Porthaven Manor - Port Huron, MI

I love it here!

I like it a lot here at Porthaven Manor. They are friendly and helpful. I have no problems here at all. I have choices for meals. I can prepare my own meals, or I can choose one of their meals for dinner and pay for it to be catered. They have donuts and coffee on Fridays for the residents to get together and socialize. The rest of the time they have coffee breaks in the morning for the residents. They have quite a few activities, I haven't gotten into many of them as I am still getting settled in. I love my apartment. It has a nice big living room and bedroom. Each of the apartments has their own patio. They offer transportation to get into town to go places like to the banks, shopping, doctor appointments. I'm getting acquainted with my neighbors, they are all very friendly. I fell in love with this community and it was affordable for me. Yes, I would definitely recommend this community to others.

Good Move For Mom

I am extremely glad we moved mom to this location. It has been so good for her. She is enjoying interacting with the residents there and joining the activities. She loves the food it's great. The staff has been so kind and friendly.

Getting to know the place!

The staff is doing a great job. Mom on the other hand says that she does not need to be here. Mom is having a rough time with the transition. They have activities, but again mom has not got involved yet. She enjoys her meals and the dining experience.

pleasant experience

We have had a very positive experience with Porthaven Manor. They have a lot of really good activities and keep my mother active and involved. They check on her regularly to make sure she has everything she needs, is well cared for, and is happy. They handle her administration of medication very well, always done correct and in a timely manner. It's been a very pleasant experience.

We have had a wonderful, wonderful experience here.

I am very happy with them. It's an absolutely wonderful place. They keep her busy and take her out. They go out of their way to be patient with the fact that she is hard of hearing. They are very structured, which is perfect for her. She is very happy, and that makes us happy. The meals are optional, they put the menu up for the month and she can pick and choose which ones she wants, or if she wants to cook for herself. We have had a wonderful, wonderful experience here.

Port Haven Manor

Administrator Mary, called me the same night of my search for housing for my brother. Toured Port Haven Manor two days later, only to find a beautiful, clean, caring staff, with an affordable price to meet his needs.

I like that this facility i...

I like that this facility is independent to Asst. Living. I love the locaton, right in the heart of a busy area. The Blue Water bus pulls in front of the building every 40 minutes and can be utilized for 35 cents. The client can contract w/the health facility next door. The lady that runs the place was very pleasant and took time to go over everything. This would be my first choice depending on the money situation. I really like Pt. Huron. I like their Theater room.

Porthaven Manor is an elegant retirement community designed exclusively for those of you 62 and older. As a resident of Porthaven Manor you will live in grand style in a lovely one or two bedroom apartment. We know that you will love the many advantages that Porthaven Manor has to offer as well as our many features, amenities and services.

Our success is based on our philosophy that our residents come first. We understand seniors each have different interests and needs. We are committed to catering to those needs.