Prestige Pointe - Grand Blanc, MI

I toured this community for possible placement for my father. Although his situation did not ultimately result in him moving to this community, it was my top choice. The community was clean and the staff was knowledgable. I appreciated their willingnes to be a resource for me. Thank you to the staff.

Prestige Pointe has an excellent team working together helping my mom with a new location. They have changed management in the past six to eight months, it's a great team. Thank you for your assistance helping our family and would this team recommend to many others.

I'm so thankful for the staff at Prestige Pointe. Dad has been happy here for nearly 8 years. He has good care for his Alzheimer's. He is at peace and happy. We are blessed.

This is a place where care for your loved ones comes first, relieving you of stress especially when your family goes left on you when you're trying to do what's right.

Our mother suffered a health set back and after discharge from hospital was sent to rehab. She had a steady decline in mental awareness and developed depression. We decided to bring her home to Prestige Pointe, to her comfort zone. The change in her was immediate and unbelievable. She is smiling again after a horrible two weeks. Thank you Prestige Point Staff.

Having my mother at your facility is very important to me. Your staff are very polite, thoughtful and caring to the residents. Thank you for being here.

I am very pleased with the care my mother receives at Prestige Pointe. She likes the independent feeling she has, yet knows if she needs anything, there is always someone there. When I have a question or concern, it is addressed promptly, and it is clear that the resident care comes first. My mom has lived at Prestige almost a year, and I have yet to worry about her care, as I know her Prestige "guardian angels" are watching over her. I rate four stars instead of five only because the building itself is in need of updates and repairs.

Great experience

Everytime I visit with my Aunt [Removed], I come away in total appreciation for all of you who work at Prestige pointe. You are all amazing people. The family parties and dances are such fun. Aunt [Removed] family that live out of state appreciate all the updates and pictures. Thank you for all the wonderful ways you share your love with those you serve. You are all in my heart.

A happy home...

This place is wonderful. Clean, organized and very bright. The management and staff are friendly, kind and I see compassion for their clients. My loved one is happy with the menu and the extra snacks. They provide crafts, field trips, beauty salon, an in house physician, fun games and attention. It always smells so good. I have never experienced bad odors. All I can say is. Check this facility out. My loved one is VERY happy and content. She is always clean, too. Music really makes her happy and they provide that also. 5 stars from me and my Family.. Highly recommended....

No activities?

I was not too happy with this facility. They advertise that they do activities hourly, but when I went to visit, there were no activities being done. I didn't like the fact that they weren't entirely truthful in their advertisement.

Prestige Pointe

We appreciate your feedback regarding activities. We recently had a change in management and have started a more comprehensive activities program. This has allowed us to make activities more resident specific. Some activities are done in a group setting while others are being done with individual residents based on their needs. We would encourage you to stop by and see the variety of changes and activities that are happening at Prestige Pointe. Again thank you for your feedback.

Please do your research on this place before you consider putting your family member here

I have first hand experience with the new administrator [Removed], very good at what she does however the new people whom just bought it a few months ago are the definition of "it's all about the money" these new owners are not concerned about your loved ones or their own employees. If you love your family member like I do PLEASE DO NOT put them there! I fact just investigate the place AND the management and the ones that are running the day to day things for yourself and you will be horrified to even consider this cold and lack of compassion this place is really about. [Removed] did a wonderful job turning this place around in such a short time that her thank you was to be walked out right after she single handed had that place pass State. They will use the suffering of your loved one and your money to fill their own pockets with little compassion for its residents.. INVESTIGATE THIS PLACE and pass on the horrible reputation this place had until [Removed] started turning this place around

Prestige Pointe

Thank you for your feedback regarding the change of management. In June of 2017 we did undergo a management change here at Prestige Pointe. Since then many positive changes have occurred such as improved quality of care. We understand how difficult it can be when you become familiar with one person and build a rapport, and then a change occurs. People leave for many reasons and it is our goal to limit and prevent these changes if possible. We would encourage you to stop and visit Prestige Pointe and meet the new management team and see the positive changes. Again we appreciate your feedback.

Friendly staff, they were very helpful.

Specializing in Memory and Dementia Care

Prestige Pointe is the perfect place for a loved-one with dementia. The care team is trained in "Montessori Moments in Time" life enrichment programming and the environment is smaller and less overwhelming than some of the assisted living communities out there. Most importantly, the residents are happy!

I took a tour!

I also toured PResitge Pointe. The place was clean and maintained nicely. The staff was all friendly and the person that took me around was very informative. It was a good experience, but not the best fit for my loved one.

Worse than a dump

This place is worse then a dump my Mom who is for the most part able to care for herself [Removed] (theres a police report at the Grand Blanc police department) I am a rn my Mom called me several times because there was no staff, I would leave Ann Arbor go to Prestige Pointe only to find NO staff.. My Mom was not given her medication. On severa days which lead to a heat attack. MY Dad who is in the military had to help feed several residents on different occasions.
The first day my Mom was there back in July her phone was stolen I was promised by Shannon the director and Ashley the nurse the phone would be reimbursed, I turn the recipe into Ashley before she left for vacation. It's now January 2017 I still have not been reimbursed.
If you want your loved one to survive please please don't put them at prestige point!
Meds are never ever on time if they are given at all

Prestige Pointe

Thank you so much for your feedback. We are sorry to hear that this was your experience. We are happy to inform you that in June of 2017, we had undergone a management change and have a new management company overseeing Prestige Pointe. Since then our staff has received extensive training in both areas of staffing and medication management. The goal of our management team is to ensure staffing needs are met and proper care is being provided at all times. Both our executive director and our director of nursing are providing ongoing oversight to the schedule and medication management to ensure the highest quality of care is being provided. We truly appreciate your feedback.

Dark and Gloomy!

During my tour of the Prestige Pointe, I noticed that the place was very dark. The rooms had very little sunlight, and the main area was not vert cheerful. It seemed like the only option the residents had was to either sit in their rooms or sit in the main area. The place had a bad urine smell as well.

Prestige Pointe

Thank you for your feedback regarding Prestige Pointe. Since we had a management changing in June 2017, there have been several positive changes taking place including changes to the common areas, resident rooms, and a new housekeeping routine. We would love for you to visit us again so you can see all of the wonderful improvements that have been made.

I would not recommend this community!

The staff at this community were nice, however they seemed to only be working for their paycheck. The last few days my loved one lived there they did not have sheets or blankets on their bed and they did not take care of their personal needs. The food was not good.

Prestige Pointe

Thank you so much for your feedback We apologize that you had a negative experience with the staff at Prestige Pointe. In June of 2017, we had a management change and there has been extensive staff training done since then. All team members are hired with the focus that they are compassionate and caring towards our residents, going above and beyond when caring for their everyday needs. We have also hired a new Dining Services Supervisor and have seen a great improvement in the food that is served. We would like to invite you to stop by and see the positive changes.

Working Out Well

Everything is working out very well for my husband here at this community. They are very kind and friendly. The community looks good. There is nice food and good activities. The staff is accommodating and very helpful. Overall they are caring for him and I would recommend this community.

Horrible Place

Well this is a horrible place, and they do not care about the residents what so ever and only a little bit of the care staff do. The executive director and the maintenance man think they own the place and they don't. They both suck, and need to get better work ethic . They will try to make you think it is a good place and put on a good act but really it is not a good place to put a loved one in. There has been so much down fall from this place and it should be shut down. I beg you put your loved one in a better facility where they will get better love and care. There is multiple problems with this [place, they lose the resident stuff, the medications are not properly given or ordered. They have an excuse for everything. I believe these residents deserve better and people who actually care. The upper management do not know what they are doing what so ever. They only care about themselves and what they can do to go to work making money without actually doing something.

Prestige Pointe

Thank you for your feedback regarding your concerns about management and medication management. In June of 2017, we had a management change in Prestige Pointe. Since then a new executive director and a new facilities manager have been put in place. The new management company has provided extensive training to all management and care staff in regard to resident care, medication management, and overall team work. We are happy to say there have been many positive changes are Prestige Pointe and we would love for you to stop by and have a much different experience.

Very Caring Loving Staff

My mother is very well and seems to be adjusting well to this community. This community is a special one they have a very caring loving staff here. They really care about your loved one and they are very attentive and responsive. The facility is clean and neat looks great, her room a little small but okay for her. They do offer a lot of activities that my mother enjoys. I would highly recommend this community because the staff have really gone above and beyond.

sad

My father has been here about 2 years. This place has problems. Wasn't very good when he first got here. Was hoping I could solve a few of the problems. Because it seems like a nice place, and they charge a LOT of money. But they keep getting worse. When the new company took over. Some things started getting worse. And now that jane has left. They are worse than that. I am forced to start looking for a better place to care for my father. The service has gone downhill and the prices are being raised.
There are some employees that care. But certainly not all of them. The new manager in charge. Has refused to contact me. The nurse in charge has never contacted me. I have requested the nurse in charge go over my fathers needs about 4 months ago. But there has been 2 different ones since then. And none of them have contacted me. There are many problems with my fathers care. I do not recommend this place for anyone with loved ones with Dimensia or memory loss issues. They just made a new rule. From now on, if your relative needs diapers. You have to go buy them,(I used to pay extra and they would order them, now I have to actually shop for them) and the gloves used to change them. Since other items of my fathers are shared, or lost. I imagine these will be too. I have purchased 11 cell phones for my father. They keep claiming they accidently wash them. But I have checked my fathers phones. they are loaded to the max. With sales calls and a multitude of advertising text messages from many companies. Like some one has been using his phone. He is not able, he can barely hit the one number to call me.

Prestige Pointe

Thank you for your feedback. We are so sorry to hear that this was your experience. However we are happy to let you know that as of June 2017, a new management company took over at Prestige Pointe. Since then a new management team has been put into place, including a new director of nursing. Many positive changes have taken place since the new management company has come on board including increased quality of care and better communication with our residents' families. We would love for you to stop by and see the positive changes that have taken place at Prestige Pointe.

Not so friendly night staff

Prestige Pointe is very clean. They are very friendly, and very welcoming. I have not experienced this, but from what my loved one has told me, some of the night staff are not very friendly to the residents.

Dark

I was very disappointed in this community. I felt that it was very depressing, the room, the common rooms, everything. The rooms were very dark. There was a shared bathroom, like in a hospital setting. The rooms were very small, and not inviting. I didn't find anything about my visit cheerful.

Prestige Pointe

Thank you for your feedback regarding Prestige Pointe. Since we have had a management change in June of 2017, multiple positive changes have taken place including changes to the common areas and resident rooms. We have worked to brighten up the community and make it more cheerful for residents and guests. We would love for you to visit us to see the improved and more cheerful common areas and resident rooms.

Not a good choice

The rooms for the dementia patients were the size of a large walk in closet and like a dungeon, I would never put my Mom there in a million years. There is a bathroom with a toilet and sink shared by two rooms. A shower is down the hall for all patients to use.

Felt dark and dreary inside

We toured this place when we were looking into care options for my loved one. I was not impressed by what I saw here and I didn't like the feel of the community. The inside just felt very dark and depressing, and I didn't think it would be a good atmosphere for a memory care patient.

Prestige Pointe

Thank you for your feedback regarding Prestige Pointe. We have had a new management company take over in June of 2017 and since then multiple positive changes have taken place including changes to the common areas and resident rooms. We have worked to brighten up the community and make it more cheerful for residents and guests. We would love for you to visit us to see the improved and more cheerful common areas and resident rooms.

Talked with director serveral times. ...

Talked with director serveral times. Have two buildings. One assisted living and other for people with dementia and alzheimers. $3300/mo. includes all meals, meds, care and cleaning. The have staff that is trained in handling people wiwth alzheimers. She says their meals are delicious.

I visited the location and was reason...

I visited the location and was reasonably impressed with the appearance of the place and the reception I received by the director. I like the newness of the place and the fact that it is on one level.

I visited the location and was reason...

I visited the location and was reasonably impressed with the appearance of the place and the reception I received by staff. This was the first place I visited, so I was just getting acquainted with the kind of experience a resident could expect. I like the newness of the place and the fact that it is on one level. I don't know enough about the cost options.

We are an all-inclusive Assisted Living/Memory Care campus. We are dedicated to providing your loved ones with the ultimate in dignity, self-fulfillment and quality of care. Our Montessori-based approach to dementia care is unparalleled in our community and our seniors enjoy a very individualized life enrichment program. Stop by and enjoy a homemade lunch from our kitchen with Teresa or Terri!