A nice place so far

Mom is doing fairly well since moving into this community. She is participating in some of the daily activities. She seems to like the food. The community is kept clean and they have a nice enclosed courtyard. We liked the western decor and we felt mom would like this as well. the staff have been great and I would recommend this community.

Koelsch Senior Communities

Thank you for spending a few moments writing a review and recommending Saddle Brook Memory Care Community. I am glad that your mom is participating in some of the daily activities and likes the food. Our staff is great, and we will share with our teams. If we can serve you in any way, we would be grateful if you would call our Executive Director.

Good fit for mom

Saddle Brook has made such an improvement on my mom's well-being. She looks so much better and healthier now. The staff is very friendly and really cares about her.There are a lot of activities that she enjoys participating in and that helps to get her moving and not laying in bed all day. She is so much more alert. The food looks good, I have tried their cinnamon rolls, they were really good. They have a community bus that provides outings for the residents, I know of one ride where they went for ice cream. There always seems to be a lot of staff on hand. It is a very clean community and the location is close by so we can visit often. We also want to thank A Place For Mom they were a great help in finding a place for my mom.

Koelsch Senior Communities

Thank you for writing this fantastic review of Saddle Brook Memory Care Community. We love hearing about improvements and terrific learning that your mom is looking better and healthier. I will pass along your kind compliments to our very friendly and caring staff. The cinnamon rolls are delicious! The Director of Activities focuses on a broad range of activities and glad that the bus outing for ice cream was a highlight. If we can serve you in any way, we would be grateful if you would call our Executive Director.

Did not see activities going on...

When I went into the Saddle Brook, my reception was very cordial. When the tour guide took me into the lobby, I noticed many of the residents were in their wheelchairs asleep. I told the tour guide that if my husband saw the lack of activity, he would not want to move in. He said they could make sure that there were not any residents in the lobby when my husband came to look, but that made me a little bit uncomfortable. Also, one of the carpets in the hallways smelled like urine. When I spoke to friends, one mentioned that they had moved from Saddle Brook, but I did not ask why. The employees were extremely nice, but it would not have been a good fit for my husband.

Koelsch Senior Communities

Thank you for touring Saddle Brook Memory Care Community and providing this review. I apologize that our tour guide did not quite understand your comment, but hope he was able to introduce you to our Director of Activities and offer an opportunity for you and your husband to sit in on one of our numerous daily events. Typically, we like to showcase the week’s list of daily activities as well as highlight larger monthly happenings. We will send along your review to our teams and hope you find the perfect spot for your husband. If we can be of further assistance, please contact the Executive Director.

This community is more family oriented.

Dad is still settling into Saddle Brook. Some of the staff members are better than others when it comes to interacting with my dad. The food and the activities are decent. They do keep the community clean and I would recommend it.

Koelsch Senior Communities

Thank you for writing this review and recommending Saddle Brook Memory Care Community. We are glad to hear that your dad is settling in and that he is building a connection with some of our caregivers. We will pass along this review to our teams and please be sure to stay in contact with our Executive Director.

We couldn't have picked a better place for Dad - Love it!

Before making the tough decision to move my 89 yr old father here from out of state due to his advancing dementia, I visited many facilities in the area, and asked a lot of questions. I wanted to find a place where Dad would feel comfortable and at home, and where he would be safe and well cared for 24/7.

Facilities that were not dedicated to memory care dropped off my list quickly, as did those that did not have an RN on site 24/7. I asked for references and called them - and appreciate the honesty of those I spoke with.

Dad has been here for ten months now and I am thankful that we brought him here when we did, and most importantly that we chose Saddlebrook, for so many reasons.
First and foremost are the people and the caring, friendly, "homey" community atmosphere they foster every day. Everyone on staff understands how to positively interact with those affected with memory loss and dementia, and I've learned so much from observing and talking with them.

I also appreciate their willingness to "go the extra mile" and work with families and residents when the going gets rough, and let's face it - there are lots of rough days with dementia! Staff is trained to work with the many behavioral, communication and mood issues as well as the physical issues prevalent with dementia and the elderly. I've always been able to approach staff with questions or requests, and they have been excellent in keeping me informed as well. Dad is always clean and nicely dressed and groomed, and I was happily surprised to learn that he doesn't have to leave to get his haircut or go to the dentist or for regular doctor visits - they come to Saddlebrook regularly.

On a larger scale, Dad had to go to the hospital for surgery and then to rehab this summer and it was very difficult for him in those places (esp. rehab) that were not focused and trained for patients with dementia. He was miserable and I was at my wits end after 2 weeks of rehab so I approached the management team at Saddlebrook and asked for their assistance to enable me to bring Dad back home to Saddlebrook as early as possible. They were wonderfully supportive and helpful and as soon as Dad was back at Saddlebrook his mood improved dramatically. He is back to participating in their outings and activities and is doing well now.

I drop in to visit at various times as my erratic work schedule permits, and I always find the common areas as well as Dad's room to be clean and tidy. There is no "institutional" smell or feel to the place. The living room areas are beautifully decorated and filled with comfortable recliners. I was worried about whether Dad would like the food and I no longer have any concerns. He looks forward to his meals and enjoys them.

I highly recommend Saddlebrook, and I appreciate the compassionate care they provide every day.

Koelsch Senior Communities

FriscoFan, thank you for sharing your father’s story and recommending Saddle Brook Memory Care Community. We appreciate that you took the time to write this review about your dad and the challenges of finding the right community and making it home. We will pass along your kind words to our team and include your insights and thoughts. If we can be of further assistance, please contact the Executive Director.

Positive Atmosphere!!

I had first taken a tour of the community and i really liked it. My loved one would be with great staff and under wonderful care. Unfortunately, things didn't work out and he didn't move here. I would recommend this place they have many helpful services available. The rooms are clean and organized. The staff are all attentive and most importantly my loved one would be in a safe place.

Koelsch Senior Communities

Thank you for spending a few moments writing this thoughtful review and recommending Saddle Brook Memory Care Community. We take great pride in our team and the exceptional care that they provide for our residents, and glad that it showed through on your tour. We are sorry to hear things did not work out and hope your loved one is doing well in another great community. Our Executive Director is always available if we can be of any further assistance.

Very nice place!

Other than a few minor logistical issues in the beginning, our experience with Saddle Brook has been an entirely positive one. The staff here is friendly, professional, and they interact well with the residents. They're kind and patient, and they do a great job looking out for the people who live here. The facility itself is well kept and clean, and has a beautifully decorated and calm environment. I definitely feel like I've found the right place for my Dad!

Very nice place!

We're very pleased with how things have turned out with Saddle Brook, it is a very nice place! The people here are very friendly, and the facility itself is well kept and clean. I would highly recommend them!