Very nice facility, this is exactly what my Mother is looking for "Independent Living"
The apartments we toured were very nice, [Removed] was very knowledgeable and very helpful with answering all our questions.

Great experience!

My loved one is having a wonderful stay so far! The staff are very nice and very accommodating, and the facility looks very nice. My loved one also gets plenty of opportunities to get out and socialize with residents. We have no complaints so far!

The Community Is Serving It's Purpose

We are doing just beautiful. The waitstaff in dining hall are wonderful, the food is so so but we didn't come for that. The residents are nice and friendly, that is what we wanted. On the tour we came for lunch and there was conversation through out the dining hall. They have transportation available with no charge. We go out to lunch once a month with all the residents. There are 3-4 pianos in the community and there is always music playing. They take our needs seriously, I can't give them a better recommendation.

Not for me!

I don't like it here personally. The place is not for me. It is not maintained very well, and neither is my apartment. There are other residents here who love it, but I personally do not.

I like it here.

I like it here. Most of the food I have rather liked. Generally speaking the person who runs the kitchen tries to keep the variety good. They have lots of different things to do, and will take you to a restaurant or something, there are field trips and they have transportation for doctors appointments. The rooms are a little differently configured than you would expect, as it used to be a hotel, and it's nice and quiet, and the hallways are wide. The people are pretty friendly and welcoming, both the staff and the other residents. I am one of the younger residents, you have to be able to be independent, but they do seem to be an older generation here.

My Tour Was Good

I thought River Commons was a nice and clean community. They were very nice people and staff here. The tour went good but found out they only have independent living. I was looking for more levels for the future.

Very Nice Facility with Beautiful Grounds!

This is a very nice facility for the money. Mom's room was recently remodeled with new carpet and beautiful plank flooring in the kitchen. The Alcove apartment is very roomy compared to some other facilities that we toured. And the bathroom is very large too.
The lobby and dining areas are also very nice. Mom loves the food there, which is very important. There are lot's of Holiday decorations and a general happy feeling everywhere.

The only recommendation I would make is to ask that the facility have a dedicated 'activities' coordinator - someone who plans and facilitates the parties, events, activities, etc. The staff there seems to be a little skimpy, except on the kitchen side, and I think they could definitely use someone who initiate an upbeat attitude with the residents. When Mom was new she didn't know who to go to with questions or concerns, except the front desk and oftentimes they didn't know or didn't have an answer.

More activities would be helpful -- coordination with the Cultural Center activities more often. I haven't seen much of that or much participation.

But generally speaking, a very nice facility with beautiful grounds!!!

Great choice for Mom's needs!

Support staff very friendly, patient and helpful.
Activities for the day are posted on a daily basis around the facility.
Residents support and encourage each other.
My mother loves the fact that there is a Catholic mass service each week on premises.

We Are So Pleased with River Commons!

Our experience at River Commons has been wonderful!

Karen, the manager, is very professional and knowledgeable. She made the entire process (from touring the facility to moving our relative into the facility) a very positive experience. It is obvious that the residents truly love her. She is a very kind and patient person and it is apparent in all her actions that she is passionate about her job.

The facility is always clean and the residents always seem to be happy and very pleasant.

We are very comfortable knowing that our relative is part of a community that is managed by Karen.

We love it here

We love it here. No cooking, no shopping, no cleaning up.
The staff is great. Our apartment is adequate for our needs.
We even have our small dog with us.

The food is just okay, but we are okay with it.

it's been great

My dad is staying at River Commons in Port Charlotte, FL. The experience has been really great. He enjoys it and we are very well satisfied, and would highly recommend it to others.

No Assisted Living

They did not have assisted living at River Commons. They had a nurse or a doctor on staff but that's not the same thing. If you needed a little bit of care then you would have to move. There is a pool which my mom would have liked but we ended up going with a place where if you are in need, you can go up to several different levels of care so that she could stay at the same place.

River Commons Senior Living Community is an exceptional independent community for adults 55+ located in the heart of the Port Charlotte/Punta Gorda area. All our services are inclusive, without a community entrance fee. River Commons is close to shopping, banks, churches, doctors and medical centers and just minutes from Charlotte Harbor. Our community features comfortable and well-appointed common areas and lounges newly decorated in the Bahama-style. Each apartment (studios, great rooms, and one- and two- bedroom floor plans, each with kitchenette) has a screened patio or lanai and our heated pool has an inviting deck area, perfect for entertaining or just relaxing.