Pickersgill Retirement Community - Towson, MD

My visit

This seemed like a nice place for what they offered. The have some nice grounds with some large trees and sitting areas. They offer different levels of care. They seem to offer some nice amenities.

The Perfect Size at the Perfect Price

My 78 y.o. mother has been dealing with cancer for the last several months and needed more care than I could provide for her myself. Pickersgill turned out to be the best solution for our family. The days mom feels well, there are plenty of activities to keep her engaged, and the days she doesn't, I know she can rest in her room and get all the care she needs. The staff are all very friendly, and there is a real effort to keep the residents socially active. The size was perfect - we didn't need a large "country club" vibe, yet it's a big enough place that they offer all the medical care we required. Bonus points for having things like a beauty salon and rehab facility on site! I definitely feel like my mother's quality of life has been greatly improved since moving to Pickersgill.

Excellent Retirement Community!

We visited a lot of assisted living communities in the area and found Pickersgill Retirement Community to be the best by far! We immediately felt the environment to be a safe place for our grandmother. Everyone there makes it a point to be kind and compassionate to all the residents. The rooms and common areas are clean and comfortable. We can't say enough good things about Pickersgill.

Pickersgill is very caring and supportive

A house is just a house, until it's filled with love. The staff at Pickersgill Retirement Community are like family, and every time I'm there I see the love and respect for my parents as well as all the other residents. Mom & Dad both love their new home, and therefore so do I. We are so lucky to have found this place!

My parents have lived in Pickersgill Retirement Community for over 3 years. I am satisfied with every aspect of the community from the employees to the services to the activities. My parents are happy and content, and that makes things easier on me!

They've Been Absolutely Great So Far

Mom has been living at Pickersgill for the past four months and loves it. Nice clean apartment and great food. She has already joined an exercise class, book club and bridge club. Staff is very friendly. I think think Pickersgill will be good for my Moms happiness and health. So far so good!!

Very Nice Community

I have a very positive view of Pickersgill. The staff are friendly and the residents are well treated. The meals provided are generous and tasty. The community is good quality and is well maintained and decorated.

Pickersgill is awesome

Though my father has only been a resident of Pickersgill Retirement Community for the past 4 months, I am impressed with the quality of care, together with the welcoming atmosphere which has helped to ease his transition from independent living in his own home. The food looks delicious and tastes even better! The staff does much to include family members at every step of the process and stays in contact more than any other facility I have been involved in - and as a geriatric social worker, I have worked with most of the facilities in five counties.

Caring Staff

Our mother who have chosen to move into this wonderful community is not disappointed. Attention to detail comes along with a wonderful, caring staff of professionals clearly dedicated to those they serve. The community is beautiful, activities engaging. Great location - with easy access to downtown Baltimore and located in a safe and less trafficky area of Towson make this a wonderful community for individuals who wish to remain independent and continue to enjoy what the surrounding communities have to offer. Overall, we have been extremely pleased with Pickersgill Retirement Community.

Pickersgill is the place to be

All the staff here at Pickersgill Retirement Community are great caring people who will help you in any way they can,and the food is great.

Very Nice Place to Live

Dad was a resident of Pickersgill Retirement Community. Loved it. Staff knew all about him and treated him like one of the family. Lots to do.

Well kept and pleasant

Some communities are well kept secrets when it comes to good care and pricing. Pickersgill Retirement Community is one of those communities where they go above & beyond to care for their residents. They also have interesting and engaging activities that are meaningful and fun. During my visit, I saw happy residents treated with kindness & respect.

This is a very nice, clean community

My grandmother is in this excellent retirement community. I really enjoy going to visit her daily. And each time I go visit the lawn/landscaping is always so nice. Another thing I like is how the community is safe and security is always available to see who is entering and leaving the building.

And I really like how the community is set up. It look as if it's an apartment community. And what's really nice is the staff members come around to check on the residents and there is housekeeping available when needed.

I really enjoy going to visit this nice clean community and my grandmother.

Life at Pickersgill

I have lived at Pickersgill Retirment Community for 3 years and I find everyone to be very cooperative, polite and pleasant. The food service is very good. The housekeeping staff does an excellent job. I would recommend anyone to come and live here.

Not bad, but not for Mem. ...

Not bad, but not for Mem. I think the person we met with was Janice Harris. She was nice but could not even think about getting Mem in Pickersgill until sometime in January. She was concerned about the Power-of-Attorney issue and said it would have to be straightened out before she could begin. She also said that with no savings to speak of, she wouldn't meet their financial requirements. We told her that Mem owns her home with an $80,000 loan balance from the home equity and that her guaranteed monthly income is around $3,400 but she still said she wouldn't meet the requirements. As we went through the recent history with the grandson, ex-coworker, etc. she commented three times, 'This is all too complicated for me.' Her prices were not less than Emeritus which was much more friendly and more inviting in appearance, as well. She said that if Emeritus accepted her and has a place now that we should jump on it. We met in her office and didn't get as far as seeing any units, so I can't comment on that aspect.

Older development. Lovely g...

Older development. Lovely grounds. Lots of helpful advice on options for Mom.

This is a wonderful place B...

This is a wonderful place BUT with the little care my mother needs they do not offer respite. You have to be self sufficient.

Amazing

From the first moment we walked into the facility I was already impressed. After meeting some of the staff they made our transition very simple and smooth. We went from being confused and unsure to being totally confident in our decision for my mother. She loves the community and has a confidence that she has not had since my father passed away. We can now be at ease knowing that she will be happy and cared for at Pickersgill.

For over two centuries, Pickersgill Retirement
Community has built a reputation for providing value, independence and security for seniors.

Value
Here residents enjoy a comfortable home and high quality care at a reasonable cost. In fact, Pickersgill is the only rental, continuous care retirement community in the Baltimore area.

Independence
Pickersgill is dedicated to helping residents maintain their independence. Dining, transportation, housekeeping, maintenance and nursing staff provide the services you need, so you can enjoy the activities you like most.

Security
Nursing staff is available 24/7 for emergencies and immediate response for sudden illness. Residents also have access to on site physical therapy and podiatry, dental and ophthalmology
services.

Assisted Living Suites & Rooms
Enjoy carefree living while attentive staff take
care of all meals, housekeeping, laundry
services and medication monitoring.
Included in the monthly fee:
? Three delicious, chef-prepared meals a day
? All utilities except phone and cable
? Weekly housekeeping
? Personal laundry service
? Medication review and monitoring
? On site nursing staff 24 hours a day
? Emergency call cord in all rooms
? Recreational and cultural programs and
activities
? Scheduled trips to shopping and banking