Caretel Inns of Linden - Linden, MI

Tour for family

We were at this community for a short time for care. It was not a good time when we were here . The staff were nice, but sometimes they were late on getting her medication .The meals need some improvement. We would suggest that other families tour this community for the care that is available for a loved one.

So far so good at Care-Tel

These are my first impressions of Care-Tel after two months of service for my mother. While she was initially apprehensive, my mom is very appreciative of the care she is getting. She likes the food, and someone regularly checks up on her.

Care-Tel is quiet and orderly. The caregivers seem well-trained, friendly, and generally attentive. Of course, I would appreciate them to be even more attentive, as my mom struggles with her dementia and is quite withdrawn.

The medical staff is available and knowledgeable.

Management seems professional and courteous.

This is a large facility, but each of several sections are somewhat independent. It is spacious and clean, and the caregivers keep their daily responsibilities on a good schedule, as far as I can tell. Meals are prompt. My mom is not yet brave enough to jump into the activities, but they, too, seem to be well-coordinated and prompt. Guests seem to get the attention they need, but in our case, I would like them to be more assertive in their encouragement.

I appreciate the effort put forth by this staff. With many variations of guests to support, I have yet to hear even a hint of exasperation from any employee.

For my mom here at Care-Tel, so far so good.

The facility looked good!

When I toured Cartel Inns of Linden, it was very clean and the facility seemed to be in good shape. However, there were not many openings for my loved one at this facility.

My parents were here for rehab. Terrible nursing care.

Highly Recommended!!

When my mother was first going to move in, they only had a shared room available. When we saw it, it's nothing like we had in mind! The room has a wall separating the 2 beds and each side have its own big window and furniture and my mother loves it! The place has multiple levels of care with hallways big enough to fit her wheelchair so when I visit we are able to walk around without having to go outside. The staff takes very good care of the residents. They have alot of activities, always something going on. They have music exercise, bouncing ball, and arts an d crafts just to name a few. Also, in the gathering area, they have a large closed area with birds, my mother loves to sit there and watch them. When we leave to walk around, my Mother is always happy to return to her area.

They offer a lot of activities such as cocktail hour and demonstrations!!!

Mom is improving physically at Caretel. We did have a minor issue with some of her medication doses, however they have worked to correct his issue. I have not seen any registered nurses in the assisted living wing. The community is nice but I think the housekeeping could be a little better. They do not have a lot of food options but the food is good. I am not sure I would recommend this community. I would say to do your homework when looking into this community.