Commonwealth Senior Living at Churchland House - Portsmouth, VA

Perfect choice

Very concerned to find a place Mom would be comfortable and cared for. Churchland House has fulfilled our entire wish list. The staff is so helpful and kind. The food is exceptional with white tablecloth dining. Optional services include laundry, which really helps since she is not close by. They have a doctor who comes by regularly which is a blessing. The rooms are of sufficient size and the bathrooms are great. She is beginning to socialize and make new friends partially do to the activities.

Great place for my Mom.

Such a great facility!!

From the initial phone care to the very end, the entire staff were helpful, caring and courteous. They really treat every person like family and that was beautiful to witness.

Taking Good Care Of My Mother In Law

My mother in law in doing well at this community, she seems to have adjusted well to it. I do feel confident in the type of care she is receiving. The staff is friendly and kind. The community is very well maintained, everything is nice and clean. Everyone here have been friendly and welcoming. Overall they are taking good care of her and I would recommend it.

A great place for mom

I am an only child, so I really needed all the help I could get.
With the help from A Place For Mom I started my task of getting my mom the care she needed as well as moving here closer to me so I could support her and help her with the transition from her home in Richmond. Angelia was most helpful in assisting me with al the arrangements needed to allow my mother a comfortable transition to her new home. I visit my mom 3-4 times each week now, because she is only about 10-15 minutes away. My mom after about 30 days is on track to understanding why she is where she is. All the folks at Churchland House really work hard and care for all their guests.

Thanks so much for all you do!

Nice place

We're very satisfied with Churchland House. The staff are all friendly, and they've been very accommodating to any requests we have made. It is a nice place, overall.

Second choice to another commonwealth community

This was our second choice to Georgian Manor and it turns out they were also affiliated with Commonwealth so we just like their facilities. The memory care unit was probably about the same size as georgian manor but it was just the feeling you got when you walked in. There wasn't a smell and it wasn't so much that I didn't like the layout of their memory care it was just that feeling walking in.

This was more of your nursing home ty...

This was more of your nursing home type of environment, although I do think they had less of a lock down environment and my brother lives over by there so we thought it would be nice but it ended up being a little too far.

churchland house

Meets all my mother-in- laws needs

Better location but not as nice

When I went there they were having a diarrhea outbreak or something like that and they had them almost quarantined off. Some people might have been turned off by that, but I wasn't turned away because I know how those things can go. The people were all very nice and it was clean and it looked adequate to me. I probably would have put him there because it was mrer convinient for us. It didn't look as nice, it wasn't as bright or cherry as Clare Bridge but I was okay with dad being here.

Welcome to Commonwealth Senior Living at Churchland House, a premier senior living community in Portsmouth managed by Commonwealth Assisted Living. Situated in quiet residential neighborhood, Commonwealth Senior Living at Churchland House offers a relaxed setting in a convenient location that has easy access to healthcare facilities, shopping, dining and more. Our community provides comprehensive services for residents in a caring and home-like atmosphere that ensures they maintain a quality lifestyle. Among the most distinctive features is our signature Sweet Memories program, which received a best practice award from the Virginia Assisted Living Association. It’s specifically designed for those residents who experience memory loss, Alzheimer’s or dementia.

Commonwealth Senior Living at Churchland House boasts a variety of amenities, including healthy dining options, weekly housekeeping and linen service and transportation services. For our active residents, our full-time activities director coordinates daily activities, trips and social programs. Residents enjoy suites and companion rooms with private baths. With no entrance fees, enjoying life at Commonwealth Senior Living at Churchland House is an affordable option. We believe in personal and dignified care which is why team members are on-site 24 hours a day and we develop an individualized care plan for each resident. We understand that everyone has unique needs and we tailor services to our residents, such as medication management.

The attentive and experienced caregivers provide compassionate care to residents who have all the comforts of home and maintenance-free living surrounded by friends and neighbors! Our residents quickly become like family. With a variety of living options, you’ll be sure to feel right at home. Explore Commonwealth Senior Living at Churchland House further and schedule a tour today.