Community on the decline

We first began looking at this community for my dad - when it was Peregrine's Landing. Some of the things that attracted the family to this community was - it's proximity to where we live, it's smaller size, its reputation and some of the people we knew who had their loved-ones living there in the past. We didn't pull the trigger and make any moves at that time.

Based on our changing needs, we circled back - 6 to 8 months later, for a revisit and re-tour to find this community had a new name and new Director. What we saw this time around was nothing short of shocking. Uncleaned rooms, unclean residents looking nothing short of bored and unattended to. Common areas looked cluttered. We came at lunch - residents were eating off of paper plates, almost grade-school cafeteria style. No linens on the tables. The new Director, she seemed overwhelmed yet extremely arrogant. We asked if we could meet some of the staff we met 6 months ago (we were fortunate to meet 3 or 4 people - who seemed impressive) - but she indicated none of those people still work for the community.
All in all - we choose another community a little further away.

SLC Midwest

My name is Shawn, I’m the Regional Director of Operations for Senior Lifestyle. I first wanted to thank you for taking the time to express your thoughts regarding The Shoreline at Clinton. Certainly, we value the thoughts of not only our residents and families, but those who are looking for the right senior living community for their loved one(s) as well.

I am very sorry to hear that you had such a negative feeling coming from our community. We pride ourselves in making sure that our residents have a wonderful quality of life, and I would welcome the opportunity to be able to speak with you regarding your experience at our community. Please reach out to me at [removed]. Thank you in advance for the opportunity to be able to hear about your visit.

A loving place for a loving parent in need

My father has been at this facility before became Shoreline of Clinton. The new management has things under control. They are fantastic with my father as I see with other clients as well. The staff is excellent and well trained for memory care. My dad is tough because he can't communicate verbally anymore. Though they always seem to know what he needs. they get dad laughing an or smiling. Highly recommend. Activities trips exercising mind and body. Just had a prom and was overwhelming well received.
Singers come in, beach days. Food is fresh and tasty.

SLC Midwest

Susan, thank you so much for sharing your experience; we appreciate your confidence in us and we're proud and honored to part of your family's journey!

Hidden Gem

The Shoreline of Clinton is a valuable asset to our Shoreline community in Southern CT! Staff is amazing; the level of service is unparalleled both clinically and compassionately. You will always be greeted with a sincere smile and all members of staff will go above and beyond to meet the needs of residents and their loved ones. If you're looking for a unique self-contained memory care unit that allows residents to feel at home rather than in a sterile facility- you've found your place! The Shoreline is Clinton's hidden gem, without a doubt

SLC Midwest

Heather, thank you so much for your review; we appreciate your confidence in us and your recommendation of our community!

Attentive and professional staff

Things are going much better at The Shoreline and my mother is finally adjusting. She no longer asks to go home. There are activities available to her if she would like to join in. I have not eaten there with her but the nurses tell me she eats well. We chose The Shoreline because it is in close proximity to where I live which makes visiting easier. One thing that really impresses me about The Shoreline is any time I call they are always attentive and professional and make sure I get in contact with the right person. I like that's it a community and the staff makes an effort to get to know the residents as well as families.

SLC Midwest

Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review; we appreciate your confidence in us! We are delighted to hear that your mother is feeling at home with us!

Down Hill Fast

We had a loved one in this facility for 2.5 years. Under the previous ownership, care and involvement was great. Turnover was very low.

Just prior to the new ownership, and then much more afterwards, things went down hill quickly. The director became a bully who made [Removed] when we asked for hospice services. The activity levels dropped, and the best staff started leaving.

While that director is no longer there, the care continued dropping. Many patients started leaving, and the leadership wouldn't accept patients back from the hospital if they had a higher level of care. In other words, they want the "easy" patients.

Eventually, thanks to a lack of attention, our loved one had a fall. What they said was a bump on the head was a fractured hip.

very unprofessional group. Wouldn't recommend them to anyone. A dangerous place for older people, and poorly run group. Also above average price point.

SLC Midwest

We were disappointed to learn you had a negative experience, and would appreciate the opportunity to learn more about your time at the Shoreline. Our mission is to provide best-in-class service and care to our residents, and every piece of feedback helps us improve. Please feel free to reach out to our Executive Director at our community phone number. Thank you for your time.

Disappointing, Frustrating, Untrustworthy - Day Program

Disappointing and frustrating experience - this review applies to their adult day program only, but If this is how they handle their day program, one has to wonder what they are doing with the residential care. We found them to be disorganized and are very reluctant to refund money that they owe us. We decided to try bringing my mother, who has mild dementia, to the day program three times a week. We found that they often didn't do the activities on the schedule or that the times would change, and more importantly, they do not separate people who have extreme dementia from those with mild dementia, so my mother would be in a space with someone screaming or shouting repeatedly. The experience was very upsetting for her so we switched to more conscientious day program in another town. We had paid Peregrine's in advance for convenience sake, and the marketing director assured us that we would be refunded for the 4 remaining days in the month. We left in February and it is now June. I have been calling to request our refunded days for over three months. They make excuses and promise to take care of and call me back with a status update, but they never do. I would definitely think twice before trusting them with your money or your loved one.

Live birds, pet friendly, location and community fee helped determined our choice. Surprisingly quick and easy entry on us as nurse and administrator did all the work.

Friendly communicative staff

We're very pleased with how things have turned out at Peregrine's Landing! They've got a great setup here, I toured quite a few communities in the area and compared to the others I saw this one has a very comfortable, home-like environment. It doesn't feel institutional at all! The staff is friendly and professional, and they've been very proactive when it comes to communication. They'll always let me know as soon as something comes up!

The staff was excellent

My loved one was only there for a week but it seemed like there could of been more activities. I certainly think she received good overall care. When I would go to visit, her hair wasn't combed. There's some things they could of did. I think they should pay more attention to detail. I think the staff and everyone was excellent. I just think more attention to detail would of been better. It was a very good place overall.

. Our Commitment...
...to provide a truly different senior living community for both assisted living and memory care...where you and your life are celebrated... spiritually, emotionally, physically and intellectually.

Peregrine Health Management Company, owner of Peregrine's Landing at the Shoreline in Clinton Ct., has revolutionized the way we look at, and care for, our loved ones living with Alzheimer's disease and other related dementias.

Taking the lead in dementia care, Peregrine's Landing has advanced memory care from the traditional custodial care environment to one that recognizes each individual as a valuable, unique and dynamic member of our community.

Here, our residents are provided the care and support they need to actively celebrate their lives physically, emotionally, mentally and spiritually; fostering self-esteem, independence and a higher quality of life.