Check on your loved ones

Because I live out of state, I did not have the opportunity to view the facility until my sister had been at Rockwell for almost a year. The day I arrived (Sunday) there was only two staff members for at least 15 patients. At one point while the two staff members were in a room attending to a patient, another female patient had successfully taken off her clothes in the hall. My sister's room had 3 beds in it (one bed empty) and there was no soap or hand sanitizer at the sink or anywhere in the room. Neither she nor her roommate had access to drinking water in their room. I was told that she gets a shower twice a week if she is cooperative. She had an extremely bad skin rash on most of her body. She was cold and wet. She had lost a lot of weight. Her bed was a rubber something. I noticed that she and her roommate were allowed to sleep through breakfast. She seemed drugged. I was told that lunch was at [removed] p.m. However, at 11:30 a.m. I insisted she be given food. She was able to walk down the hall to the dining room where she ate all of her food and drank all of her liquids. The next day, Monday, I returned. There was more staff, but the same conditions. Late morning still had not eaten. I had to ask them to feed her. She ate everything! I did not see the residence being stimulated in any way other than watching TV. I did not see the staff engaging with the patients. My sister is no longer there. Also, be aware of EXCESSIVE drug treatment!!

A historic home renovated i...

A historic home renovated into a nursing home. Residents were mostly unengaged. Care givers were very busy but present. Lower end of facilities. Prvtrm=$3500 semi=$3000-3499 (would need assessment). Met with Dawn

Nice

So far so good mom seems to be adjusting well small facility with good service and private rooms

I visited the listed location and rec...

I visited the listed location and received a cordial welcome from the senior staff person present. The facility is a converted old home and is worn. I was impressed with the security measures to keep track of the residents; but, not with the exposed pipes for the sprinkler system. The facility has arrangements for individual, double or triple rooms; but, it is two storr and the singles are on the second floor with only stairwell access.

Visited today-lovely historic home bu...

Visited today-lovely historic home but population not a good fit for our situation -home seems crowded very small rooms-caregivers very nice-seems more appropriate for women

Where else can you go to get 24-hour personal care assistance and therapy services and still feel like you're right at home? We provide quality care and excellent services to your loved one while maintaining dignity and respect.