We made the right choice.

My mother-in-law died peacefully at 97 after two years in P.P. She started in a gorgeous apartment there with my f-i-l, now 90. As her dementia progressed, she moved down to the "memory care" unit. He moved to a studio apartment. She was so well loved by staff. He's been there 4 years now.
My f-i-l, a more difficult person, has grown to love the place. He enjoys the many activities, the other residents and, of course, the staff. The food there is always delicious, according to him, the other residents, and yours truly. At $42,000 a year for him, it's really a very good deal. The residents are respected, clean, loved, and appreciated. I love the staff.
The place itself is beautiful. My husband and I can travel and know that my f-i-l is safe and well-cared for. We sure made the right choice.

Good Community for the Most Part

My mother is doing pretty well with her move to this community. The location of the community is very convenient for me to travel to. For the most part I know she is safe, and receiving good care. Most of the staff is good, they are kind, helpful. Everything is working in a positive direction for us here at this community, and I would recommend it.

Very nice place, warm staff. Residents were clean & appeared to be carrying out independent activities. Concern about open stairway entrance.

My Aunt Likes It Here, She Is Doing Well

My aunt really likes it here at this community. She has adjusted well to it, and I'am satisfied with her move here. I know she is being cared for well, they have a wonderful staff here. They are very friendly and helpful. There activities available for her when she is ready to participate. She is pleased with the meals. It's a nice looking community, they do a good job with the cleanliness. They have great room options. I would recommend this community, it is a great place.

Province Place feels more like a home rather than a retirement / assisted living facility. That's the primary reason we chose Province Place.

The Best Place for my Mother

I was impressed with the Province staff and facility from my first visit. The one feature of the facility that stood out above the others I visited was the community structure. The separate communities within the facility was a concept i had not seen in the 8 other facilities I had visited. I think this structure really helped ease the transition phase and meant my mother could learn to initially live in this new environment with a smaller number of people rather than all of the residents all at once. The facility is very clean, very modern, and the location is especially good. Every member of the staff I have come into contact with has been especially helpful and professional. I would and have recommended Province Place to others.

The residents were scarce -...

The residents were scarce - but pleasant, the facility fine, and the staff available to answer questions. My overall feeling seemed to be a less enthusiastic and cohesive spirit visible within the facility and an administration not on equal status as other facilities. I am not sure that I agree with the smaller community concept which I didn't see as a good fit for my relative.

More of a "retirement" community

It was really nice, what we had decided though was number one, my daughter in laws mother couldn't afford it and it ended up being pretty far away. Most of it was like a retirement with people that were able to care for themselves so it really wasn't the right place for her.

This is one of my top 3. T...

This is one of my top 3. The residents were very happy and said they enjoyed living there. I liked the 'neighborhood community' concept. Each community is self-contained but residents can visit between communities. Cost is about ehat Mom pays now. .

Like it.

Like it.

I like the "neighborhood" set up with...

I like the "neighborhood" set up with only 10 residents per section which shared dining facilities,living room,kitchenette.Liked the 2 bedroom set up apartment as well.

Province Place of De Paul is a place where you will find some of the best amenities, and choices that you may not find in other senior living residences. Norfolk, Virginia has many amenities that can be very appealing to seniors. This offers a local community to explore that offers many choices in dining, and shopping. With frequent trips to the local farmers market in Virginia Beach, there is a lot to see and do in this local area. You will find that senior care will be different depending on the needs of each resident. The resident is often evaluated and even the family, to determine the best course of action for the future. Some residents may be encouraged to have a more independent living environment, while other ailments may require assisted living with a more hands on approach. In this community we offer senior citizens a variety of options for living. You will find one and two bedroom apartments that a family can choose from. Each room is equipped with an emergency call system, and this can be a great reason to use a senior living environment. If someone needs help, they will have a way to summon this help immediately. The residents describe the meals served as simply delicious. There are three meals that are served each day that are packed with nutrition. The elderly are a population that deserves to be treated with a high level of dignity, and this is what you will find when you visit Province Place of De Paul in Norfolk.