Solange at the Woodlands - Castle Rock, CO

Great Care

Wonderful care and my loved one is thriving now.

Wonderful to visit!

It's always a pure pleasure to come visit my grandmother. She is always in good spirits and the staff are amazing!

1 on 1 caregiver to residents

I come in often to help with companionship and 1 on 1 care to certain residents. The staff and management are always pleasant and the home is always tiddy with activities going on.

Awesome alernative to large facilities.

Great staff. Great food. Great environment! Ashley and Rachel are the best at what they do. The run a tight ship and are always easy to reach for any issues or questions!!!

Wonderful place

Moved my mother and father and law here. The manager or administrative (not sure!) Her nam is Rachael and an absolute doll, very responsive at all hours and willing to help with any all issues. House is always clean and smells amazing with the home cooked meals. So glad we found these homes for my in laws!!

Wonderful home and staff

After seeing the one star review I felt the need to write my own review. We've had our father in the owners homes for almost a year. The staff are wonderful even the one star review states this fact. The owner is always popping in and always responds to phone calls and test at all hours! The home is always clean and lively and father has done far better here than the big facility he was at previously. I wouldn't hesitate to recommend these homes to anyone!

We placed our mother a few months ago and have been nothing but happy. From the care staff to the owner everyone is always more than willing to help and answer any questions. We had our mother at a larger facility and her transition was just horrible.

Don't be fooled by the owner and all of her promises!

My dad was at the house in Parker for 5 months. I was there at least once a week and every day before he passed away. In the beginning there were lots of promises made by the owner that were never followed through on. There are NO activities during the day. It would be wonderful if everything on the site happened, but the truth is that all the residents do during the day is lay in bed or sit in front of the tv. Soon it became ever so clear that she was only out for the money. I was actually at the point of moving my dad out when his health took a turn for the worse and it was better to have him stay put. My only saving grace was Hospice coming in every day to be my eyes and ears while I could not be there. The owner will tell you that she is in and out of the houses frequently. Sadly, this only happens when she is trying to fill a bed. In fact, the day my dad passed, she did not come over or even given me a personal phone call. How is that for caring about the residents and their families? Fortunately, the caregivers were amazing to me and my dad – they truly cared about us! However, they worked many hours and were often left to work alone on the weekends. I could share more of my experience, but it would take up too much space. I do not want any other family member to be misled by the owner of this company. She is not in this to care for your loved one. She is only in it for the money!

Bad neighbors...

It's a great alternative to big institutions and they do a wonderful job.

Our Grandmother had a tough move from Maine to CO

We toured this community as Safe At Home Residences, but the name changed to Renaissance Memory Care before we moved her in. Unfortunately our Grandmother was 93 and the move was tough. There were personal cleanliness issues regarding the residents. There wasn't enough staff to handle incontinence, bathing, lifting, etc. There was only one person per shift and at change of shift there were two. Some residents needed lifting, which required more than one person. The staff members we observed did not seem adequately trained to handle or deal with memory care issues. The rooms were large and sunny and unfurnished. This set of group homes accommodated from 6 to 12 people, based on which home we chose. My grandmother was in a downstairs bedroom and was somewhat fearful of using the lift. She was supposed to be moving into another cottage within a few weeks but she passed away after being there for three and a half weeks. We understand that the managers are trying to address many of these issue, including staff to resident ratio and level of training.

Great place!

Overall we've had a great experience with Safe at Home Residences! They really do a great job looking after their residents, and the owner has been fantastic to work with. She responds promptly to any requests or comments, and is obviously dedicated to making this a great place for people to live. They recently hired a staff supervisor, and they're focusing on individualizing the care for each resident. The only area I'd say they could improve on would be their activities, and that is another area that the new supervisor has them focusing on!

This was a beautiful home.

This was a beautiful home. Everyone was very friendly, and we were set to move in. They just didn't have the opening, when we needed them. They were able to also help me find a really good temporary solution. However the temporary solution worked so well we didn't want another disruptive move and didn't move here in the end, but they were very gracious about it.