Brookdale Lake View - Chicago, IL

Brookdale Plaza Lake View provides a full range of choices for today's seniors. Choosing a senior living community represents a lifestyle choice and we understand that our residents are choosing much more than a comfortable living environment to call home. Our Brookdale community delivers Inspired Independent Living, with the promise of Exceptional Experiences Everyday. In choosing this community, our residents have made a conscious lifestyle decision designed to deliver enhanced opportunities for pursuing health and life fulfillment through the exceptional services, amenities and opportunities we offer. And, our residents can rest assured that as their needs change we provide a variety of ancillary services and a Personalized Assisted Living environment that encourages our residents to continue to live as they please while respecting individual preferences.

In Comparison, We Found A Better Place

When comparing between another community, they were not cheaper. It didn't seem comfy enough and they sold the apartment in a package price that was not going to work for us.

Pleasant Tour

We had a nice tour of this community, everything went well overall. The community was clean, and everything looked nice. The staff was kind to my family, and myself. It was a good experience, but it was not the community for us overall.

A good experience!

Everything is going very well since my loved one moved into Brookdale Lake View. The lead guy there is very good. I would recommend this facility to anyone because we have had a very good experience with them so far.

Things are good.

The staff at Brookdale have been ok. They do offer daily activities and they keep the community clean. The food has been excellent and they offer a nice variety. We liked this community as it is in a good neighborhood for us.

Enjoyable environment!!

I had very positive vibe about the environment at this community. All of the staff where very kind and all of the residents seemed to be happy and involved in many activities in different common areas. Everything was clean and very well maintained in the apartments which I thought was impressive. It just came down that this was not the right location for my mother.

We are impressed with the staff and the cleanliness.

We are impressed with the staff and the cleanliness. When we visited we had lunch and it was very nice, but it seems there might not be as much variety as one would hope. Overall though we are pretty happy with them.

Spacious rooms and very clean.

The lady who showed us around during our tour was very friendly. We liked the size of the rooms because my husband has a lot of equipment and needs accessibility. The community was very clean and paid attention to detail. The reasons we didn't choose this community is because they didn't have a dedicated space for each activity and the gym served as an "all purpose" room and was rather small. They also didn't offer a view of the lake that was as nice other communities in the area.

Pleased with My Move Here

I'am having a very good time here at this community. I'am really pleased with my move to this community. Everyone has been wonderful, very kind. The community looks great. Everything is very well maintained. The staff is very friendly. All is well for me at this community, and I would recommend it.

Satisfied with Our Tour

We had a very nice tour of this community. Everyone was very kind, and friendly. The experience went very well. Everything looked great, and very well-kept. The staff was courteous, and welcoming. Overall our tour went very well, and we were pleased.

Has assisted living but not memory care. nice accommodations, large 1bdrm, like option for lunch or dinner. It bit stuff & some community area seem to smell of smoke. Large like Breakers

A Big Move from Florida!!!!

My mother is scheduled to move into Brookdale Lakeview in January, so I cannot give a review as to the actual living experience yet. However, I can state that so far the staff at Brookdale has been caring, supportive, friendly and super helpful in arranging for my mom's move here from Florida. I am very appreciative of the way [Removed] learned about my mom, and made every effort to secure the apartment she thought would be best for her. Once we knew where my mom would be, [Removed] has been super helpful and timely in helping me handle the details. [Removed] the concierge is always gracious, helpful and polite while teaching me how to maneuver around the building. We look forward to my mom's experience here...and I will look forward to writing more! We have very high hopes for a wonderful life for her at Brookdale Lakeview!!

I like living at Brookdale!!

The staff are nice and helpful. I would recommend this clean community. The food is good and they offer a variety of activities.

Started at 4 stars, Ended at 1 stars

The level of care has went down when my loved one moved in. They still owe us a refund and they are not returning my phone calls. My loved one did not participate in activities that was offered. The place was clean and it was good care. There was a large amount of turn overs and they were having issues providing care like medication reminders, at times they did not give medication reminders. That was a huge issue with me. It took a lot work to have them sit down and communicate with us.

First Impression

As soon as I walked through the door they had me at Hello.

Nice place!

Our experience with Brookdale Lake View has been a positive one, overall! It's a clean, nice looking place, and the staff all seem very friendly. I would recommend them!

My dad likes this community!!

The one time I visited this community it seemed clean. The food is good and they offer good portions. The staff are helpful, good and answered our questions. I would recommend this community.

trips out to many places

The trips out are great. Every week, there are trips to various places around the city and even the suburbs- from the mall, to the zoo, to a nice dinner out- there are plenty of places to go. What's even better is that they provide transpiration on the Brookdale van. When I'm not going on a trip, I like to participate in the various activities that they offer daily- exercise classes, trivia, ceramics class, it's all here.

educational activities

I like the computer room. I'm there all day. I feel like I've gotten a college education here from the library, classes and computer. The activities are wonderful- trivia, Chicktionary, and jeopardy. I learn and get to interact.

great location, activities and food

Excellent location. It's in the city and near transportation and my family. There are a variety of activities that I enjoy. I also like that they offer a flexible meal plan with delicious food.

No Complaints!

Mom is doing great since making the move to Brookdale Lake View. The community is very well kept and updated. They do a great job of keeping everything nice and clean. Mom is enjoying the variety of meals served. Mom loves it at Brookdale Lake View!

Convenient!!

Living at Brookdale makes life easy. I can get my hair done by the stylist in their solon, take care of my banking, and even vote here! They also have the Secretary of State's Office come in so you can renew your license/ID card. They provide delicious meals and an excellent convenience store.

Great place to call home

I can't say enough good things about living at Brookdale. The food is great and the location is unbeatable! The staff is very friendly and helpful. There are plenty of activities to choose from every day as well as trips out to various places around the city. I'm very happy with my decision to move here.

Prime location!!

The location is excellent! It is a short walk to the beach, park and several bus stops. I like that I can easily take the bus downtown anytime. The neighborhood is full of great shops and restaurants.

Our second choice!

We really liked Brookdale Lake View! The staff were exceedingly friendly. It is an older building but the community was very nice and well laid out. The dining room was well kept. The lobby was very nice and welcoming. Brookdale was a little more expensive per square foot compared to others we visited.

Nice place, good value

Staff is very thoughtful and friendly. Services are well designed and appropriate for most every level of care. Food is very good, dining room is attractive and pleasant, and serving staff is accommodating. Common areas are clean and attractive. Other residents are well maintained and very nice.

infested with ants.
they did not contact my relative when a package arrived.
complication when requesting comprehensive coordination with inner acting staff members.
when dinning as a guest only twice, on one occasion when asked what i would like to drink, i never saw that server again and my drink never arrived. another occasion when asked if i wanted parmesan cheese , it never arrived. food quality is, ok.

My Aunt lives on highest floor in building and has spider and ant issues. Been bitten by spider and has ants in kitchen has only been there a month

A Good Place for Mom or Dad

The staff is knowledgeable and caring and the facility is safe and clean. There are many activities for a wide range of interests and abilities.

Going very well

Things are going very well and we have no complaints whatsoever. Thank You.

Living (instead of its opposite)

As opposed to the expensive rehab facility where my mother's health, strength and outlook declined over the months she was supposedly healing from a broken leg, the newly invigorated 89 year old has found an excellent assisted LIVING environment and hope - at Brookdale-Lake View.

Brookdale's facilities are lovely and thoughtfully designed for maximum engagement; the staff and residents are most pleasant and helpful, and the food is terrific!

We are extremely pleased and grateful to Brookdale -- particularly to leasing associate Earl [removed], who went above and beyond to ensure that my mother's needs (and there were many!) were met. Best of all, and unimaginable in mom's darkest days in rehab., Brookdale has paved the way for a happy new chapter of LIFE.

We were not there very long, but the staff was great to work with

My Dad was there for two weeks and then he went into the hospital and he has been in rehab ever since.
They were great to work with, the staff was great to work with for the short time we were there.

It's only been a month and there have been some issues.

It's only been a month and there have been some issues. The staff gave no direction or orientation when I came. They didn't seem prepared for my issues. The food is fine, I'm not sure I know about if I have all the services. They seemed like they knew and understood and would be able to provide what I needed.

This is a definite maybe for us! We think the studio size is a good fit. My sister and I would like to visit together for dinner one night soon.

Friendly and Nice

Everybody is super, super friendly and nice and they explain everything. That part was great. For the assisted living part, I don't like the bathroom. It's hard to explain, but they cut out a tub, so there is this ledge you have to step over and it's just very difficult to get in.

excellent!

They really did an excellent job. I shopped around at several different facilities, including other Brookdales, and Brookdale Lake View has been great. They were absolutely amazing. Even before my aunt actually saw the facility they came over with medical staff to do an evaluation and to answer all of her questions before she moved in. It was a very clear choice going with them, and since she has moved in there her health is good, she is happy, and everything is just going incredibly well. They were very accommodating in helping her move in and have continued to be incredibly helpful. We are very happy and could not say enough about the staff, the care, the facility, etc.

It's been great.

It's been great. The staff is very informative, they keep us up to date on everything that is going on. We haven't had any complaints about anything really, the food is good the activities are good. Everything is working out well so far.

So far they are doing pretty good.

So far they are doing pretty good. No major complaints at this time. I would like to see a little more help in terms of getting the utilities set up, getting the phone and cable started. Other than that, everything is pretty good.

I am very happy with the staff and the other people that live their. They all are nice and make you feel like home. The food isnt that bad have some food choices. There is a few activities. The facility is very clean and well maintained.

So far we are pretty happy with it.

So far we are pretty happy with it. I don't have any concerns over how clean it is, or the staff. The food is pretty good, and it's pretty fancy. It's good, and I would give them a five.

Very good to excellent.

My mother moved here in Jan. 2015. Overall, Brookdale Lake View is very good, in some categories, excellent. The apartments are large and comfortable. Unfortunately, the bathrooms are quite small, difficult for someone who needs a walker to get around. Toilets are very short--risers needed for anyone above average height.

Staff is friendly, helpful, and responsive. Coordination between departments can be problematic (i.e. a therapist sometimes shows up at the same time a bath aide is there). The food is very good to excellent.

Brookdale Senior Living

Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts. By giving us your feedback, you are helping us to understand what we do well and what we need to focus on improving. Please be assured your feedback will be reviewed and used to help better serve our residents and their families.

Review of Brookdale Plaza Lake View Assisted Living in Chicago, IL

We loved this facility for a number of reasons. However, we do not like that if/when Lilo runs out of money, she would have to leave here. Also, we do not actually know how much the assisted living costs would be until she has an assessment run on her. Therefore, it is tough to make an informed financial decision.

I am considering this place...

I am considering this place for myself. however this was the ONLY place that did not let you open the windows...major negotiating point. I can't stand heat, I leave my windows open in the winter.

I really liked this propert...

I really liked this property, however, they currently do not have any 1 bedroom apartments available. We may consider getting on the first right of refusal list once my mom's house is on the market.

Confusing Layout

I toured this community, and found it to be a little dumpy... or "old school", I guess you could say. The building was nice enough, and very expansive. I just found myself getting lost it here. It was like a spider-web, and I can't imagine how difficult it would be for someone in a wheelchair. It's just a little sprawled out. It is definitely a city-living environment. Also, it wasn't the cleanest. There was some water damage that they were taking care of while I toured. It really just didn't fir with my loved one's personality.

The staff is just so sweet and so helpful.

The administration is very accommodating. They have been very helpful with adjusting daily menus based on an individual resident's needs. The office staff is just so sweet and so helpful. It sounds like anything we need they seem willing to go above and beyond to make it happen. The location includes a breathtaking view of Lake Michigan and the landscape of Lincoln Park. Find a place for our parent here has been a blessing.

Mom is very, very happy there, I feel like we really picked the right place for her. She is so much better off than living at home. The food is wonderful, we like the dining room. She does some activities, she's made friends. There is plenty of activities to stay busy. The Kenwood staff is wonderful, Dustin the sales manager was great. It's not cheap, but it's not ridiculous. I cannot say enough good things about their staff. We say thank God mom's at the Kenwood all the time. APFM was a good service, giving us resources. We chose this because this didn't have access to happy hour every day, just once a week, and we felt that was actually better for our mom. The facility is beautiful it's like a nice hotel, and the staff has been great. We are very happy with the nursing staff they have, so she can make the transition, if she needs to go from independent to assisted living without moving. There has not been anything that is subpar about this place.

Wonderful, caring staff and great activities!

I like the staff here so much. I went here 5 times, I really checked the palce out because 1. the staff was so friendly and then as we went along I watched the people because I'm probably the youngest female here at 73. There are a lot of really really old people and there's some on a little assisted care, the staff were so loving, rubbing thier backs and talking to them, the people they have here are so good with the truly disabled people. I haven't pushed enough, but they're very slow in getting things done, repairs or different things but I do know if I went down there or called, I would get an appointment with whoever I needed to. I think it's the greatest place, I could go on and on, I think you can tell by the engineers, they've been here 22-24 years, one of our activities ladies has been here 20 some years. I can leave the house at a quarter to 7 to go eat breakfast and I don't have to get back until 9-930. They always have something going on and they have overlapping things so they get everything in there. They just have excellent activities, every day they check on you, it's more than just a rental place. I don't think it could be any better.

Old and not as nice

It wasn't as nice as its sister, it's old and it hasn't been kept up as nicely as the hallmark. I don't know if they would take low income or not but I think probably it's just not quite as classy as the hallmark.

Room for Improvement With Food and Activities

The food wasn't quite as good as what I though it would be. it was more institutional food rather than the way it was advertised. My mom has said the same thing. They have bingo and movies and other activities but I think there's room for improvement. My mom had a doctor's appointment yesterday and the doctor did not show up so she had to rearrange her whole day for this appointment.

Lovely property with many ammenities....

Lovely property with many ammenities. Good location. Pets welcome.

Loved everything about this