The Venetian Gardens - Venice, FL

Outstanding retirement community.

When selecting menu, often they run out and too must choose something else.

We are so pleased with the care and service provided by all of the staff at Venetian Gardens. My mom could not be happier. She has made wonderful friends and feels so at home. Thank you for taking the extra steps or going the extra mile.

Beautiful, warm community. The people working there were involved, engaging and caring.
There was just a feeling of home. The residents all seemed happy as they passed by on their way.
The calendar was loaded with lots of activities.

Clean environment, welcoming and accommodating staff. It felt like a true community that is full of life.

Beautiful community. The staff are pleased and helpful. The food served was delicious and enjoyable. There is a wide range of activities to keep occupied, including pool, billiards, table tennis, a library, wii sports, and much more. They even have a pop-corn machine!

I have lived here over a years now and should have moved here sooner – so much better than living with family - many activities and pampering. The staff here couldn’t be nicer to us because they care. I tell everyone I meet about living here at Venetian Gardens, my home away from home.

We loved the facility and the staff from the moment we met them. My mother is extremely excited to move into Venetian Gardens.
[Removed] was absolutely wonderful to our entire family.
Take the plunge! Move in!

Review of The Venetian Gardens - Venice, FL

Very pleasant- with lots of activities, and always helpful & available staff.

Review of The Venetian Gardens - Venice, FL

I am very happy here. The staff is very good & helpful. Everyone seems to get along well with others. Food is good. The apartment is kept well by house cleaner.

Dignified Independent Senior Living

The Venetian Gardens in Venice, FL is an impeccably maintained facility filled with a staff of smiling faces. With an abundance of activities available and a friendly community of fellow residents, The Venetian Gardens has the feel of a college dorm without the classes. The facility includes a well stocked library, exercise room, media room, billiards and table tennis, religious services, and sing-a-longs. Private duty assistance is available. Home health nursing, physical, occupational, and/or speech therapies are also offered on site. Both provided by trusted third party companies. Local pharmacies offer delivery service and the community bus is available to shuttle you around town. The Venetian Gardens is the pinnacle of dignified independent senior living.

My mother and I toured this facility after a few others, and got an immediate sense of the camaraderie and commitment to making residents feel like family. If you're looking for a place to feel welcomed and looked after, this would be a great choice. Also, beautiful, open feeling inside, and large, screened pool with cabana and morning shade outside on attractive grounds. The living quarters are roomy and include a screened-in balcony, but, negative for us, no oven, stove, microwave, or even suitable space for a microwave. There IS a full kitchen on the main floor, for those residents who'd like to cook every now and then, but it was unfortunate to us to have that as the option. I would like to visit my mom and cook her yummy items she can feast on when she doesn't feel like eating with the others--that's kind of a tradition for us, so it's important. However, for those residents who have no interest in cooking and just want to be fed, it wouldn't be a problem. That's really the only thing we didn't really like; other than that, Pennie and the rest of the staff were wonderful, and many of the residents came up to us of their own accord and told us how much they enjoyed living there, and how welcomed she would be, which was a great indication to us of resident satisfaction for those who want to be a part of things. Very impressive place, and I'd recommend it to visit--especially if cooking is not important. Aside from that, and a very small gym (two pieces of the same equipment), it's a wonderful place.

Very attractive community. Independent living with "ala carte " services provided as the resident requires more assistance. Awesome concept. My Mother was very impressed after her tour.

Good Looking Community!

Our tour of The Venetian Gardens went great. The staff was very friendly and answered all of our questions. The place was very clean and organized. It was a positive atmosphere.

Really liked this community. Only downside is that my Mom still likes to cook. Kitchens are not included in units. Studio was a little small, but really liked the one bedroom. Very clean, very bright and cheerful. Price is a problem

I picked this as they treat the residents like family!!

The staff at at this community treat my mom like family. The nurse on staff is the most lovely person. Mom is really happy with the food and they offer a variety of choices. They offer a variety of daily activities including exercise class and bingo. This is a clean community and I would recommend it.

We love this community!!

I am very pleased with The Venetian Gardens. The staff are attentive. This is a clean well taken care of community. They offer daily activities. I have tried the food and it is good.

Great

Right now things aren't going too well. My Mother In Law was only there for two days before something happened to her back. It was through no fault of the facility. She has been in the hospital since then. Right now she is in rehab. I don't know if we are going to be able to take her back to The Venetian. They are great there though, there were no problems.

Activities, fun, and sun

There seems to be lots of activities here, which was one of the main things that we were looking for. Dad loves it here and if he is happy, we are happy. Great place. Very friendly, genuine and professional.

Overall we are pretty satisfied

She's pretty good at The Venetian Gardens. The food seems to be fine. The people there are nice. I have no complaints at this point. It seems to be a good place for her. Overall we are pretty satisfied with our experience so far.

It's lovely, very nice.

It's lovely, very nice. It's going to take a while to adjustment. We go there everyday it's very clean, we loved how clean it is, it's one of the reasons we chose them. We haven't had any issues. They were very reasonably priced.

All inclusive 5 star final getaway

Venetian Gardens has been a God send for my Mother and our family. She is 92, and although she is independent, she has lost her sight and hearing. and therefore needs some T.L.C. to help her transition into her new home. She found that compassion with the extraordinary resident managers, Lanett & Mike,/and Tom & Jean. They not only help to serve meals, troubleshoot in the kitchen ,but also interact with residents (24/7)all day long. We feel truly blessed that we found a wonderful "home" for our "Great Nana".
We are still hopeful to find some bridge players to further engage her in activities, but with the Venetian community assistance, we know it's just a matter of time. Thanks so much.

The Sisters

My 90 year old mother-in-law and her 88 year old sister love Venetian Gardens. As a first experience leaving their condo in Indian Rocks Beach we had previously had them at an assisted living facility here in Venice for only one month. It turned into a very difficult situation for them both as we weren't warned this facility held a high rate of memory care patients. These women are not complainers but they finally had to tell us how unhappy they were. My husband and I felt terrible and wanted to find them a better place quickly. The person I spoke to at A Place for Mom listened to our situation and as to what these women really needed. He helped us get them into a situation which fit their mental, physical and social needs. They feel they've "come home" and they are comfy and cozy in a very clean environment, We can all rest knowing that that they're safe and secure where they are now and it helps that they love the food there! This is a quality place and the price is half of the assisted living facility we had them in. A win-win all around.

I thought this community wa...

I thought this community was very nice. The 2 apartments that I looked at were not quite what I had in mind.

Great Rehab and Facility

He doing well, as well as can be expected with his problems and so forth. He has a double room, like a nursing home. For what it is they are very nice and neat and clean. The people seem to be very nice and thoughtful and caring. Rehab is nice, and they have all kinds of rehab for them. Everyone there is a very high level of care, and they are able to handle all of them.

3 day stay

My Husband and I just spent 3 days at this beautiful Residence. We met and spoke to several residents. 99% of them were very pleased and happy that they were there. The food was very good. The presentation was nice. The Chef came out at every meal to speak to the people eating. We were very pleased with our apt. it was clean and nice. Lots of things to do. Entertainment everyday. The Bus takes residents shopping to malls and doctor appts.
Of course, some People do not want to get up at 8 o'clock for breakfast. every apt. has a regular size refridgerator, sink and their own Microwave for their own use.
Needless to say after looking at several Residences, we were very pleased with Venetian Gardens
We hope to be able to move into our apt. in the near future. The Operating Staff couldn't be nicer. Very informative .

Some very mean residents

Our main complaint was the attitude of some of the residents there. When you go to sit at a table you were refused a spot there, they said they were waiting for someone and that was against Venetians rules. We got caged away from different tables different times and I wrote that in our complaint to the manager, which she addressed, and sent out a slip to all of the people there about it, I heard it's still going on. I was also turned away at bingo, I went to sit down and they said "we've been sitting here for 4-5 years," they weren't going to move and they weren't going to let me sit was their attitude.
There were several people that were very nice, the majority of them were nice and we had a beautiful apartment so we liked that.

Dad like it

We chose Venetian Gardens because it was close to the community my dad was already living in so it allowed him to be a little more familiar with the area. He really liked the location and ended up liking the community. We are please with the community and would recommend it to anyone.

We looked at 3 or 4 places ...

We looked at 3 or 4 places & liked Venetian Gardens best. We will be moving in July.

Built on beautifully landscaped grounds in the heart of Venice, you’ll love the elegant grace of our facilities and the charm of our new community. Our Venetian residents enjoy the convenience of being close to shopping, restaurants, golf and excellent healthcare.

Our all-inclusive month-to-month rent covers:
- Three delicious and nutritious chef-prepared meals from scratch
- A variety of enriching activities
- Weekly housekeeping and linen service
- Transportation
- Most utilities

Friends in 300 places

Built with your comfort and safety in mind