The Ultimate Gift

My mother and I were blessed to find this place. The staff was beyond wonderful and treated my mother with such respect. I can't say enough about how wonderful they were for 2 years. It was a long journey and she was happy to be "home". She got undivided attention and always seemed comfortable. It was a perfect choice..... great meals, day trips, weekly treats (getting nails done), exercise programs and even visits from the church volunteers. Birthdays celebrated, walks outside and "special treats" were never forgotten. She would never have liked a large "facility". This was a true "home". Youlette and "family" will always have my deepest gratitude and respect. Pondella was the ultimate gift for Mom.

I love Pondella Serenity Court

It may not the fancy-shamancy assisted living that has 200 rooms in one building with very poor care. Pondella Serenity Court ([removed]) staff takes this extremely personal with the 10 to 13 room accommodations that it provides. It's a very nuclear assisted living family...no one is left behind or forgotten. The staff is not there for a living.... they are there because their calling pointed them to Pondella Serenity Court. One-on-one interaction is pinnacle. We strive not to be the most popular or well known in the industry, but we strive to view life as its the most important entity or subject on earth. Every life on earth is more that a blessing.

Best assisted Living in Florida

Oh my goodness....finally a place that i feel that will treat my loved one with care. We need more centers like Pondella Serenity Court in the USA. They are the best. No complaints!!!!!!!

Disappointing Place

This place was a disappointment and definitely would not recommend it. Upon all of my visits to a loved one there, I noticed too many things. The CNA's are definitely NOT educated in dealing with Alzheimer or Dementia patients which is disappointing because the majority of the residents there have either one of those diseases. The CNA's do keep the place clean though. The window blinds are never opened to allow natural light in so the place is always dark, gloomy, and depressing. Of all the times I visited my loved one, the air conditioner never turned on so it was always very warm and stuffy. I was led to believe that the residents have activity time in the afternoon, but that was all untrue; there was never any activity stimulation--they were basically drugged up which led them to sit in front of the living room's blasting television, half slumped over sleeping. The owner of home/facility is not very professional nor is her staff. Most of the CNA's speak very poor English. The food that was served was mainly frozen stuff such as chicken nuggets, french fries, canned soup, peanut butter sandwiches--homemade meals were only served on holidays. For what you pay, this place is not worth the cost nor the aggravation of putting up with non-professionals.

Not a good choice

I was searching for a place for my mom. I stopped by, no appointment to see the place.
1. I thought it was a nursing home, but it was a duplex, and they made it to a family home.
2. When I walked in it felt warmer inside than outside. While I was walking through I saw the thermostat and it was set at 81. Too hot for Florida and it makes everyone sleepy, which most of the people there were sitting in chairs and asleep.
3. The rooms were mostly 2 single beds. It was the size of a small room. I wasn't shown any single rooms. As I was walking out I noticed a lady (CNA?) making peanut butter & jelly sandwiches, with bare hands. That was enough for me!

I was welcomed into the home. It was clean, no bad odors everything was neat and orderly. I was given information about daily activities ,what they ate ,and about their staff. Mrs Osselin was very helpful and caring.

Going very well!

I haven't had a chance to visit personally yet, but I have heard nothing but good things from my family members! They've all been impressed by how clean the place is, it is always very well kept and tidy, and there have never been any odors to speak of. They really are taking excellent care of my loved one, and the whole family is very pleased!

Concerns in re: non qualify staff

This place has lots of non qualify people working as certified nursing assistants. should be reported to the state for such act. My loved one was so unhappy there. A lot of non english spoken people, non qualified staff working there. They hire pretty much anyone from the street to act as CNAs. That is a shame for the amount of money people are paying and the facility can't even hire real CNAs.

My family is blessed to have found Pondella Serenity. The staff is caring and attentive. The personal attention given is more that would have been received in a large facility. The meals were nutritional, as well as attractive. When my father is ready for placement, we will return to Pondella.

Pondella Serenity Gets High Marks

I can not say enough about the caring people at this community. My mother was a resident for over three years and in that time she received the highest level of care and respect. I felt very comfortable knowing there was 24/7 care for mom and that she was never alone. There were activities each day and special gatherings other than holidays, which included the residents' families.

I have recommended Pondella Serenity to friends looking for a place for their loved one. A place where the resident didn't get lost in a large community and the family could feel comfortable knowing they were safe, well fed and protected. Don't confuse Pondella Serenity with a larger facility on Pondella Road in North Fort Myers.

Best Nursing Home Value in SouthWest Florida.

My Mother in Law resided at PSC for about 2 years. The management and staff always provided exemplary and professional care at every level. After a year of research in the area we determined that this facility was the best value for the money, in SW Florida. With our family member being 96, in frail health, and memory impaired we had kept her at home as long as possible. The only reason that she went to any facility was because it was in her best interest!
The staff was always available for the residents due to the open nature of the floor plan. This is very important when residents need to be monitored all the time. They are always in the staff's view. The Nurse/Owner and the on site administrator were always accessible. When our family member had to go to the hospital the owner frequently visited her, and provided us with valuable information as to how to inform the Hospital staff to deal with her. Even though my Mother in Law had Alzheimers she was treated as an individual, with all the dignity required, memory challenged or not.
The monitoring of medical needs and advice was excellent.
The cost compared to the value of the care received puts PSC at the top of the charts, as far as we our family is concerned.

Dark, uninviting, no one in...

Dark, uninviting, no one interested in helping tour.

Not to my Satisfaction

It was OK - I just saw people sitting there doing nothing. The home was OK in terms of cleanliness, but not to to my satisfaction.