Redwood Retirement Residence - Napa, CA

Still Adjusting

My Mom is still adjusting to moving into Redwood Retirement Residence. It is going to take some time to really give a solid review because not only did she recently lose her husband, she has degenerative glaucoma and can only see a little. She has made some friends so far, so that helps. There are quite a few activities such as exercise and entertainment. We are having a problem with the meals provided. They are not very accommodating for people who have Celiac disease. Do other communities accommodate residents with dietary issues? The menus are not easy to read for my Mom to make the appropriate choices. The staff stated my Mom can just look and see what choices there are that won't interfere with her disease. I did remind them that she can't see well. It is a good neighborhood, very safe. Mom is quite happy with her apartment. Housekeeping comes in once a week and keeps the apartment nice and clean. It is very affordable and close to our home, the location is perfect for us. The guy that runs Redwood Retirement is warm, outgoing, and friendly, I think they need another second in command to help him out.

Mother is happy!

My mother is doing very well since her move, she is thriving there. She loves the housekeeping girl that cleans her room, she mentions that she is amazing. When I initially moved my mother in, they said they make sure she is active but so far, I don't think they have really followed through with that. My mother has a good friend that she made there. They both are not fans of the food. I have not eaten there but it does not look that appealing. Other than that, it has been a very good experience so far.

Good place-watch the rent increase!

My mother has lived there just over a year now. Very comfortable, great location and well-kept grounds. Meals are good, but take 75-90 minutes. Staff is friendly, but there seems to be quite a bit of turnover in housekeeping...my mother's place is not cleaned very well each week. Beware of the annual rent increase! My mother moved in on [Removed], and her rent was raised by 6.7% the following September 1st! She will not be able to take that hit every year as she (like most residents) are on a limited fixed income with depleting resources. They even raised the rent before the full year was up without pro-rating for the partial month. Overall a good place to live, just read the rental agreement and try to negotiate annual increases!

Above And Beyond!!

The amenities this community offers are great. They have so many activities available for the residents to enjoy. Unfortunately, the activities that were offered were not the correct ones for my mother. The meals they provided were delicious and nutritious. I liked the direct attention the staff would provide for the care needs of my loved one. I would recommend this place to family and friends.

Such a great fit!

When we found out we'd have to move my sister in law into an assisted living community it was such a stressful situation. We ended up reaching out to A Place For Mom to help us with our search and a weight was immediately lifted. We were provided with a personalized list of options and ended up going with Redwood Retirement. She loves it there! The staff are fantastic! The food is great and what I find to be remarkable is that she is even participating in the activities which she never did at the place prior. This step is definitely an improvement on so many levels and I would absolutely recommend!

It is not too expensive, but has many drawbacks

My mom lived here. Be careful to fit into the mold here, they will push you out or evict you if you don't fit in. They have been absolutely horrible to a few of the residents, including one who is a great help to and loved by everyone at the residence! They are really looking for residents who are half comatose and just want to nap twice a day and stay out of their hair. The management has turned over about every 6 months since my mom was there.
Although they remodeled after the earthquake in 2014, the rooms are pretty dumpy and have tiny closets. Getting your food takes forever... don't know why they can't serve each table as folks arrive. They have a messed up system for feeding the residents. Plan on every meal taking 90 minutes. They don't offer a building wide wifi. There is no pool or much of an outdoor space to relax for the residents.
Both times I used the restroom near the dining room, there were smelly, disposable adult underwear in the trash. Washing machines are down the hall in a separate room.

Everyone is very friendly, and they all work very hard.

It's fine. The main issue from the beginning has been that they are understaffed, and mealtimes take a long time. Everyone is very friendly, and they all work very hard. It was very charming. It's a very nice place, and overall I think it's good.

Pleasant Place To Live

I think Redwood Retirement Residence is a great value for a facility. I think It is a very pleasant place to live with both really friendly staff and friendly residents. We use our own services for my loved ones care.

wonderful

I think overall it has been a very good experience with Redwood Retirement Residence. They have a great staff, and excellent managers as well.

They are very hands on. They know about everyone, and check up on the residents regularly. It's been a very easy process getting mom set up there.

They are doing a little remodeling right now due to a recent minor earthquake in the area, so there is some work being done at the moment, but other than that it is a very clean and beautiful facility.

Initial Feedback (1 month in the residence)

Overall we are satisfied with everything there. The new managers Punteet and Kiran Chadha have been very accommodating, understanding and thorough. Additionally, my Mother enjoys the seating. She sit with the same ladies everyday, which has aided in getting her settled in. Again, overall extremely satisfied with the accommodations, food and management.

Looking to save rent?

As I was searching for a less-expensive place than the fine old Bay Area one where I was living, I was delighted to find Redwood, which offered me much more room for around $600 less per month.
The food is at least as good as before (although they don't serve wine with dinner here), and I am not asked to come up with tens of thousands of dollars to "buy in." In fact, after an upcoming 3% rent rise, for the cost of only one extra month's rent I can freeze my rent at that level for as long as I stay here!
Yes, the plants are all plastic and there are no fine antiques in the lounge rooms, but for the difference in cost I'll get along without those luxuries.

Love It!

We love it. Absolutely great price and great value. The food is great. Once my mom wasn't answering her phone and I was super worried about her. I called front desk and they told me she was sitting outside on one of the steps and they went and told her I was trying to reach her which was great. She's taking the bus and going to all the activities. I only have wonderful feedback. My only complaint has nothing to do with redwood itself. I just wish she was closer.

Mother is Moving In!

My mother decided to go ahead and take an apartment there. She's moving in on the first. The apartments were a nice size. We definitely like the dining room and the food was good. In particular, my mother really liked the fact that at her meals they offer a smaller plate. That's something we haven't seen before. The people were nice and friendly. They people that stayed there seemed to be happy - we talked to quite a few of them. All that kind of appealed to my mother.

Possible

Possible

Nestled within beautiful grounds in the heart of California’s wine country, you’ll enjoy the elegance of our facilities and all the conveniences of the nearby community. We’re just minutes from shopping, healthcare, dining and wonderful regional attractions.

Our all-inclusive month-to-month rent covers:
- Three delicious and nutritious chef-prepared meals from scratch
- A variety of enriching activities
- Weekly housekeeping and linen service
- Transportation
- Most utilities

Friends in 300 places

Built with your comfort and safety in mind