With commanding stunning vistas of the vibrant City of Salem and the mountains beyond, Salem Terrace at Harrogate is designed in a tradition reminiscent of a grand hotel or resort.

At Salem Terrace at Harrogate, we offer a choice of floor plans and four levels of personal assistance, depending upon needs and preferences. In addition, should the need ever arise, Salem Terrace also offers a memory care center.

Leases at Salem Terrace are month to month and there are no "buy-in" fees.

Salem Terrace is an outstanding provider

My wife of 58 years diagnosed with Alzheimer's entered Salem Terrace 18 weeks ago. [Removed], director of admissions was thorough and professional. On the tour it was apparent that she knew the Memory Care unit patients by name. Nurses and CNA's have been very professional, loving and caring. The Memory Care unit is bright and open giving residents a view of the entire facility from their individual veranda. The food has been nutritious and varied.
As a resident of [Removed] since 1971, I chose to perform due diligence on four well known Memory Care providers. Salem Terrace was a clear winner. The experience has been enhanced by regular activities by recognized artists and by home grown musical groups. A dear friend who visited Carol asserted "this is the kind of place I would like to have" when needed.

Toured

Very nice, but expensive

My mom and dad needed separate living, as Dad is incontinent and has increasing dementia, and Mom was not physically able to see to his needs 24/7, as required. This was the best fit for them.

The rent for a small apartment and a memory care room is very high, however, almost double the cost of a two bedroom apartment in other facilities. The staff are super nice, but the RN is not on call at night, and extraordinary (though not real emergency) medical needs must be handled by an ER visit. The facilities are very nice, and overall the experience is much like living in a nice hotel. The memory care unit is bright and clean and comfortable, and the staff are very good with the special needs of their residents. It is excellent for my dad's needs, and my mom can spend as much time with him as she likes, often eating her meals with him. The same company provides physical therapy for him, and his strength and abilities are greatly improved.

We think Salem Terrace was the best solution for my parents' particular needs, and fortunately they can afford it. Had it been possible we might have paid less for them to live in one apartment elsewhere, with comparable services.

All levels of care. Near t...

All levels of care. Near the college and Ryan's school.