Railside Living Center - Byron Center, MI

A great place for your loved one

Railside Assisted Living is one of the only family owned assisted livings left in the state. The family is very involved and take great care of their building, and really care about the residents and staff. This community has a great reputation in the community of high quality care. They have been around for over 20 years. The staff go above and beyond. This is a wonderful place to work and live.

Great Reputation! Family-Owned!

Railside Assisted Living is a beautiful and well maintained senior community that provides high quality care. The management team and the staff work hard to meet the daily medical needs of their residents as well as providing them with delicious food and opportunities for activity and socialization. Railside is a West-Michigan, FAMILY owned business and has been providing excellent care for more than 20 years!

If medical care for your loved one is the priority, look elsewhere.

It was a medical crisis that caused the need for an assisted living placement for my disabled husband after being his caregiver 7/24 for thirty years. While at Railside, he suffered a seizure that required hospitalization. Communication between the hospital, Railside and myself was none existent; but Railside placed the blame totally on the hospital. Railside was able to phone me in regards to the billing.

When my husband was returned, there was no concern for his future needs which should have included physical & speech therapies. I requested some type of communication with their physician and that blood work be done to check seizure med levels; & there was no response. A couple of weeks after his return, I learned that my husband was unwell and when I asked for the physician, as well as, the blood levels; I was told that they did not know when the physician would be back to the facility.

I contacted a senior advisor, found a much better placement for a two week transfer. In the meantime, I brought my husband home. He had lost weight and was having problems with balance and mobility. The administrator and social worker could not understand the reason for the removal of my loved one. I explained the situation and told them that I was not going to wait for him to have another seizure because of their incompetence and in not taking my concerns seriously.

The cost at Railside is too high for what they have to offer. And I am in agreement with other commenters that they ignore family concerns, there is no physician available, & they took no responsibility for my husband's need to be hospitalized on their watch.

I advise anyone considering a placement with Railside to understand that there are good and competent staff that have the best interests of the residents in mind. But, they can only do so much since they are not in control of decision making.

My mother is there not enough staff, ...

My mother is there not enough staff, no RN on duty ever!, mix up on meds, do not give a darn additude, its all about money!! STAY AWAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Really!!

My mother has been at Railside for years. They make so many mistakes and don't even care!!!! Meds, communication with Dr. Is 0-none the it's not MY problem is regular talk. Very expensive and lousy place!

My husband has been there since June ...

My husband has been there since June 1st. He seems to like it now. He's gotten used to it. He's got a beautiful room It's expensive. That's the only thing. I don't know how much longer we'll be able to do this but for now it's good. I like the location and the place looks very nice. There's a beautiful bay window in his room that looks out onto a nice grassy area with a pathway that they can walk on. It's just real nice.

I took a tour, I enjoyed the facility...

I took a tour, I enjoyed the facility, however would need to move to nursing facility/change rooms when time comes.

We offer our residents: *Three home-cooked meals served daily-plus home-baked snacks available throughout the day. *A variety of planned events designed to enrich your life-including exercise, games, outings, worship, parties, crafts and more! *Caring and competent staff around the clock to assist you. *Medication management. *Assistance with personal care. *Housekeeping and laundry service. *A special Alzheimer’s unit. *We also provide respite and daycare.