Select Senior Living - Coon Rapids, MN

Kind people

Caring people that work at this facility. I've seen the home aides really interact with the residents at this facility. They are very caring and kind. They are very knowledgeable and available.

Calm and Exciting

First off, the food is great. Grandmother and I love it. Building is clean and neat, and the staff is friendly and gentle. They are very good at giving cares to my grandma. Very calm and patient with her, which is needed.

Great place

Facility is organized, quick to respond to my mom's needs. The care staff is always available and seems to really care about the residents living there.

I'd definitely recommend!

I always look forward to visiting my grandfather in his new home

My grandfather lives at Select and I am so happy to see him so happy. After my grandmother died he had to cook his own food and he stopped eating as much as he used to. He loves the food and the dining service. He said that the food is gourmet tasting and I've had their food a few times and I really like it to. It's basically, actually is, a fresh restaurant right in your home. I know a few of the staff members because they were really welcoming when I first came in to see him and helped me find his room. Now they know me and I know that I can reach out to them directly by name if I ever have any questions or concerns. I'm happy they are so clean there. That was my biggest worry and from what I've seen his room is super clean, freshly washed clothes, great food, if he needs service he pushes a button and his attendants arrive to help him out. It is much better than what I could have done and this makes me relieved that he is getting exceptional care. I feel like my family and I made the right choice and we are lucky because we were able to find a senior home that really has about everything.

Not impressed

They have an unhappy client, my mother. She has bad eyes and can't see what a pig sty her unit is. She crus out in pain and waits for hours to get her mess. Yikes!

very not good

I have found this facility very disorganized. I moved my Mom in June 2015...they are on the third Director at this point.
My mom does not get bathed at the designated times, and I feel I have not gotten responses back from the staff when I have called.
I would not recommend this place. It is very pretty, but staffing sux.
My Mother has told me numerous times she wants to move, last time was Saturday night. She was supposed to get a shower Sat am, I talked to the nurses in person Friday, they assurred me she would get a shower. nope
I have had it.
go somewhere else

I like it.

I like it. The management is a little disorganized, but the people are friendly, and it's clean. We chose them based on reputation and location.

Organized

I think that everyone working at the Select Senior Living have all done very well. They are all extremely organized and know what is going on with all of the residents and everything. I do not have any complaints.