Sunrise of Lincoln Park - Chicago, IL

Great work done!

Everyone is here to help all those in need! The food service downstairs is excellent! Thank you very much for all you services!

A Good Visit But Not The Right Place

After touring, I found that they were not appropriate for my mom. They are primarily a memory care center and she needed assistance but not that type of care. They are geared more towards Alzheimer or more serious mental care. It was a lock down facility to prevent wandering.

Plus is its sole focus on assisted living. 60 residents. Much smaller feel, quieter than Brookdale. Like care mgt as described, with consistent staffing. PB should respond better to that. Not sure what activities he would engage in but there are options. Therapy provided by contractors; not sure how good it would be (equipment?). Rooms ok but no view; would pb care? Like the location on Clark since it's busy, something to look at. Beautiful deck space in back. Covered parking in back a big plus for visitors.

A Good Community

So far all is going very well and good for my mom. The meals are really good. It is healthy and tasty. I believe the staff do their best keeping the place clean in and out. Mom's room has clean linen and clean clothes.

Read the Fine Print

Don't judge a book by it's cover. The promises made in the glossy brochure and the over-friendliness during scheduled visits mask the reality. This is an expensive nursing home for those who are compliant and obedient. Read the fine print!

It's been fine so far.

It's been fine so far. We haven't had any complaints about maintenance or the food, or anything like that. I would give them a 4.5 so far, nobody is perfect, but they are doing pretty good so far.

Best place In the Area

I think that the in house staff is really good, but the out source stuff, I'm not to sure about them. It may not be the right place for my mom. However, its the best place in the area.

Sunrise Senior Living

Thank you for your review; please know that we take all concerns seriously and would like to learn more about your experience with Sunrise. Please email us at Information (At) SunriseSeniorLiving (Dot) com. Thank you, Sunrise Team

I would recommend Sunrise if there is a problem with memory and dementia.

I would recommend Sunrise if there is a problem with memory and dementia. A lot of places will take care of the routine and the bedpans, but they don't really help them live a reasonably happy life. I didn't choose this particular location, because it wasn't convenient for the family to get to.

My Mom has been at Sunrise since June 29, 2015. The place is very warm and attractive. The staff is dedicated and very skilled. Most of them have been with the company for many years. We are very happy with the level of care Mom is getting and recommend the facility to others. A Place for Mom Senior Living Adviser Carol Walker was instrumental in helping us make the right choice. She was very informative and her expertise helped us in selecting the best place for our Mom. Thank you.

What a Relief

This facility has met all our expectations and criteria thus far after one month. The staff us been very attentive and proactive in our concerns. So thankful to "A Place for Mom"

This is a very nice facility but way to intense for my mom's needs at this point. She needs more independence than this option offers.

Compassionate and Supportive

The staff at Sunrise of Lincoln Park are a very compassionate and a very supportive group of people. However, they do fall short administratively though. In that respect, there they are just a little weak.

Sunrise Senior Livinh

Sunrise is a caring place for a person needing help with daily activities. It is a very homey place. The staff
Is quite friendly.

I am in awe of the kindness, attention to detail, and cohesiveness of the staff. They are very respectful of the residents, visitors and each other. I have never seen or heard anyone say "I don't know" without offering to find someone to help.

I have only visited other facilities, I have never had a close relative live in one, but Sunrise seems to do everything right. It is a very impressive residence, the design and decor are lovely, and nothing suggests "institution" as so many places do. I am so happy we chose Sunrise.

I didn't mark down for cleanliness, but take a look at the refrigerator on the second floor, it's pretty bad on the outside, I was afraid to get ice or drink the water.

Better than average.

I have the POA for the resident at Sunrise of Lincoln Park. However, I live in Florida. I hired a surrogate to check in on the resident 2 - 3 times per week and he tells me she is getting very good care. Also, the staff calls me whenever there is a problem, so I am kept current on my friend's condition. the facility is very homey and the caregivers are extremely good. There has recently been a staff change so I don't know if anything regarding the quality of care will change.

Nice place, overall

I think they're doing a good job at Sunrise of Lincoln Park. It's a nice looking, clean community, and the apartments are a nice size for the price. The staff are friendly the community just has a good feel overall. My loved ones are having a bit of trouble settling in, but I think they will enjoy it here once they do. The only real issue we've had so far is a little confusion getting their medication services set up, I feel like the community could have made the specifics a bit clearer.

sunrise is truly wonderful!

our mother had pretty advanced alzheimers. she had been at home for the years of her decline...with round the clock care. we worried about moving her and waited until we were confident that she would not really realize she was . of course, as soon as she moved to sunrise, we wondered why we hadn't done it earlier. my siblings and i felt so secure and confident with the staff there. they were completely responsive to anything we said about our mother and appeared to truly care about her. after all of those years at home, we really believe that her quality of life was better at sunrise. she was around other people and always very well attended to. i cannot say enough good things about our experience there and would be very happy to talk to anyone who is thinking of placing a loved one at sunrise.

Not Bad, But Not As Good As They Could Be

This Sunrise is quite clean and the housekeeping staff works hard to keep it that way, but they seem to pay more attention to the public areas that everyone sees. When my mother first moved there, I had concerns about her physical care; was she being showered/shampooed often enough, were her nails clean, etc. but now she's in a routine and looks neatly groomed every day.

Her dementia is quite advanced, and she is usually asleep in her chair when I arrive for a visit; I'm told that she participates in group activities, but I seldom see it happening. That said, they do offer many activities, especially in good weather when weekly field trips and picnics are planned. There is a lovely rooftop deck with flowering plants, trellises, and wicker furnishings, where the residents spend lots of time in the nice weather - and lunch is often served out there on pleasant days. All the big holidays are celebrated with fanfare, and clearly the effort is made to engage the residents. Family members are encouraged to participate as much as possible. The director has very good intentions and makes heroic efforts to achieve goals for the facility. The nursing staff is pretty on top of things, and quick to respond to any health issues. However, the caregiver staff is less professional than they could be. One source of frustration is that my mother's toiletries (shampoo, body wash, and wipes) often go missing just a few days after I bring new products to her room. In addition, other residents' clothing turns up in her closet on a regular basis, indicating a lack of care in the laundry service.

In terms of the infrastructure, more care should be taken of the common areas. For example, the table cloths in the dining room are worn out to the point of being torn and threadbare. While it's great that they are laundered frequently, they should be replaced altogether when they are clearly falling apart. The living room and common area furnishings, where the dementia residents "hang out" during the day, are shabby and grubby-looking. Perhaps the Sunrise powers-that-be could focus less on their profit margins and either repair or update furniture that's soiled or broken, such as the dining room chairs.

I like the fact that my mother is in a residential, rather than institutional, home-like setting. It's a pleasant environment for her, and she responds well to it. The activities coordinator makes sure that the residents on the dementia floor eat meals in the main dining room downstairs once or twice a week, so they get a change of scenery. There is excellent variety in the dining service, and my mom seems to enjoy her meals. It is always well-prepared, with lots of options. Volunteer musicians come to entertain the residents every week, playing piano, guitar, or other instruments.

High Standards

It was quite exemplary. All wonderful. They have very high standards for care and the building was beautiful. They also had great security.

Didn't like staff's behavior

I thought it was affordable, but the rooms were small and I think the staff could be trained a little more to be more sensititve to their behavior when peopel are touring. I think it was the way the hallways were cluttered, it's the design, it's the feel when you walk into the building, and again, the thing that caught me was the behavior of the staff. Not to say they weren't friendly, they were, but when you see them complaining or rolling their eyes it raised some red flags for me.

Sunrise Senior Living

Hello, thank you for sharing a review with us. We are sorry to hear that you had a poor experience with the team members and would like to look into this further. Please email the [removed] inbox with more details if you'd like to share them. We are committed to top quality care and service for both our residents and their families. Thanks! Sunrise Team

Looks nice, care doesn't match

This place was very pretty... it's like when you're little and your mom says "if you don't have something nice to say..." but I loved the director there, he seemed to be the most caring individual at the place and he was the director. The people in daily contact with my mom were not. I was very disappointed with the nursing staff. I know it's all modern but you've got different people there with jeans on everyday and my mom didn't know who these people were giving her medication and she was there for 2 years; so in a setting where you've already got confusion it wasn't good. I was taken aback by the treatment and it was very expensive. I think it depends on the level of care they need and how much money you have but it shouldn't have to be like that.

Always Something Happening

My father complained about the food but their food was fabulous. We're mexican so I think he just missed mexican food. They seemed to have more activities for the seniors. They always have something going on. It's an assisted living facility and it was time for my father to be in a nursing home and time to start using medicaid so we moved him.

Not too impressed with youn...

Not too impressed with young lady who took me on tour. Not sure if it is the right place upon observation of staff interaction with residents.

Sunrise_Parent Lives There Now

Staff is attentive and seem to work well with residents. Staff know residents' names. Monitor residents throughout the night. Dog on site--a comfort to many. Hallways provide a place for residents to "hang out" if they don't want to stay in their rooms. Does not have a medical or nursing home facility feel (a plus).

We visited here. It was a fantastic p...

We visited here. It was a fantastic place. The staff was very friendly and informative. I felt they could meet the needs of my family. The rooms were small for two and the location, cost and the fact that they don't take Medicaid were prohibitive.

Perfect location for spouse and famil...

Perfect location for spouse and family visits Very impressed with facility

Sunrise in General, seems to be ahead...

Sunrise in General, seems to be ahead of the curve,...they seem to have spearheaded the modern approach to Care for Seniors.

Very nice, clean facility.

Very nice, clean facility.