorts which I really liked.
If I needed a place to stay indefinitely, this is where I would go.

Really nice place

This was outstanding, a five across the board, it was just too expensive. It was 7000 a month for what I was needing and it didn't include additional care. The place was elegant, it was very plush the way it was decorated, the rooms were great and they were big.

This may be premature but...

I've not phsyically moved in yet, I signed a lease and will be moving in next week. The people appear to be nice, the facility I thought looked good, the apartment that I got is a big one, it's bigger than I expected it to be, it came with a stove which is unusual for the assisted livings I looked at. My son lives in town and he wanted me to be closer to him so the suburbs were out. It's a new experience for me and I thought I'd give it a try. I'm looking forward to the place but I'm not looking forward to doing this. They have lots of activites, there may be some that I'll be interested to do but I really won't know until I move there.

Great location, very nice people; ver...

Great location, very nice people; very small units. We have a few friends and patients who have loved ones their and have high recommendations. We would seriously look at this if live in care giving does not work out.

Beautiful place

Beautiful place

Have heard good things: doctor's mo...

Have heard good things: doctor's mother lives here Right mix of services, residents, activities. Scheduling RN assessment