Peristyle Residence Honeysuckle House - Gretna, LA

Peristyle Residence Honeysuckle House is located in Louisiana and caters to elderly, dementia, memory loss and Alzheimer's patients. This assisted living facility has a home environment that will provide your loved ones with the best care possible. The home environment will create a family type feel that makes it extremely comfortable and gives it a feel that is not like a large assisted care facility. Your elderly parents will be able to get the best care they deserve and need. Honeysuckle house provides them with that care while letting them remain comfortable with a beautiful home small option. Our faciility is able to accomodate a maximum of six residents. They will be able to be cared for and still feel like they are at home. This option is great for people who are not able to safely or comfortably live at home or alone but are not ready or don't want to go to an institution type assisted living care facility. The small care assisted living facility is a great option for personalized, one on one elderly patient care. You can be sure that your aging parents are getting the best care possible in a comfortable, safe, easy environment. From day to day activities to more involved things like medication and therapies, the Honeysuckle House staff is able to provide for it's elderly patients with the help of their doctors, families and other medical professionals. Peristyle Residence Honeysuckle House is a perfect option for your loved one that needs assistance in a home style environment.

Clean Community!!

My father is doing well. He really looks forward to the daily meals they have a wide variety. There are activities that he sometimes likes to participate in. At the moment i am having issues with the staff i would really like this to get resolved its a good community for my loved one.

A Difficult Decision

I was faced with the most difficult decision of my life. I had always stated that my mom would never be placed in a home. When the time came she would live with me. Well, life throws you curve balls and my mom had lived independently with dementia stage 5 for the last two years. I had finally after much struggle got her to accept a few hours a day of in home care. Then she suffered a stroke that left her wheelchair bound and with dementia stage 6. She would need 24/7 care. Nursing homes in the New York area are $10,000 to $15,000 a month (she did not qualify for Medicaid). I tried to take care of her with my 20yr. old son. We made it one month. The sleep deprivation took its toll on our health. She declined quickly from one week to the next. Trying to get her to take her medicine took 45mins to an hour. Sometimes she'd be up 36 hours straight. We were at our wits end. In all my research online I happened upon "A Place for Mom". I was called back promptly and led to a lovely counselor named Kate. We had decided to look out of state due to the financial restraints, my mom had too much for Medicaid but, not enough for the cost in N.Y. area. We visited New Orleans, Louisiana many times and found nursing homes are $5,000 to $8,000 a month here. Kate suggested a different choice. She suggested Peristyle Residence and referred me to Sean. They have four homes in nice suburban communities. The houses have 5 to 6 residents in private bedrooms. They receive 24hour care. The setting is not institutional, a real home not a nursing home. I was worried my mother would be too much of a handful, but Sean put my mind to rest. My mother is doing well there and all the staff are caring and lovely. The residence is spotless, no smells, real food on dishes served in dinning room, backyard, and very attractive inviting décor.I felt no quilt in placing her there. I knew I had tried but could not care for my mom and have any kind of life. I knew a nursing home was breaking my promise. But, Peristyle Residences gave me an option of a beautiful placement and I thank "A Place for Mom" for their referral. Janya Mercado