First & Main - Wyoming, MI

SAVE YOURSELF THE FRUSTRATION

Staff is untrained and uneducated. It feels like they grab anyone off the street. Staff call in sick all the time and are not covered so residents go unattended. If there is an issue it is ALWAYS the residents fault and the family must solve the issue as they have NO experience or interest in assisting the elderly. They behave as if they are doing you a favor letting your loved one stay there. You will pay for all the promised services and receive only the fraction they are willing to squeeze out. Oh and I know the response will be call [name removed]-who will say he is looking into it and will never follow up or solve the problem. The care team leadership acts superior and can't be bothered with even the smallest issue because once again if there is an issue it is the families problem not theirs. This place is a disgrace and we are so happy to have saved our loved one from their disaster.

David Jackiewicz

Thank you for taking time to post your review, we would like to apologize for your negative experience. We would appreciate if you could contact our Executive Director, Rex Townsend, at your earliest convenience so that we can get more details and address this issue immediately.

Couldn't ask for better for my mother

I feel really bad that First and Main is getting negative reviews from the same family members. I moved my mom in, and she is one of the first residents that moved in 2+ years ago. While there has been management turnover, it seems to be stabilized. I am very close with a few caregivers who have also been there from the beginning. The management listens to them and they have job satisfaction. The residents always look great. Not many other facilities around can get 50% attendance at almost every activity. I go in every single day to check on my mom. She is full of life and thriving since she moved in there. There are a lot of family members who love it, and I can tell you to be wary of these bad reviews as they are not true to how great First and Main is. Thank you to [Removed] and his team for all that you do for my mom!

Best place to live! Don't listen to the negative [Removed]

My family has lived here many years, and it is sad to see that people are saying what they are saying. The staff hasn't had turnover, there are a lot of people who care there, including the administration. There are some people like [Removed] who complain at everything and just will never be happy in life. These people should try to contact management instead of bashing them and try to open up the lines of communication themselves. It's easy to hide behind a computer screen instead of some of these residents who never have their children come and visit.

Stay clear of this place!

DO NOT put your loved one at this facility! Staff is awful, no one knows what they are doing, good luck even finding a staff member on the floors, they are all sitting in a hidden staff lunch room when they should be out assisting the residents! This place is all looks and No performance, stay away from this place, it is a waste of a lot of money!

David Jackiewicz

Thank you for taking time to post your review. Please contact our Executive Director Rex Townsend so that we can get more details and address this issue immediately.

Very disappointed

There is NO communication! Staff don't know what is going on. All I hear is "I'll check on that" or "I'll ask so and so". NEVER get a straight answer. As far as I know they have had 4-5 directors. Staff turnover is frequent. There are only a couple staff members I trust.
You just never get a straight answer and returned phone calls do not happen!
I have had many conversations with residents that live there and they are not happy.
I also have noticed many more empty rooms in the last 2 months.
As soon as I can my father will be transferred out of there!

No improvement

This facility is quite new & very modern with opportunity for a wonderful place for the elderly. But the sad part is basic care and social activity is compromised. Staff do not show up for work and constantly being replaced. They are not qualified or given proper training. Social life is very sparse and many residents stay in there rooms even when activities are scheduled. Residents & families keep bringing up these issues but management has no interest in resolving issues. Sad to say broken promises continue after 2 years.

Caution!

Looks Good, but appearances can also be a "red flag" . The staff do not know what they are doing, what meds they are giving or what the potential side effects of their actions are. Was told by a previous employee to "get {our family member} out of there as fast as we can".

David Jackiewicz

Thank you for taking time to post your review. Please contact our Executive Director Rex Townsend at [removed] or [removed] so that we can get more details and address this issue immediately.

Great Tour. Everyone was very nice.

David Jackiewicz

Thank you for your review. We are glad you enjoyed your visit. Remember to visit our website for more information!

The C- of assisted living centers

The facility looks great and depending on care needs could be a great place. If you have memory care problems or require lots of care I would look elsewhere. Management is on their 4th executive director since opening in 2015. All the staff is a revolving door and the "nursing team" are less than professional (attitude and appearance). The care is adequate but not much better. If your loved one is independent it might be a good fit. If you require an engaging and dynamic team this is not your place. You will be very disappointed in the "executive team" and I suggest questioning them often on care plans and activities for your loved one.

David Jackiewicz

Thank you for taking time to post your review. Please contact our Executive Director Rex Townsend so that we can get more details and address your concerns immediately.

Very clean with great amenities and support, helpful staff and a feeling of home in the rooms. It's situated on the MetroHealth Campus with doctors, dentists, shops, restaurants, and many other businesses within short distance. Lots of activities on the calendar appealing to a wide variety of personalities.

David Jackiewicz

Thank you for taking time to post your review. We appreciate your kind words and invite you to learn more about First & Main on our website!

They have learned much from their first year of opening. They are on their way up in providing the care I want for my parent.
Beautiful facility, energetic staff, making great changes...

David Jackiewicz

Thank you for taking time to post your review. We invite you to learn even more about First & Main on our website!

Beautiful facility, energetic staff, making great changes...

Never again

Mother in law spent 2 months in this facility. We were not pleased what so ever with the staff. If you had any problem you repeatable had to complain to get a response for any kind of help. It was a beautiful building but totally understaffed and know one seemed to care.