American House Kentwood - Kentwood, MI

Nice community

The facility is very clean and fresh. The rooms were smaller than others we have visited. The staff and director were friendly and helpful. The memory care area was small without room for many activities.

Poor fit for my father

This place was not a good fit for my dad. High staff turnover. Sometimes the hall to his room stuck so bad I almost thru up. His food was all ways Luke worm. My dad fell and we were never called,my dad had to tell us about it. When this place was owned by Oakcrest I would have given it a four star but American house has to many issues. If you move your loved ones into this place good luck. Just remember if you don't like the place you can always move.

Lovely House

My dad is now living here and it has been fine for my dad and I. He is in a safe and caring environment. There are no problems at being clean with the facility. The food taste good to us. There are activities available but dad chooses not to partake. I would recommend this community to family and friends.

American House

Our mom has only lived at American House for 2 weeks so it's a little difficult to give an accurate judgement at this time. But with that being said, her first 2 weeks have been very encouraging. The staff have been very open, friendly and so willing to give mom the best care possible. So far, mom is happy and that is all we ask for.

American House is fantastic!

We are so happy with American House for my mom. The people there are amazing and I feel like mom us very safe there.

8/15 called and spoke with ...

8/15 called and spoke with Robt. Johns. They do have vacancy, single room, living/bedroom, half-bath. $3600/mo for mid-level care. They will do an assessment. $500 fee at time of acceptance. (Forgot to ask about Dr. appts.) They do have vacancy right now.

Overall we are pretty happy with it.

Overall we are pretty happy with it. It took a little while to get the pictures hung in the beginning. When you are just looking at the nursing care services I would say a four. They have a memory care ward. I've had the food and it's good. When it's spring and summer and the weather is nice, it's landscaped very nicely and they very nice grounds. They have outdoor activities in the summer.

I took a tour, I like the facility, r...

I took a tour, I like the facility, right now however, the room thats available right now is not close to the dining room. I'm not comfortable with the idea that my grandfather would have to walk the entire length of the hall.

The staff and director seem very qual...

The staff and director seem very qualified and friendly. The facility is undergoing some remodeling, and needs some TLC.

This was okay. Really felt like a nur...

This was okay. Really felt like a nursing home to me.

We here at American House Kentwood endeavor to provide superb senior living services to the elderly residents of Kentwood Michigan and the surrounding areas. With this goal in mind, we offer varied room and care options set in placid, beautifully landscaped grounds. The two levels of care offered are assisted living and dementia care. Single rooms or apartments are available, all tastefully decorated. Christian principles are the basis for our care. We truly believe that each of our elderly residents is unique; therefore, we strive to provide an individualized living environment. We do this by tailoring each room choice, level of activity, and amount of care to each senior citizen. Family involvement and communication are imperative to the health and well-being of our residents. We definitely encourage family visits. We offer a variety of activities and transportation to local shopping to enhance the living experience of our senior citizens. Our staff is, of course, up and awake twenty-four hours a day, seven days a week. Standard amenities included include assistance with personal care, home cooked meals, medication administration, cable, and utilities. Telephone, medication costs, and personal grooming items such as haircuts are extra. Dementia care offers care for memory impaired residents in a warm atmosphere. Family members are encouraged to participate in care plans and everyday living of our residents. There are safe wandering areas, regular assessments, and planned activities. The nearest hospital, Saint Mary's Health Care, is seven miles from our facility. Saint Mary's has a Medicare rating of eighty-eight percent. We are proud of our care, our experience (since 1986), and our beautiful grounds here at American House Kentwood. We think you will find us a truly superior option in senior living.