The Ackerly at Timberland - Portland, OR

Good independent and assisted living community for non-dementia resident in Portland, Oregon

I found The Ackerly at Timberland in Portland, Oregon through senioradvisor.com, for my under 60 year old sister who was there for a short time (less than 2 months) recovering from surgery. It is a good fit for someone who needs assisted or independent living who does not have dementia. I do not live in Portland, and ideally the primary family contact would do so, as they are not great in communicating how the resident is doing. A bit pricey, but a nice new place. My sister liked it. I would have my sister return there if necessary.

Chelsia Hart

Thank you for choosing The Ackerly as the location your sister could recovery from surgery in, and thank you for the feedback. I appreciate knowing how we can improve. Family members are just as much our customers as our residents are. And being long distance, I am sure it was important to you have regular updates and prompt feedback. I will work with the team at Ackerly to make sure that their communication impresses just as much as the services and building does. I hope that your sister has recovered well and that she won’t need us in the future but know that we are always here to help. With appreciation,
Michael Juno | Operations Director

Happy to have them so close without compromising on quality!

We loved the modern atmosphere! Being a newer community we are very happy with how it's all come together. The vibe here was very welcoming and comforting for my loved ones! The dining experience is a work in progress but steadily improving while the Head Chef out on a medical leave. I would recommend taking a look to see if it meets the needs of your loved ones. I have aleady personally made some recommendations to friends!

Good Enough To Improve

My friend is doing okay and has improved a lot since being here. When he moved in he did not get a good immediate experience. He likes the staff and appreciates their help. Being on the independent side, he was hoping that it would cost him less. He likes the food option and it is part of the rent. I think it's a nice facility with nice staff.

A New Community

Based on the fact that it's new, there is not a lot of participation in the activities which inhibits my dad. He is in the assisted living side and they provide his medication. It seems they are a little slow in the process if there is a change. There is only one nurse so she may need some help to stay on top of it. The meals are served on time and housekeeping has been all good so far. this community is the best fit for my dad and I would recommend them to my family or friends.

Megan McDaniel

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about The Ackerly. We are happy to hear that we are the best fit for your dad and that you would recommend us to family or friends. You are correct in that we are a new community. We are growing each week and are now almost 60% full. Resident committees are forming and the overall life in the community continues to bloom. Our goal for the health and wellness of each resident is to offer and provide activities that are interesting, specific to level of care, and provide variation to the diverse population that live at The Ackerly. We hold quarterly care conferences, or more often as needed, to review the care plan and specific preferences of each resident living in assisted living or memory care. I would encourage you and your family to meet with myself and the Health and Wellness Manager to ensure activities that are offered are of interest to him. Respectfully, Caitlin VanDerSchaaf, General Manager.

A brand new community

I have a spacious apartment with a washer, dryer and full kitchen. They clean my apartment once a week. The staff are delightful and quick to respond to your needs. They offer restaurant style dining and the food is excellent. There is a mixed group of interesting residents and I would recommend this community.

The Ackerly gets my recommendation!

The staff are kind, helpful, nice and are taking good care of mom. She loves the food. They have an activities person for the memory care unit and they keep them busy. The community is kept clean.

I think this community is going to work out!!

This is a brand new community and they are still working out some of the kinks. I do not think they are at full capacity yet. The staff that are currently there are nice and the food is good. They offer trips out and daily activities. I would recommend this community.