RMR Residential Care Facility - Long Beach, CA

I found the facility clean ...

I found the facility clean and the pricing competitive. I did not feel there were a lot of activities for the residents. Also, the owner referred to the elderly as 'big babies' we are just 'babysitting big babies' - I thought that comment was inappropriate and made me feel he didn't really care about the residents. Needless to say I will not be considering this property for my mother regardless of the price.

Visit

I visited the properties for potential placement for my mother. I met with the owner who gave me a tour. I felt both homes were clean. They had only a few clients in both home and the price I thought was competitive and liked the fact there was no deposit required. However, I was taken aback at a few of the comments made by the owner. He referred to the elder clients as "big babies" he said well you know we are "babysitting" big babies. In reality I realize some elderly people may act like children and need the care level of infants. However, I feel that is a highly inappropriate comment to make to a family member especially a potential client. I also got the feeling they did not have a lot of activities besides watching tv.

They do a really good job

My mom has been there for a couple of weeks and she's having a hard time but she has dementia so she's still adjusting. She's used to living alone.

They're very caring. At this point we have no complaints. My mom seems clean and well cared for. I think they do a really nice job. If there are any issues, they call you right away. I'm thankful she's there.

My mom is not really a breakfast eater but she says lunches and dinners are good. I go around dinner time and it looks and smells really good.

I don't think they really have any activities. I'm hoping they'll have more things to do than just sit around but right now, my mom is adjusting, so I'm not sure how much she'll be able to do anyway. So far, from what we see, they do a really good job.

Spent an hr talking to owner and look...

Spent an hr talking to owner and looking at the two homes.owner lives two doors down. One hm has two folk & 3 caregivers.

Tour; Very clean home, quiet lots of ...

Tour; Very clean home, quiet lots of attention but not what they need at this point.

excellent owner, 2 homes together, OK...

excellent owner, 2 homes together, OK area, exceptionally clean homes, near #710 & Willow Blvd. offramp, quote $2,400 then dropped to $1,800. A Finanlist.

A brand new 6 beds facility situated in a very nice and quiet neighborhood near Long Beach Memorial Hospital. A warm and loving home atmosphere that is home away from home.