The Hearth at Windermere - Fishers, IN

Sufficient but not happy

The food is good. The activities are nominal. Not really challenging or entertaining. Place seems chronically short of staff, especially on the memory care side. The assisted living area has friendly people that seem to care about the staff, they are just under staffed. The memory care section not so much. Not unusual to have them yell at people.

While the primary side is fairly bright, open and inviting, the memory care side is stark, dark, and it seems more like a prison. There is no control of the inmates, and they wander into other people's rooms. Make sure you label EVERYTHING, it makes it easier to track down.

Food = Great, nice menu and variety. But don't miss the meal what they send up is often lacking.
Clean = Yes, I'll give them clean
Friendly = On the assisted side, but not the memory side
Value = Yes, not bad on the assisted side - Horribly overpriced for what they get in memory care, about twice as expensive as keeping a maximum security prisoner.
Care services = I'm not overly impressed with either side. If you miss a meal they may bring one up, but it is a sad affair. The assisted side is fair, the memory car side is lacking.
Activities = For the most part kid's would be bored at summer camp. Talking with other residents they wander around most of the time with nothing to do, and the number one complaint they had is boredom. The lady in charge of activities is awesome, and means well, but there really isn't much to work with.

I'm not a big fan, Even my parents can only say it's good enough. Mom would leave in a heartbeat. At the prices, I expected much better.

Generally a Good Community

Overall, our experience with The Hearth has been alright. Their maintenance really could use some improvement. The outside of the building needs painting, parts of the siding is coming off, and there are cracks in the pillars near the smoking area. My loved one has had to deal with two problem refrigerators, and I'm not altogether sure if the staff is keeping up with cleaning my loved one's room, changing the sheets, and vacuuming the floors. I don't know that I've seen a cleaning crew at all. The staff does try their best here. They are always busy, but they are friendly and helpful, and they do always try to encourage residents to join in activities. I also like that they have a speech therapist here, and a place for my loved one to get her hair done. Generally, the community is good, and it fits our needs.

Nice tour

This is a very nice community and the staff here did a very nice job with my tour, they took their time showing me around and they answered all my questions. They offer their residents a lot here, the apts were a bit small and I just did not feel that this would be the best fit for my dad.

We felt claustrophobic at this facility-halls seemed too narrow, bedrooms too small.

A tour for care

We toured this community and we liked the staff. We liked that they offered meals for the residents. The atmosphere at this community is clean and maintained. We like the activities that were offered. We would recommend a tour for others to see the options that are available.

The wife is happy!

My wife is doing very well since her move to The Hearth at Windermere. The facility has been a good fit for her and she loves it. The staff are nice and the place is clean, it has been a good experience so far.

Too Big!

My tour of The Hearth at Windermere went well, everyone was very friendly. The place was very nice and pleasant to walk into. The reason I did not chose this place is because it was multiple stories and I know my mother would not have liked that.

Good Community

My mother is doing pretty well since her move to this community. The is still some things we are working out, but overall everything is working out well. The community is nice and well maintained. It is still a work in progress, but so far everything is working out pretty well.

It Was A Horrible Experience

I wish I never went to this community. In short time my loved one had fell and I was not notified of the injury. I had to make arrangements to get medical help. They are very understaffed.

Nice Small Cozy Community, My Mother Is Doing Well Here

My mother is doing great here. I'am very pleased with her move here. She is being cared for very well here. They have a great staff here. She is getting involved in the community with the activities offered. She is pleased the meals, the food is good. I know she safe and in good hands here. This is a nice small, cozy community. I would highly recommend it.

Care, compassion, dignity, respect - The Hearth should have this as their motto!

The staff at The Hearth has been amazing. Without exception, every single staff person has been so kind, patient, understanding and amazing. If you looked up the word "patience" in the dictionary, you could put ANY staff person's face there next to the word and it would be the honest truth. The nursing staff, the dining staff, the housekeeping staff, the administrative staff - all wonderful. I would send my family member to The Hearth again without any reservations whatsoever.

They offer a coffee bar for residents and families to gather together.

The lobby is kind of small at The Hearth at Windermere. They were remodeling when we took our tour of the community. The dining room and the food seemed better than the community we chose. The courtyard was smaller and did not seem to appeal to us. The community area where they go for tornado storms has no windows and seems kind of dark.

Review of my Mother's treatment at The Hearth

My mother has been at The Hearth At Windermere in assisted living for four years. She is now 91 years old. I have been especially pleased with the help she has received. The nursing staff is exceptional and everyone gives her whatever she needs in the way of help and attendance.

In short I am very pleased and would not consider moving her, she thinks of The Hearth as home.

Bill

The social worker had a very unpleasant attitude. She proceeded to belittle nursing homes that accepted title 19 assistance telling me that their facilities were usually very inferior to those that strictly private. This turned me off in a big way.

Concerned family

We placed my Mother in Hearth at Windermere and she was happy with the friendliness of the staff and residents. Many unorganized events have taken place within the first 2 months that caused me to give the review of care services a rating of 2. They need to have more staff and possibly better quality CNA's who are able to help with all the care services. I could go on and on but I will just say this is a money making business and the corporate office doesn't understand the need for having more staff. Maybe if more people would complain about the unorganized caring services than maybe they would rethink there decision to staff more people. Maybe that would alleviate the lost meds, not getting showers when indicated, not getting help with undressing/dressing when paying for this level of care. Lastly, the room was filthy when we checked her in and we had to clean it ourselves. It was the weekend and the housekeeping director was on vacation so maybe that was the reason. I do believe several people dropped the ball and it wasn't communicated she was moving in. Just make sure when you go into an assisted living that you check the you keep on top of them and constantly asking and checking on your loved ones care. It's been 2 1/2 months and we are still having issues and I'm there checking 3 times a week.

We were there 5+ years

We had two family members living at the Hearth for a total of 5 1/2 years. We loved so many things--the wonderful meals, the family atmosphere, the dog, the fireplaces, the beautiful enclosed courtyards, the kindness showed towards family members, the staff are the strongest asset from the nurses, to the housekeeper and maintenance and dietary workers to those behind the desk. The activity staff are outstanding and everyone there knows your name. They will all always be special in our hearts. Thank you to the Hearth for five fine years of care.

So far things are going pretty well.

So far things are going pretty well. We don't have any major concerns, so far. I haven't heard any complaints over food, or being bored, so things are working out well. We chose them because they were more reasonably priced.

Thanks for Loving my MOM

I wanted to take the time to THANK YOU,my mom was well taken care of.Thanks for all the love you showed her. She is at peace now,but her time there was great. Continue the great work. Once again THANKS

Overall Good

Overall its a good community and the care services are excellent here. She is very happy being care and being very well taking care of. I dont have anything to complain about really everything is going good.

My mom's wonderful experience at the Windermere.

My Mom and I have not interacted with a single person at the Windermere who have not been sincerely helpful, courteous and kind.

We are very happy we chose this establishment for my Mom to hopefully spend the remainder of her life.

We've only been here 2 months, but have found the staff and residents to be very friendly and helpful. The medical assistance has been much better than our past assisted living facility. The costs are comparable. thus far, The Hearth at Windermere has been a pleasant experience.

Awesome place

Very pleased with everything at The Heart at Windermere in Fisher, Indiana. The good is excellent. The staff is wonderful, friendly, caring and professional. The ground is beautiful. The food is excellent and and very pleased with everything. Thank you.

Dark

Fine, Older place, everyone seemed friendly, seemd clean, seemed more of a hotel style, little dimmer and darker.

Nice place!

Overall we've been very pleased with the service at The Hearth at Windermere. The staff are all very friendly and do a good job looking out for the people who live here. The facility itself is well kept and clean. Really the only issue that's come up so far is that it is a much bigger place than she is used to, and she's having a little trouble getting settling in socially. But overall it is a nice place, and we would recommend it to anyone looking into senior care in the area.

The Hearth at Windermere is a great p...

The Hearth at Windermere is a great place. It's been a wonderful experience for my mom. I'm pleased with their services, care they provide, friendliness of staff, cleanliness of the facilities, and all other services they have to offer.

Leslie was very knowledgeab...

Leslie was very knowledgeable and helpful. Although the building was quite a bit older than the ones I have visited, the residents were partaking in many activities. That was great to see. One resident who had been there for 5 years said she was very happy living there and the people who lived and worked there were great.

Very Much Like Home

My Mother resides in Keepsake Village at the Hearth and is happier than I have seen her in some time. The care that she is receiving here is excellent, and she is really benefitting from the interaction with the other residents, the numerous scheduled activities, and the excellent food. Several relatives and friends have visited her while she has been living here and all have been impressed with the homelike atmosphere and the energetic, hard-working staff. I would highly recommend this facility to families who are seeking excellent care for a parent with Alzheimer's/dementia.

Wasn't what we thought it would be

I'm actually moving my dad, my mom passed away so he doesn't need all of the things here and most of the people are sicker than him. I was really disappointed with their understanding of hospice, my mom wasn't able to get medication when she needed it and they would call me instead of calling hospice, it never really got resolved. My mom ended up going to inpatient probably a little sooner than she should have because of the issues we were having.
It looks clean on the outside but it has an odor all the time, they maintence it, its kept up well, I don't think they answer the call light like they should and they have a lot of turnover, things you don't find out until you're there. They said they had a lot of activities and transportation but when it came down to it there really weren't as many as they said and they weren't able to take her to her doctors appointments.

Exactly what my father needed

The staff friendliness is off the scale, I can't believe how nice they are. Initially there was some trouble deciding what care services my dad needed and their costs, but the level of care is top notch. They make sure his takes his medication, and help him to the bathroom, top notch care all around. I chose The Hearth because of the genuine sense of community between the residents and staff and that sense has grown the more I visit. I looked at more expensive facilities but The Hearth was the best fit.

I visited this when we were looking f...

I visited this when we were looking for Mom before and it was very nice

Assisted Living - independent to thos...

Assisted Living - independent to those that need alot of care as they age. Still come and go, but know we are here if he needs us. Add supportive services in privacy of own apt. Private pay. Apt, meals 3 day, house keeping weekly, linens, daily trash, utilities except phone, cable. scheduled transportation (doctor), outings, nurse call system). Health care services for medicine administration. Personal laundry on each floor. Will charge by the load. If wandering -- then will transition to next step Keep Sake (all inclusive).

Catch up on life at The Hearth at Windermere, where desired amenities and convenient services allow our residents to focus on family and friends and not worry about daily chores. Imagine an apartment home with no cooking, cleaning or maintenance — and friends next door. Our Fishers, Indiana, Assisted Living and Memory Care community offers comfort within the perimeters of private apartment homes. From thoughtfully designed floor plans to the world-class service and myriad recreational and social opportunities, residents may just find that we have thought of everything. Our studio, one- and two-bedroom floor plans offer plenty of upscale and classy luxuries such as wall-to-wall carpeting and spacious walk-in closets. Luscious courtyards, four sunrooms and a backyard park provide a comfortable atmosphere for our residents to relax and take their minds off of cooking daily meals or doing laundry on a regular basis. A daily happy hour brings our residents together for social interaction, while complimentary scheduled transportation to area restaurants and entertainment options offers a great reason to explore Fishers and surrounding cities including Indianapolis. Our goal is to enrich the lives of our residents by providing an environment that is physically, mentally, spiritually and emotionally stimulating.