Country Gardens at Dunwoody - Dunwoody, GA

A little too far off the “beaten path” for me. People seemed nice but I was not at ease.

Great Place!

Very Impressed by this facility. It is very clean, neat and tidy. The staff are attentive and always smiling. The residents are happy and well groomed. Great place!!

Great community!

The community was beautiful and clean and felt very cozy. The staff was very friendly and interactive with both the residents and their guests. Highly recommend!

Christina Trentham

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us. We love our residents and we feel privileged to have the opportunity to care for this beloved generation.

Great place

Lovely and clean. Caregivers are wonderful.

Christina Trentham

Clean and tidy, sweet staff

My first impression of this community was very clean and tidy. As soon as i walked in the door, i was greeted and given a tour of the building. This person was sweet and very attentive and answered all of my questions. Trusting some one with your loved ones care is a hard decision to make and never comes easy. I had the chance to speak with several staff members and everyone seemed genuinely happy here. Unfortunately my mother needed a higher level of care than what could be provided, but i will definitely recommend this community to friends and family!

Wonderful place! Staff seemed very friendly and interactive with the residents. Building was clean and has been updated recently.

health conscious & compassionate

I can not mention how vitally important it is for our elderly to eat healthy nutritious. With that being said having a Dining Services Director that is health conscious not to mention keeps a meticulous kitchen made me realize Country Gardens cares deeply for its residents. The love and compassion the workers have for the residents shows not just in the work they do but in the way they look at them. The joyous smile and laughter is contagious here giving me peace of mind that my loved one is in the best place they can be!

Christina Trentham

Such an inviting community to reside at

Country Gardens Dunwoody is a great place. It looks like home, and feels like family. Every time I step foot into Country Garden Duluth, I feel like I am at home, as it really does have a "homey" feel to it. The residents and staff really do feel like a big family. You can see the care and the compassion they have for one another. The staff is very attentive to the residents. The food is very appealing and you can tell that there's love when the meals are prepared. The Activities are amazing, and they do fun things with the residents. If you are searching for a place for your loved ones to be cared for, this is definitely the place!!

Wonderful Community

Beautiful community! Would highly recommend to friends and family looking for Assisted Living!

Christina Trentham

Warm, Cozy and Informative!!!!

Toured and met with the executive director. What a warm cozy place. Staff is very friendly and it's easy to tell they care about the residents at Country Gardens at Dunwoody. Making this decision is very hard and overwhelming. They made the weight a lot lighter and enlightened me on a lot that I was unaware of regarding the care and wellbeing of my Mom.

Lovely place!

I toured this community recently. Beautifully renovated, must see. I love the outdoor patio, gardens area, and sunporch. Appears to be more affordable than most of the newer communities. Great location, very private. Friendly staff, and management. Food smelled wonderful..!

Wonderful little gem....

Five stars for this community! Beautiful, cozy and all the updates look great! Staff is caring, location is perfect and activities are amazing! So glad they have a memory care on site in the event its needed when the time comes.
Thank you all for what you do!

took tour on Jan 9. Facility is not split between memory care and assisted living care. Nice people and residents seem to like that the food is decent and portion size can be reduced for those who don't eat as much. Lot of updates to building and future plans.

Shelley Hamner

Thank you for taking the time to review Country Gardens Dunwoody. We do have a separate memory care as well as personal care available. We would love for you to come back and see it!

Feels Like Home

My mom and I are really glad about our final decision to go with Country Gardens. The community is really friendly and quaint. Because it is a smaller community all the residents really know each other and everyone is very social. Country Gardens really does have a family atmosphere about it, which I love. Staff is excellent as well.

Shelley Hamner

Thank you so much for taking time to review our darling community, Country Gardens. We are thrilled that you and your mom are happy with your decision to call it home. We will continue to work hard to exceed your expectations. Welcome to the family!

Short and sweet

They've been very helpful with taking care of mom.

Shelley Hamner

Thank you for your feedback and we are glad that you and your mom are happy!

This facility looked pretty and clean but unfortunately it is the same level of care that my Mom has at her current facility. My Mom needs a step up in care. So we did it really tour or evaluate closely. But the staff as nice and the residents were enjoying a live banjo concert at 11 am which was very nice

Shelley Hamner

We are so thankful that you took the time to visit our community and welcome your feedback! We take pride in making sure our community is welcoming to our residents and guests. Glad you were able to see some live music as well. We'd love to try and help you out with your mother's care!

Looked A Little Outdated

This community appeared to be older than most of the communities I had previously toured. The staff was friendly and very helpful on the tour. In walking around I just got the feeling of an older environment things didn't appear to be updated

Shelley Hamner

Thank you for coming to visit our lovely community. We have recently replaced the flooring in our first floor common space and have all new furniture. I'm not sure when you last toured but we'd welcome you back to see our beautiful community!

Mom's Care

We liked the care from this community. The staff was nice, but the cost was more then what we could do. The staff has not returned my calls. They did not always have enough staff to take care of the residents. The community was clean. The menu needs more variety. We would recommend that other families tour this community for the care of a loved one.

Shelley Hamner

Thank you for taking time to review our community. We are very glad that you were pleased with the care your mom received while she was a resident. Please feel free to reach out to our home office if you would like to discuss anything further with us.

My mother had bed sores the facility did nothing thank god for hospice when my mother passed the shorted the family over 2 weeks $ back these people are [Removed]

Shelley Hamner

Please reach out to our Executive Director to discuss your personal situation.

Happy Grammy, Happy Family!!

My family has been very happy with the care our grandmother gets at Plantation South of Dunwoody. There have been changes but they have all been for the better and we couldn't be happier with her care and dedicated staff. We highly recommend !!!

Thank You!

I have been so pleased with my father's care staff since we placed him here. They have always been very pleasant and helpful. It was difficult for my family to make this transition, and the staff has gone above and beyond to make it as easy as possible for all of us. It means so much to see so many friendly faces, and to know he is being well cared for.

First Experience

I toured this community a couple of weeks and was blown away! I'm in the early process of looking for placement for my mother and the Directors and staff made this such a pleasant experience. As the property is undergoing some renovations - I can only imagine the truly finished outcome. They are making the decision of future placement a lot easier when that time comes. This place is definitely in the top!

Workers don't appear to be managed at all and they don't engage the residents. My friend is in memory care, and she and all the other residents are just placed in front of the tv while the staff plays on their iphones behind the desk. This place is sad.

Poor Management Presence

We were so hopeful when we moved our Mom in to Plantation South. It looked bright and cheerful and the Director and Asst. Director were so friendly. That was all for show. Since we moved her in, we have had 4 different Directors and new staff with each. The turnover is terrible. Each director asks us to give them time to make a transition, but then they leave. We have now seen a new company (senior solutions) buy the facility and put yet another new manager in place. Things have declined even further. Residents are placed in front of the TV for hours on end. Management doesn't show any concern. So disappointed.

Our Experience

My mother at age 90 left her home of 50+ years to become a resident at Plantation South-Dunwoody.
- The introduction to the facility was very user- friendly. Cordial staff greeted us and explained how they would assist my mother.
My mother has been at Plantation South since April 30,2015.
A newcomer to be sure, but in that time the facility has been sold to a new management group, Senior Solutions.
All is not smooth. It is disconcerting to our family and also very disturbing to our mother. She signed a contract for a level of care that has been erratic, at best.
She is actually a very high functioning women with more physical needs than assistance with intelligence needs. She appreciates the staff who are friendly and arrive on time to get her to meals, to help her with showers and personal care needs and those who keep her small apartment clean and tidy.
I understand that is a transitional time for Plantation South but it is a very disconcerting time for residents who at this point in their lives need structure and consistency and care.

Great Experience at Plantation South Dunwoody

My family never thought we would have to put our mom in a ny kind of elder care facility. It was a difficult decision to make and the entire staff of Plantation South Dunwoody has made the experience much easier and very comforting. The staff takes good care of my mother and communicates very well with my family. My mom was quite the recluse but the activity director here has done so much to include my mom in as many activities with other residents as possible. I highly recommend Plantation South Dunwoody.

Good respite care

We used this facility for a few days of respite care for a loved one, and I thought they did a good job overall! From the brief experience we had with them it seemed like they kept their facility clean, the staff were friendly, and the place had a nice atmosphere overall.

Overall we are fairly pleased with Plantation South

Overall we are fairly pleased with Plantation South of Dunwoody. The staff is friendly. They have complained a few times about the food. They are very good about responding to requests and concerns. They have had money go missing a few times. That is really concerning.

I'm pretty satisfied with them.

I'm pretty satisfied with them. They're a fantastic group of people. You get a lot more one on one with them than the last place we were. They really do a good job keeping in touch with us, if she is having a good day or a bad day they will call us and let us know what's going on. They could do a little better on the food, I would give them about a two on the food. It feels very homey when you walk in the door, the colors they use, and room off to the left, with a big T.V., and it was just nice.

Yonnie called me on Friday ...

Yonnie called me on Friday so I went by on my way home. I was impressed with the tour & liked the smaller feel of the assisted living. The separate memory care unit was great. I liked the layout and the staff were all welcoming & very caring. Definitely a daycare possibility. Prices were good. We are going to a free seminar given by an elder care attorney later this month.

Short stay, great place

My father was dealing with Lewy Body Dementia and stayed here for a week before his condition worsened. We had to move him but this place would have been perfect. The staff was caring, the facilities warm and as inviting as possible. They worked with us during this difficult time and we'd certainly use them again.

Mom was not happy with the place. I ...

Mom was not happy with the place. I don't think there are enough activities for her.

I saw a regional manager. She was ve...

I saw a regional manager. She was very personable and approachable. She was not the resident manager. Residents seemed very happy and content.They had choices of food and would get assistance helping them select. Residents looked clean and groomed. Doctors will come on site. hair dresser comes, prices very reasonable

Liked facility, but price too high an...

Liked facility, but price too high and concerned about location

This is a beautiful facility and both...

This is a beautiful facility and both the staff and the atmosphere were excellent.

For over 40 years we have been setting the standard in Senior Living. Our commitment to family values such as integrity, reliability, and excellence is more than just a business philosophy- it’s a tradition. Be sure to visit our web site at www.PlantationSouth-Dunwoody.com

At Plantation South of Dunwoody we offer a choice of lifestyles based upon individual needs. We provide Assisted Living, Personal Care, and Alzheimer’s Care, Short-term/Respite Care and a Senior Day and Overnight Program. Whatever lifestyle you choose, you are assured of our most important commitment: providing quality care with respect and compassion in a home-like atmosphere.

The Short-term/Respite Program and Senior Day and Overnight Program at Plantation South of Dunwoody have been designed with caregivers in mind, enabling them to enjoy vacationing, shopping, handling emergencies or just rejuvenating while a loved one is cared for in a home-like environment. Our Short-term/Respite and Senior Day and Overnight Programs are available 7 days a week, including weekends and holidays. Providing a structured, fun, active day within a home-like atmosphere is always the priority.

Our 24-hour staff is here to provide you with the support you expect and the care you deserve. Our service packages includes medication assistance, prescription ordering, bathing assistance, 3 delicious meals daily, arrangements and transportation for local medical appointments, shopping, banking and activities. We also include apartment housekeeping, daily activities and social programs, complimentary notary and fax services, and much, much more.

At Plantation South of Dunwoody we provide a wide variety of activities and social programs to stimulate the minds and bodies of our residents. Such activities include computer classes, pet therapy, trivia, entertainment, music, church services, art classes, gardening, monthly birthday parties and much more. We aim to meet everyone’s needs, providing an opportunity for companionship yet always allowing for the privacy you may desire.

We are here for you when you need us, offering a full range of services. Our family values and standards of excellence prove that Plantation South of Dunwoody is your best choice for senior living. Why don’t you stop by today for a tour of our premier community? Our caring and experienced staff is here to answer any questions you may have. Come and see how seniors get the most out of life!