• Weekly Exercise
  • 24-hour Emergency Call Response
  • 24-Hour Security
  • Availability of licensed nursing staff 24-hours per day
  • On-site Maintenance Personnel

My mother lives here. I think it is a very nice place. Very clean and they take very good care of her.
All the employees are very nice and always ready to help.

Lorraine

Hi P.D. - Thank you for taking the time to award our community 5-Stars. We are so happy to hear that your mother is enjoying her time and that our staff are courteous and helpful. We strive to put our Members first, always and go above and beyond to make sure that they have the best experience possible at our community.

We looked at a lot of these places (at least 8) from Florida to New York and decided RidgeCrest met our requirements best. So far we have not been disappointed.

Hi Bud and Lucy -
Thank you so much for taking the time to award RidgeCrest 5 stars! We're so happy that you chose us out of all of the communities that you've visited. Our staff are dedicated to helping our Members live longer, happier and healthier lives! We enjoy having you both at RidgeCrest, if there is anything we can do to better serve you in the future please let us know!

RidgeCrest is a wonderful place to live. Residents come from a variety of background, which makes for interesting conversation. The staff is focused on well-being and is open to suggestions. The meals are fine and the chef welcomes input and seeks to respond to new dish suggestions and we have Genesis rehab on campus – it’s a big big plus. Check this place out.

Lorraine

Hi Norma - Thank you for taking the time to review our community and give it 5 Stars! We are so happy that you are pleased with our large selection of dining options and we appreciate the input from our residents! Genesis rehabilitation is a great service provided in our community and helps our Members with rehabilitation without leaving the comfort of the community! We exist to serve our Members and are happy that you've had such a great experience. Please let us know if there is anything that we can do to better serve you in the future!

Enjoy not having to maintain the house

My wife and I have been here for 2.5 years. Honestly, we only looked at RidgeCrest. It was close. We knew that there was no buy in. We just figured that once we were ready to retire, we would move to RidgeCrest. We decided that it was time to move when we started having to pay people to help maintain our house. It suits us very well. We are involved with all kinds of things. We exercise and go swimming. I was the President of the Resident Council for 2 years. There are a lot of activities- always something for going on. We no longer have to pay property taxes, maintain the house or yard cook or clean the house. We are down to one car as that is all we need. There is one thing that we should warn you about. The food is so good that you can easily put on weight. Good thing we have the wellness classes. When we moved here, there was a guest villa. We miss having that space for family and visiting friends as it was one of the benefits that mattered to us when we were moving. Come and check out RidgeCrest! Take advantage of the Lunch and Learn. You get a free meal. I advise you to talk with members.

Lorraine

Thank you for leaving a review. We are thrilled to hear how you are continuing to write your story at RidgeCrest.

Absolutely Love It!

I have been here for three years and I love it - absolutely love it! I joke that they are going to have to pry me out of here with my fingernails dragging. I came from Miami, after serving for 44 years as a high school teacher. My requirements for a retirement community were that is was quiet, clean and safe. I looked at hundreds of communities all over Florida and up along the east coast. I wanted to leave Florida to get away from the hurricane season. Georgia was also out due to its similar climate. South Carolina and North Carolina became my primary search areas and with a proximity to family. I was also looking for excellent medical facilities which drew me to Winston-Salem. RidgeCrest was in the top running. I visited 3 times and wanted to be sure that this would be the right place for me. I wanted one move- period. I have actually gotten well-er since being here. I am very happy and have made many friends. I am involved as much as I physically can be. I cook a lot and provide fresh baked goods to the other members at RidgeCrest. My advice is don’t wait, enjoy all that retirement has to offer while you can. There is something for everyone. I am thrilled that I made this decision while still in my 60s. There are activities for all wellness levels.

Lorraine

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. We are thrilled that you are enjoying, or loving, your life at RidgeCrest. We are so happy that RidgeCrest met and continues to meet your criteria.

Found our Retirement Criteria in RidgeCrest

My wife and I left the area for my office with the State Health Program. Then after retiring, we moved back and worked a farm. We then decided to travel the world. We rented an apartment splitting our time here at RidgeCrest for 6 months and then 6 months in Florida. We then found we were spending 4 months packing and unpacking. We decided to buy a house in Florida where we stayed until we were looking for a retirement community. After looking in Florida, we decided to look back at RidgeCrest and were pleased to see that many of the same staff were still working. They remembered us and were extremely helpful in the move back to RidgeCrest. There is a saying that you can’t go home again but as I was a local from birth, it feels as though I am home. My wife served as the President of Resident’s Council and I am on the Board of Directors. I participate in the chair yoga when I can. I usually exercise everyday either here or at a local gym. We are involved in many of the activities. Last week, I gave a presentation on our trip to Greece. Thank goodness that we are not as busy here as we were in Florida but we are still busy. We had to maintain our home in Florida which we do not have to do here. We have been able to say goodbye to the little stresses in life. Our criteria for a retirement community was three-fold with good healthcare that is accessible and of high quality, compatible community where we could enjoy the other members and they enjoy us, Recreation was important. We found all three here. The hospital is only 3 miles away and is certified. There are 3 medical schools accessible in less than 2 hours. The sub specialties are all covered. This is my hometown, born and raised. I am happy to be back as I know a lot of people.

Lorraine

We appreciate you taking the time to leave a review. We also appreciate both your wife and you serving on committees at the community. We are thrilled that you have found all you are looking for in RidgeCrest.

You worked hard for years to build up equity in your house. Now you want to enjoy the fruits of your labor by ridding yourself of the burdens of home ownership. Many retirement communities require you to spend your hard earned equity simply to move there.

At RidgeCrest, Mount Airy’s Premier Retirement Community, you don’t have to. You can enjoy all that life has to offer by renting a beautiful apartment home.

From chef cooked meals prepared fresh daily, on site Wellness Center, and healthcare staffed by a Registered Nurse, RidgeCrest offers a high quality of life at very affordable rates.

With one and two-bedroom apartments, RidgeCrest has comfortable home plans for every need or desire. And with 24-hour staff and push button security, you’ll never feel safer in your own home.

Call 336-786-9100 today for an appointment to learn how you can live The Weller Life® living at RidgeCrest. Affordable, carefree retirement living with no upfront equity, that’s living the RidgeCrest life!