I Appreciate The Help

All is going very well for my dad since moving into this community. I am happy with the staff and caregivers and I like that I am able to get in touch with them when needed. The facility is clean in all public areas as well as my dad's room. He likes the meals that are served. Their help is appreciated.

Don't Judge a Book by its Cover

This is a beautiful facility on the surface. Once moved in the trouble starts. Ornery attendants, never present nurse, phone calls not returned, and over charged - but a great place for a meal.

I only looked into the memory care side of the facility. People were pleasant, some charming small themed rooms were available but no one was in them. The configuration for shared resident rooms is the best I have seen, consisting of two bedrooms with doors and each open to the shared living room. I was bothered by seeing around five or six residents in the T.V. Room. there were two caregivers at the end of the room sitting in chairs talking to each other. There was no conversation other than that between the workers. And no one really appeared to be looking at the T.V. - It was a bit depressing. Outdoor areas are pleasing.

Awesome

The staff is awesome! They all act like they are truly delighted to be there to help my parents.

Amazing facility

We have used Prestige for respite care for 2 months for my mom. She is much more relaxed when we pick her up from Prestige than any other respite help we have gotten.

They have two activity directors, covering 7 days a week. This gives a freshness to the position, and also a 3 day break from the job demands. ( they work 4 on, 3 off)

Each person we have dealt with is extremely attentive to my concerns, and listen.

The owner and two staff just took training on the best friends approach to care. They have had their staff take the virtual dementia tour( google it) . They seem committed to training the staff to do the best job possible.

I would not, however recommend Prestige as a long term solution to respite care. My plans were to have mom become familiar with the place with a goal down the road if moving her in. The short term goal was my peace of mind during much needed breaks. BUT Prestige is so popular the rooms fill up quickly and permanent residents take priority. You will most likely end back at square one having to move your loved one to another respite location. This is the only real negative I can say at this point in time