American House Jenison - Jenison, MI

Carefully select the place for your loved one.

Decent place for a loved one to live. Personal Rooms/dining rooms could use a facelift. Some verbally negative staff. Short tempered staff has been witnessed a bit concerning. Good food. Good activities except little for loved ones to do on the weekends especially Saturday's. Weigh your choices carefully before placing you loved one in the care of this and other companies

Beautiful newer community

This is a beautiful newer community which is set-up for Independent thru Memory care. The inside is well set-up and the staff was very friendly they took their time showing us around, the rooms were nice and we had all our questions answered. There were a lot of different amenities for the residents to take part in and I would definitely recommend scheduling a tour here.

American House Senior Living Communities

Thank you for your 5-star review of our community! We appreciate you taking the time to tour with us and providing us with feedback.

Care fora loved one

We toured this community for mom's care. We liked the staff that was very nice. We wanted a bigger room for my mom. The activities would have been helpful and the menu seemed to be nice and a lot of healthy meals. We would suggest that families tour this community for the care of a loved one

American House Senior Living Communities

Thank you for taking the time to tour with us! We appreciate your 5-star reveiw of our community and appreciate your feedback.

Helpful Staff!!

My mother has recently made the move into this community and so far things are going okay for her. The staff have been helpful with the transition and I am comfortable with the care she has been receiving. The one complaint my mother does have is that the meals could be better quality. She does say the desserts are excellent but that they could use some improvements on the quality of dinners. I also wish they would have replaced the carpets before she had made the move in her apartment.

American House Senior Living Communities

Thank you for taking the time to review our community. We're glad to hear your mother is adjusting and are glad to have her as part of our American House family! Feel free to reach out to our office staff to address any concerns you may have. And our chef always offers alternative meal options your mother may enjoy. We appreciate your feedback.

The facility is new and has a lot of space for residents. The staff was very friendly and we would consider this a great place for our mom.

The food is delirious!!

My parents are doing very well since their move to the American House Jenison. I like the knowing that they are safe and comfortable. I wish they had more activities, my mother has been trying to join but they always say they're full. I wish they would let her known because she would love to join. Also, they have been struggling with their television and phone service.

American House Senior Living Communities

Thank you for your feedback. We're glad to hear that your parents are doing well at American House Jenison. We have a number of activities that are sure to keep your mom and dad engaged; from social hours to live entertainment - there's always something to do! We encourage you to contact American House Jenison's Life Enrichment Director for a calendar filled with the month's activities and outings. Also, the community's maintenance supervisor will be happy to assist with your parents' television and phone service questions. Thanks again!

Mom is Well

My mother is being cared for well here at this community. I'am comfortable with her move to this community. She is safe, and receiving good care. They have a great staff at this community. They have been very attentive, and helpful. There activities offered for the residents. She is pleased with the meals. This community has worked out well for my family, and I would recommend it.

American House Senior Living Communities

We are so glad to hear that your mother is happy at American House Jenison. We appreciate your feedback and thank you for the great review!

Compassionate Community

My friend is doing well at this community. His family and I know he is safe and receiving great. This is a lovely community, and We are pleased with all they have done for him. The staff is kind and compassionate. They are always willing to help. It is a well maintained community. I would recommend this community, it is a very nice place.

Very nice place. Taking good care of mom my while she is in respite care and hopefully move into permanent care.
Wish they did more activities and had more interaction with residents.
Good place.

Lovely setting, well maintained, reasonable price, friendly staff. Church service is very conservative, nearby Methodist church may be better fit. Meal is at noon but very good. Small community but finding their friendly sort. One mile from Meijer.

Wonderful facility and staff

Cottonwood Manor is the best thing that every happened for my dad. He has been there since October of 2015. He previously lived alone for many years, but is thriving on the community atmosphere and the great staff. He has early/mild dementia and they are so well trained in the care of this disease. He also has not eaten this well in years. Even he will say what a wonderful place it is and hopes he can stay there " until I die".

A great place for respite care!!!!

Dad was only at American House for 10 days for a respite stay but while he was there things were great. The staff and the food were wonderful. They had a lot of activities available and the community was nice. They do not take medicaid but I would recommend this community.

Spacious and Friendly!

The rooms here are cozy and give plenty of room. The staff is friendly and the food they serve is good too!

I like it very much because they care about their residents. I like it also because it is in a convenient location for our family. The only other issue is they offer only 1 meal a day. It would help if they offer 2 meals a day. The units are very nice and they come with a full kitchen. Also the lunch is good.

Bright and clean living areas

We have not been here long, but the living areas are very bright, clean, and have plenty of room. The staff is very kind and compassionate and you can tell that they really care about the people who live here. The activities are appropriate and seem to be fun for the residents.

Very happy withAmerican House in Jenison

My wife has only been a resident for a couple weeks but I am very happy with what I have seen so far.
The staff and care givers are very friendly and helpful.
The facility is very nice both the buildings and the grounds. This makes it nice and easy to take my wife for a walk or ride in her chair.
I have been very impressed with the meals both the variety and the quality.
I have had a chance to visit with several of the other people who have placed loved ones here and they assure me that I have made a good choice. That makes me very happy coming from people who have nothing to gain by giving me false information.

mom enjoys it

My mother really likes it at American House Jenison. She really enjoys the food. The staff is very friendly and helpful. She has a very spacious living area. She really enjoys the outings. They go out once a week and she really enjoys it.

Nice place, overall

Overall things have gone very well for my loved ones at American House Jenison! The facility itself is well kept and clean, and the staff is friendly and professional. My loved one really seem happy here!

Toured a number of communities . . .

We toured a number of communities before choosing American House Jenison. The community provided everything we were looking for and we felt the value was great for my mother. The staff is knowledgeable and available for contact for questions. They are also friendly, alert and do provide medication management. My mother feels that the food is in good portions. She has lost a little weight, which she was thrilled about. She has participated in a few of the activities and has won a few dominoes challenges. The community has outings to the grocery store and sometimes restaurants. The only issue we found that isn't mentioned in their literature is that the community is faith-based. However, the community has taken steps to include all forms of worship for their residents. Our family is very happy for the help given by A Place for Mom. We are very happy and with the decision we made and relieved that my mother is in a safe and stable environment.

I couldn't have completed this transi...

I couldn't have completed this transition for my parents with out the support, advice, and guidence of Carol Walker.
She kept me goen when I thought I was gonna crash and burn.
My parents are now together at oakcrest where my mom gets all the care she needs and my dad is with her as a companion for her.

Overall it was very nice and very clean

We just had a short respite stay. The food was good, she liked food. They had pods, and the food was prepared in the pod and so it was fresh. They were very kind and helpful. They did a good job getting back to us. They only would admit on Tuesdays, and we had to wait for their day to do the admit. Overall it was very nice and very clean, and I liked that it wasn't one big building it was smaller buildings, so it was more homey feeling. The staff was more familiar with the residents that way.

Possibility. Progressive as...

Possibility. Progressive asssistance

Mother would not fit it. A little too...

Mother would not fit it. A little too uppity for her even though a was a very nice place.

He liked this one the best. The staff...

He liked this one the best. The staff was friendly and helpful and had a true sense of caring for their residents. The activities were adequate. They do have outings. Very nice garden and area to participate in gardening. Small group of residents that seemed to be in later stages of life. Convenient to get to. Wasn't as cheerful as I would have liked. Hallways did not go around the entire facility (no horseshoe floor plan) and hallways were not cheerful. Room seemed smaller and did not have small fridge or sink aside from bathroom.

Mom loves it and your staff is wonder...

Mom loves it and your staff is wonderful Thank you

American House Jenison is comprised of nine buildings which include 192 independent living, assisted living and memory care apartments.

“American House is well-known for the exceptional care we provide for the residents who choose to make their home with us,” said Rob Gillette, chief operating officer at American House Senior Living Communities.