Regency Retirement Village – Tuscaloosa - Tuscaloosa, AL

A positive experience

The people mom met at this community seemed nice. The community looked clean. They seem to offer some nice activities. The community we chose had a great move in deal at the time we were looking.

My great community for care.

I am very happy with moving into this nice community. The community has the great staff that is caring and always make sure that things are taken care of. The community offers great activities that are offered for us to participate. They have a lot of healthy meals with a good variety. I would highly recommend this community to other families.

The Best Deal With The Most To Offer

I'm doing well in this community. I like it very much here. I picked them because it was the best deal with the most inclusive. I have a garden room with 3 meals a day. I'm not really big on activities but I do attend some the activities they offer. The meals are pretty good. The staff are very helpful.

A new home for dad

my father and I went to tour this community for a home forb my father., I liked the staff and they were helpful with all my questions. It was very clean and taken care of. I liked that they would have had good activities. I would recommend this for families to consider for good care

Fantastic facility and staff!! Well organized and we'll run organization. Lots of activities and lots of amenities for the fee charged. Awesome facility!!!

Ended up being disappointed

My mother was at Regency for almost two years. I was very impressed at first. Everyone seemed so nice and kind, especially Donna. She was always very nice and helpful...as well as June. The director, Crystal, on the other hand, was nice at first but after my mother became very sick due to an infection, she became very defensive when I asked if my mother had the infection before she went to the hospital. Not only did my mother develop a very bad infection, which eventually spread to her bone, her toe developed wet grangrene and had to be removed. When my mom went to the hospital, her white blood cell count was very high, but Crystal said that the infection was acquired after she got to the hospital. My mom wasn't the easiest person to deal with all of the time, BUT she deserved the proper care. She was on medications that I was not aware, which I found strange. I was very pleased with the very first head nurse and director when my mother first got arrived to Regency. She was caring and pleasant to talk to. The facilities were always clean and the price was great compared to other assisted living facilities. Towards the end of my mother's stay, I noticed a decline. Unfortunately, after my mother left Regency to go to the hospital, she ended up passing about 6-8 weeks later. I thought having her at a facility like Regency would be much better than being at a nursing home, but I was wrong. If you decide to take your parents there, just make sure stay on top of them.

better choices out there

Regency Place is only concerned about making money. My mother has resided at Regency Place for 5 years. Her rent has been raised [removed] every year. To get a toilet repaired takes numerous requests. Their staff changes frequently because they pay next to nothing instead of paying a decent wage and keeping people. I would look elsewhere.

nursing staff in memory care is excellent

Regency Retirement Village is going well. The nursing staff in memory care is excellent. The price is right. Their building could stand to be updated a little bit but I don't think there is anything they can do about that really. I am very pleased with this facility.

The people at Regency are what makes this place great. Lots of activities and personal attention for the residents.

Very Helpful

So far it has been very helpful and I feel comfortable leaving my mother there. The area is always clean and fresh. There are never any odors. The staff has been wonderful. They are very accommodating. The care services are excellent. They are always keeping an eye on my mother to make sure she is safe. This is a really good community. I would highly recommend it. it is very nice.

Review of Regency Retirement Village Alzheimer's / Memory Care in Tuscaloosa, AL

The residents seemed happy and the staff was very friendly and helpful. The reason I give it a 3 is that is seemed too big and not many outdoor porch/patio areas readily accessible. You have to bring your own refrigerator.

It is going well and I am finding it adequate.

This is my first time in any kind of retirement community. For the most part the staff is friendly, some are a little friendlier than others. The activities could use a little more variety, it would be nice to have some more outings, other than Walmart and the dollar tree, and a little more variety in the games would be nice. The food is included in your rental fee, and the food is okay. I liked that they provided transportation to my appointments, and they had everything I needed so I didn't look any further.

Rude staff. Seems more like a nursin...

Rude staff. Seems more like a nursing home than an assisted living.

Excellent facility with caring staff

My mom has Alzheimer's and her needs are beyond what my sister or I can provide at home. The structure and supervision by the caring staff at Regency have provided mom a better quality of life than home care would.

As a nurse, I know how important it is to carefully monitor behaviors and changes so that care is provided according to changing needs. The nursing staff are very good at communicating changes and keeping me well informed. They take my suggestions and observations, take action on them, and make me feel a part of her care.

One observation I have had is that the staff is pretty stable and seem to enjoy working there. I have not seen a lot of staff turnover since my mom has been living there and I think many staff are full time. My previous experience in facilities in this area has been that there were many part time staff and a lot of turnover. Stable staffing is crucial to dementia care.

The activities provided keep residents engaged according to their abilities. I cannot emphasize enough how I feel when I see caregivers giving one on one attention to a resident who is having a bad day. I especially like that mom has a chance for spiritual enrichment as well through church services and other activities. Knowing her spiritual needs are considered important in her overall care is very reassuring to me.

The facility is clean and well cared for. The staff from the community consultants, director, activities coordinator, and maintenance staff are friendly and willing to assist whenever I need it. And above all, I see the facility trying to improve services and care offered the residents. That is super important to me, because it means they want to provide residents and families the best care possible!

Assisted Living

From the moment my brothers, mother, and I stepped through the front door of Regency Retirement Village we knew it was the place for mom to live. The community consultant was so welcoming, friendly and answered all our many questions. For the past five months that mom has lived at Regency the management and staff have always been ready to meet mom's needs and talk to our family if we ever have any questions, etc. The facility is very clean and accommodating. Our family feels that mom is in a very safe environment which is a big relief. I highly recommend Regency Retirement Village to anyone seeking a warm, caring, and friendly place to live.

Quality of Care

My mother moved into the assisted living side of Regency Retirement Village in May, 2013. The staff have been amazing and have done everything possible to meet her needs. Mother is a brittle diabetic and has to carefully watch her blood sugars. She experiences lows which come on her quickly. The quality of care received by the nursing staff has already saved her life twice. The nightly checks by nursing staff found her in a diabetic crisis twice and immediate action was taken to prevent her from going into a diabetic coma. They literally saved her life. My family and I are enternally grateful for the excellent care mother receives and the family environment. The holiday season was especially ice and mother said it was her best Christmas ever. I highly recommend this facility with no reservations. Please consider for your loved one if you need assisted living.

Great Place

My house became a burden. My family and I started looking for senior living. I toured Regency and I knew this was the place for me and a place I could call home. I live in their Independent living and I feel good that I still have my independence. Choosing Regency was the best thing for me. I would recommend Regency Retirement Village to anyone.

I Highly Recommend

I recommend Regency Retirement Village of Tuscaloosa to anyone. It is a really good place to be at this point in my husband's and my life. The staff is tremendous and very accvommodating to our needs. We have quick response to any request. The cleaning service is excellent and maitenance always goes above and beyond.

EXCELLENT!!

Moved both parents from their small hometown to Regency to be closer to family. The staff helped make this a smooth transition for both parents and children. Staff helped in more ways than can ever be listed. Staff made parents feel welcome and let them play a part of the decision process. No pressure or rush. From administration to support staff, all address my parents by name and know our family when we come to visit. Facility is always VERY clean and well decorated. The level of care is excellent. The staff has made arrangements to meet all requests may parents have made, without any complaints. From weekly trips to Wal-mart to weekly church services, to groups coming in to share, there is always something available for parents to do. We decided on Regency in Tuscaloosa after looking at many other facilities in Huntsville and Tuscaloosa. Glad we did. If we had to do again, we would undoubtedly make this same choice!

Didn't really see any of th...

Didn't really see any of the staff. Rooms were small & somewhat dark. It felt like an 'institution' rather than a 'home.' Clean. Many of the residents were going to play Bingo. I think it would be an adequate facility.

Situated on a beautiful park like setting at the convenient crossroad of Skyland and Hwy 215. Regency Retirement Village offers all the warmth of small town living with easy access to all that Tuscaloosa has to offer. Our lovely community offers Assisted Living, Independent Living including Garden Homes, Secure Memory Care for those with Alzheimer's or other memory related challenges and Respite Care. With its convenient location, friendly staff, and wide range of services and amenities, Regency is the perfect place for retirement. Regency Retirement Village's desire is to offer much more than housing and services to our residents. We strive to provide an exceptional living experience. We offer you plenty of opportunities to be active and social while respecting your desire for privacy.